[APP][PRO] Nibe MyUplink

Also interested in this app and would like to install the app but when i press the link above to the test-app it seams that the app isn’t avaliable:

The reason for choosing only 10 capabilities is that I believe the use would not want all of them. Most of them are irrelevant, and if we add 50 capabilities to the capabilities page - it will not be usable (you do not have a search option, and you wouldn’t find the ones important for you).
In my opinion, that the capabilities are not the real value of the app, they are only “nice to have”. The important thing is the automations through flow-cards, in which you are not limited at all with the number of items, etc.
What I would do is to remove the logic of searching by containment. As suggested I will be strict with the name - the user will have to specify the exact datapoint name, and the capability will be added. I think this would be the best. I agree with you that anyway users will copy-paste it from the provided list. (If Homey would just allow to put a dropdown on the settings window… that would be a dream comes true :frowning: )

I poll MyUplink every 60 seconds. Hard coded. It’s not changing.

The insights screen is a very good question, I don’t know why Homey does not add all the numeric values to that screen, i thought it would be done automatically. I need to do some homework on that. Let me check about that.

@Sigurdur_Birgisson - thanks a lot for your valuable feedback, I really appreciate it!

@Kristian_Jonsson - the next version of the app is in review process by Homey. Once they are done with the review, the test-link will be up again. I assume it will be by the beginning of next week.
Glad to se you are interested. Please send feedback once you start using it.

Ah! Of course! I will come back with feedback as soon as the app is available. Thank you for the work!

1 Like

Friends, the test-link is back:

I am looking for more feedback if you have it.
I plan to release the final version in a few days.

Just here to say hi and thank you for your effort. I have a NIBE S 2125-12 and I’m really looking forward in being able to control it a bit. I’m offering any help in testing, if needed.

Thank you :slight_smile:
You can download the app from the test link and try it out. Let me know of any feedback.

As far as I can see I can’t influence any of the settings as they all require a subscription. I guess I have to connect to Modbus instead :frowning:

What exactly did you try to do?
How did you see that it failed?

Changing the “Set Point Heat” of any zone. It simply didn’t do anything. Trying the same in the uplink app shows the message that a premium subscription is necessary.

All,

I am happy to announce that the app went live today, with all the fixes based on all of your feedback.
Testers - please remove the device you added, install the formal app, and add your device again

I would like to thank each and every one of you who assisted in stabilizing this.
I am here to assist in any issue that you find in the app - new features requests, bugs, new enhancements, etc.

Good luck!

1 Like

I was not aware to the fact that you need a premium subscription for setting zones attributes…

Without subscription one can’t set anything. I guess(!) this is valid for the Nibe “app” as well as for the uplink API. :man_shrugging:

I have a VVM 500 that I’ve added to the app. It adds fine but I get this error message: invalid_setting_type

Would it be possible to make the app work for this heat pump?

Any information or report I can provide?

Thanks!

Thanks, I got your crash-report.
I’m on it.

@Ojebyn - I can see the problem.
Your pump did not provide zones, so it can not be used for settings data.
A few questions:

1. Did you get the message that the pump is not supported, and checked the “override device compatibility check” on the app settings?
  2. Do you have zones configured in your system?
  3. If you want, i can try to connect to your pump and see if I can do anything to support. If you agree, please send me your Client-ID and Client-Secret in a private message and I will try. Make sure the message is private :slight_smile:
  1. Yes
  2. Not sure about zones. Dont think so
  3. Will send PM

Thanks!

1 Like

Guys, I see a lot of crashes due to token that failed to be provided due to bad Client-ID.
If anyone has connection problems, can you please send me logs so I can get to the bottom of the issue?

You can check if your connection is valid by going into the app-settings, and click on the “Save Changes” button. You should get a green icon saying “Connected Successfully”.
If you get a different icon, please send me logs.

Hi Gal,
I installed your app yesterday and connected successfully to my Nibe S1255-6 heat pump. All datapoints came in, working great!

Today I noticed that the data has not been refreshed but keeps showing the data at the moment of connection. The only exception is the datapoint for Power Usage which is being updated continuously.

As you asked in your post, I tested the connection and that showed no errors; resulted in “Connected successfully” message.

Let me know if I can assist in finding the cause of the issue!

Kind regards,
Jan

Thank you, Jan.

Can you please send me the logs?
Go to the application settings, click the “Create Diagnostic Report”, describe the issue and send.