[APP][Pro] OnlineRadio

or_forum_banner

OnlineRadio for Homey

Choose a radio station in this app and it will be available as a “token” for use with other apps.
For example, use the URL of the radio station and use it as a token to play music via url on your favorite speaker.

Currently supports posting…

• :radio: Radio stations chosen via dropdown in action card
  • :globe_with_meridians: Radio stations via own input as a custom URL in an action card
  • :white_check_mark: Radio station as a token to the trigger card that can be used in your favorite speaker action card to play music via a URL.

Download in the Homey App Store!

:gear: Install this app on your Homey and create a flow!

Supported radio stations countries :netherlands:
:netherlands: :uk: :belgium: :de: :denmark: :norway: :finland: :sweden: :poland: :fr: :it: :czech_republic:
More in coming updates

Flow example

flow

Ask to add your favorite radio station

:computer: Apps made by @LRvdLinden

See for more apps link below 👇🏻 or just open the pull down.

Contributions

If you appreciate this apps, contribute to future development by making a paypal contribution

or buy me a couple of :beers: or a :coffee: with iDeal or Bunq.me or become a surporter on Patreon

7 Likes

:sparkles: Update 1.0.6

New live version!

NEW

• First app release

Download the new version in the Homey App Store!

If you find any issues, send a report via the mobile homey app

More - apps - OnlineRadio - settings wheel right top - send diagnostic report (put your email and issues in the input field to make it easier)

:sparkles: Update 1.0.9

New live version!

NEW

• :de: German radio stations

Change

• added tukkerFM to Dutch radio stations

More - apps - OnlineRadio - settings wheel right top - send diagnostic report (put your email and issues in the input field to make it easier)

:sparkles: Update 1.0.15

New live version!

NEW

• 10 new :de: radio stations
  • 2 new :belgium: radio stations
  • New :netherlands: stations: Kink, tukkerFM, Sublime, Funk, Arrow Classic Rock, RadioNL, 100%NL and more!
  • Added support for :denmark: :norway: :finland: :sweden: :poland: :fr: :it:

Change

• added tukkerFM to Dutch radio stations

hey, maybe a stupid question but can your app work like this? Will the right radio station play when flow is started? Do I need to somehow expand the flow or indicate the speaker?
Opera Zrzut ekranu_2023-09-06_120351_my.homey.app

Hi,

You need select speakers also. See example flow.
flow

The way you define your flow works perfectly in combination with Sonos. It works much faster than the way I currently turn on the Radio using Sonos Radio. But I am not able to turn off the speaker. Not using a flow and not using the Sonos app. I have to push the pause button on the speaker physically. I am also not able to add other speakers. It seems the audio stream is not visible for Sonos.

Any ideas on how to solve this?

1 Like

Same problem here, radio only plays on one speaker even if the speaker is in a sonos speaker group. Also not able to turn the radio off because the stream is not visible in the sonos app.

Same problem here.
When using the TuneIn / Sonos Radio station, it is possible to send the pause action to the speaker to stop it.

@Sannie @Tibor070 @Twan_Veugelers Thanks for your feedback. I will look into it.

Yesterday I started using the app and managed to run the radio on the Sonos Salon speaker, today I tried to run it does not work. Out of curiosity, I added a second Sonos Sypialnia speaker and it works :D. And the Sonos Salon won’t start.

I have a feeling that the “Play URL” card can’t do anything with the name of the radio station, just the URL. (you are using the wrong token in the action card)

Correct! You need to use the url token.

@Sannie @Tibor070 @Twan_Veugelers

I dont have any problems. He plays on 5 speakers (Sonos: Sonos beam, Sonos sub, 2 times One) Keuken: ikea sonos speaker.

Just check your flows.

1 Like

I’ve looked so many times and never noticed

Hi, the issue is not the playing of the radio. (that works absolutely fine)
The problem is related to the Stopping of the radio being played.

It is not possible to pause the play, when using the OnlineRadio app. You need to physically push the botton on the speaker to make it shut up. Through the Sonos device or trough a flow (ie. TV turns on, shut down radio) the sonos speaker does not shut up.

Not a issue here! Works fine!

Hi @LRvdLinden
I have one single sonos speaker.
So I can/do not use the leave/join group option. But the action to pause the Sonos speaker does not actually work when the Sonos speaker is playing a OnlineRadio station. When it is playing a Sonos Radio station it always works.

Sorry.

Than i cant help. maby you can change your setup config.

So this is my tv flow.

But I don’t get it. Even if you have 1 speaker you can still pause it. Works for me even with my single speaker in the kitchen. It can’t be anything but your flow. Make sure you have the latest app version of both apps and reboot them once.