[App][Pro] Panasonic Comfort Cloud Alternative

Thank you!

How long does a pull request for an update take? Does this end up in an update with me or is this only an update with Homey/mill?

That depends a bit on how you installed it I think. The pull request (i.e. my proposed change to the app’s code) was accepted by @Robert_Schmidt earlier today. I don’t know when that means the update will be available via HCS (I’ve installed it from source on my Homey Pro).

Just to be sure: if I download the newest zip from GitHub it should include the fix?

That should work, yes @Martijn_C

1 Like

Thanks again for the PR, @NickM - your help is much appreciated.

HCS is still undergoing major re-development.
In the meantime, follow instructions from the GitHub repo to install PCC-Alt manually, using the Homey SDK.

Thanks for the app.
Could install only from github.
My device - Panasonic hz25xke - returns the error on any manipulation.
Let me know if you need help with the fix.
Can program and test.

This looks similar to other reports. I hope to get some time this week to investigate. Could you send me (PM) the log contents from the app settings page? This might help pinpoint where to apply a fix.

I fixed a rather embarrassing typo, pushed to version 1.1.2. Let me know if it helps!

Anybody else getting “Error: Authentication failed, edit credentials in app settings.”?

I know the authentication details are correct. I have double and triple-checked the password. I have two accounts and can log in to both. Still getting the same message for both accounts…

Can i use the app also for a spit high performance heat pump?

Should’ve read above comments first. Cloning and re-installing from GitHub - ugumba/homey-panasonic-comfort-cloud-alt worked perfectly fine.

1 Like

Tnx not read all of the topic start.
My engliish is not that good.
Bu when ik install it with cli at Homey this version works

Thanks for this alternative! It works just beautifully with my split-unit. One question though, how would updating go about? I installed it via the CLI and all, worked fine, but now I wonder how to update?

Just pull any changes from GitHub to your local repo, or clone it again, then repeat the cli command to install.

As long as you do not uninstall the app, all settings and devices should be remembered.

1 Like

I have struggled this month with error messages and timeout errors … can´t change fan speed etc.
running version v1.1.2. latest beta versions in both homey app and firmware…
it worked really perfect in the beginning

The app has now worked perfectly for me for a few months, but I wonder if it works as well in the latest version of Homey Pro early 2023 ?

Yes, it does. I have it working for 2 months now.

Hopefully, this is the right place for asking this:

I get error when trying to connect with to my Panasonic acocunt.I have added the Homey Community space app to my Homey Pro 2023.

1. I have added the credentials for a new user in “Homey Community space /Configure” (the admin account didn’t work so I added a new Panasonic user with full permission in the PCC app).

2. When I create a new device, I get error according to attached image.

Translated, the first lines are: “New device found, choose which devices you want to add”

1. I can see the attached error message under: “Homey Community space /Configure”

What am I missing?

Have you tested the new credentials using the phone app? Sometimes an account has to approve terms and conditions before it is allowed to authenticate.

Make sure the password is entered correctly, of course. When copying and pasting, it’s easy to mistakenly include a trailing space, for example.

I don’t have any other suggestions, I’m afraid.

1 Like

By the way, I think the version available in HCS is out of date. HCS itself is pretty much defunct and under new development.

For the time being PCC-alt must be installed manually using the Homey SDK CLI.