[App][Pro] OpenWeather

I think that I was not clear in my communication regarding the rain fall. You are right that this info is not available as realtime info. That is no problem.
I like to see the rain fall of the last hour. This was visible in the OpenWeather app but since a few days the number stays on 0.
The last days and today it is raining in my town but the rainfall number will not change. Therefore my question, what could be the reason for this. :sweat_smile:

Oh, I thought about the forecast data :smile: ā€¦talked past each other.

I canā€™t say what is changed at OWM side. As you can see in your API data, OWM is not providing rain data for current weather at the moment. Perhaps depending on their local weather provider data - or itā€™s really a bug of OWM. I can only work with the data OWM is returning :man_shrugging:
Letā€™s check the API call the next time if there is rain at all.

Edit: I have now rain in the API data for my location. Iā€™ll check why itā€™s not updatedā€¦
Edit2: The rain was visible in the AIP data for inly a short time. On the next refresh it disappearedā€¦Donā€™t know whatā€™s the logic behind.

Is it possible that the AQI doesnā€™t refresh? I have created an Actual Airquality device and it has the same index for the last 19-20 hours.

This should be right.
While looking at this Iā€™ve seen that the device capabilities are not written into insights. Iā€™ll add this to check the historical values.

1 Like

I think that is exact the same probleem I see. This is why the number stays on 0. It worked before but do not know the logic why it is set to 0. The number should be visible for a least 59 minutes in the app.

The app is reading the OWM data for each interval and the device data it refreshed with the current data.
OWM should keep the value in their current data for this time.
The app is in sync with the Api.

Edit: Now itā€™s raining here and I got a rain value.

This is what I see. Last update was 4 hours ago. That means that the last 4 hours no change in rain fall. That is strange because today the total amount is 7mm at it is still raining.

You could ask OWN directly with some screenshots of your Api calls in combination with your local weather data.
Perhaps itā€™s depending on the local weatherproviders where OWN is getting data from.

I have sent a mail to OpenWeatherMap. Hopefully they can provide an answer why the precipitation number is not updated anymore.

As some I have received an update, I let you know.

1 Like

This is the answer I got from OpenWeatherMap. I am a bit confused now because they mention minutely forecast will show precipitation right now and they hourly stays on 0. :sweat_smile:

Answer from OpenWeatherMap:
ā€œThe minutely forecast will show precipitation only if precipitation is happening right now. Please check my first screenshot.
We show precipitation in the hourly field, please check my second screenshot.ā€

First Screenshot:

Second Screenshot:

1 Like

Minutly forecast only for perticipation makes no sens for me in Homey. How should that be displayed?
I had everywhere 0mm in minutly forecast while it was raining outside :sweat_smile:
I donā€™t know what to say now. The API data doesnā€™t correspond with the description. But if OWM wonā€™t investigateā€¦ :man_shrugging:

Insights are activated for all numeric capabilities with version 1.1.5.

1 Like

Thanks again, Ronny.
In case you get bored some day :grimacing::wink:, how about adding ā€˜National weather alertsā€™?

Haha :smile:
Too much work ony my list :sweat_smile:

Yes, I know that. But itā€™s only text and only english. That canā€™t be easily shown in capabilities. It doenā€™t really fit into the app. But I can search for a good usage.

If you lived in Germany, you could use that :shushing_face:

Hehe, thatā€™s a pity.
Thereā€™s (Dutch) apps like f.i. Buienradar/ Weeronline/KNMI. But I donā€™t really want (and thereā€™s no RAM left) another weather app.

I understand, I was thinking of a flow triggercard, like ā€˜Weather warningā€™ or something like that. The rest is up to the usersā€™ creativity :grimacing:

It looks like that:
grafik

So perhaps start/end time and the first tag?
But there could be more than one alertā€¦every solution will only be a partial one.

1 Like

Oww thatā€™s the complete 8 oā€™clock news! Heheā€¦
Yeah I think the first tag will do, with the start time. And eventually the end time as well.
In Holland they send out warnings like ā€œTropical heat expected, code redā€
Or ā€œ1mm snow expected, code yellowā€

1 Like

I have sent an update mail to OpenWeatherMap. I let you know the outcome.
For me it is a big question mark why the number stays the whole day on 0.
Am I the only one who has this issue or do other people see the same result for their location?

Thanks, Rob.
I expected the same. Even then minute forecast was 0 all the time while it was raining cats and dogs (I hope thatā€™s the correct spelling :grin:)

2 Likes

I follow this vivid discussion and was wondering if somebody knows a solution for this use case:

Is it possible to create the sum of the mm of rain the past 7 days, so not predicted but real rain (precipitation). Via Open Weather I can use the closest rain station, and thus no need to buy a rain meter.

I want to keep track of the mm rain in the past 7 days, in order to automate my watering in the garden.

Inspired by this case: Dutch Homey Automation House with example flows