[APP][PRO] Nibe MyUplink

Which app, Rehau?
Unfortunately - no.
The device does not have any API I can use.
The one sent before does not work anymore (which is not surprising since it’s very insecure).

The app @frodeheg is referring to: myUplink | Homey

After logging in, nothing happens.

Sorry for my confusion.
I personally didn’t try it.

Yes, it is working for me. Though there was a minor problem in an earlier version, do you have the newest?

Yes, I have the test version 1.2.11.
I contacted the developer at help@myuplink.com several times, but the answer was that “myUptech is not the developer of Homey” every time. Also after explaining and documenting the difference between Homey and add-on apps.
Maybe I will try the modbus version. Or wait for the first normal release.

Hi,

I have been using the Nibe app from Emil Öhman to send data to Homey for several years, and it has worked great for several years. However, I recently received a notification that the Nibe Uplink, which the Nibe app uses, will close on August 30, 2024.

Can I update my VVM 310, 3x400V, and install this Homey app to continue sending data to my Homey?

Is there anything I should take into account before updating?

Regards

I am not familiar with the Nibe app from Emil Ohman, so I can not tell about the differences.

You can go ahead and try using this app – we currently have 566 users, and 0 complaints, so it seems useful and stable.

If any issues occur, I am here to assist.

1 Like

Hi @Gal_Carmeli , since about 14 days, my Nibe MyUplink app does not show the datapoints anymore. Only the used power is still being updated.

I tried restarting the app, resetting the Myuplink username and password, refilling the datapoint names but no effect unfortunately.

Any suggestions how can I make this work again?

Thanks!

I have seen many connection issues to MyUplink recently.
Can you please send me diagnostic report?

I just sent the diagnostic report. Please let me know if you need anything else!

I see the problem - there’s an error on the communication to MyUplink when querying for datapoints.
I need to check why.
Give me a few days, I will check what’s going on.

1 Like

Thanks, I have all I need for now.

Jan, based on the logs that you have sent, you are using a legacy-device. This means that you added your device in the app a very long time ago (you were probably one of my first users).

Since then, I have made many changes to the device implementation, but you are still working with the legacy device which is an older implementation.

You will therefore have no choice but to remove the device from the app and add it again. This will replace your legacy device with the new implementation.

Please notice that this action will break all the flows you have that are using the Nibe device, so you will have to go over them and fix them after this operation.

In addition, you will need to re-configure your device, so write down your configuration before you do this operation (datapoint names, etc).

I know this is a great hassle, but I do not see any choice in your case.

I apologize for that inconvenience.

Please let me know if removing and re-adding the device solved your problem.

Hi Gal, thanks for the clear explanation. I was indeed one of the first users so I understand that I need to make the move to the new version.

I’ll do it over the weekend and let you know if everything is working again!

1 Like

Hi @Gal_Carmeli , I added a new device. Installation went well but after installation finished, I get the following error message:

Any idea how I can fix this?

Interesting, I have just seen the exact same error on someone else’s device.
I am preparing a fix, will be ready soon.

Well,

It seems that MyUplink have a bug on their side in which they added some special characters at the end of each datapoint name:

You are the second person who reports this issue, and I assume there are more.

On any case, I have made a fix to the app to be resilient to these kinds of characters.

The fix is currently implemented on the test link: https://homey.app/a/com.galcar.nibe/test/

Please install the app from this test-link (no need to uninstall the current version, it will just be upgraded).

After the installation, you should have version 2.0.19 installed.

Please let me know if version 2.0.19 fixes the issue. If so, I will move it to the public link so you will be able to move back to it.

Thank you for reporting this!

Hi Gal, thanks for the quick fix! With version 2.0.19, the error message has gone and I can configure the datapoints:

But the app does not retrieve data for most of the datapoints, only for a few:

Did I do something wrong in adding the datapoint names or is it something else?

Did you set the names of the interesting data points manually? Or are these the default settings you got?

If manually - can it be that you had a small typos on the names? For example, from the picture it seems that there’s a whitespace before the name of BT10 (I am not sure, its hard to tell).

I copied the names from the examples in the app. I’ll try again to see what happens.