[APP][PRO] Outdoor AirQuality Monitor (Luftdaten)

It looks that they keep messing with the API :unamused:
Hope I dont forget to check it (again…) If no update from me next weekend please remind me :wink:

2 Likes

Any cause found for the issue?
Thx Bavo

Thx 4 reminding. Havent had Homey time this weekend. Trying again next week.

1 Like

new version 2.2.2:

• Fix Luftdaten yet another API change.
  • Removed LD@homey device during pair.

Again they changed how to call the API. I start to think it is intentional to block ‘abuse’ from the API. So if that is the case, I wonder if Homey puts too much load on their servers. There is a default setting that indeed puts a lot of load on their server. This has to do with the maximum distance setting to collect data. For devices named ‘@homey’ this is set to 100 kM. While for a specific LD unit this is set to 1kM. So please check the max distance setting, and make sure it is as small as possible to reduce the server load.

I hope this keeps them from blocking API use again.

1 Like

Thanks!

I see it works again, I had LD@Homey and my own sensor configured (as a fallback if my own sensor would go offline). I’ve removed the LD@Homey now, my own sensor set to 1 km range and polling to every 2 minutes.
This all to keep the amount of calls as low as possible.

If they change the api to be able to block specific use, maybe you can generate an ID per homey that is used when fetching data? so not every homey calls using the same ID? (if the api uses an ID :sweat_smile: )

Hello,

Great app and no issues for me with homey. My issue is about importing homey into homekit. Importing does only give temperature (in full degrees) en humidity. The pm 2.5 and pm 10 do not show up as sensors.
Having this would be very nice

Hi. I have my own Lufdaten sensor, and I see that only PM2.5 and PM10 values are available through Outdoor AirQuality app. Temperature, pressure and humidity are not available.
It’s only my case or maybe someone has the same problem?

I think it has to do with how your sensor is configured on the luftdaten api.
What do you see when you look up your sensor on the map and then change pm2.5 to temperature?

You can click "active sensor map (external) from the homepage of your local sensor.
Right bottom of that luftdaten (map sensor community) page you can see a selection for other values.
If that doesnt show temperature i think something is wrong in sensor configuration.

You could also check devices.sensor.community | пользовательские настройки if you remember the password, it shows what data it receives.

2 Likes

Thanks!
In my initial setup there was installed another type of sensor, and after I changed it to different one, I forgot to update settings.
Now it works perfectly :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I also have a problem with my new luftdaten.info sensor, after adding it via homey no data is displayed. However, data is displayed on Luftdaten.info.

I have no problems, the data are displayed