[APP][Pro] MELCloud & MELCloud Extension - Take control of your heat pump

Hi @Heszi,

Thank you very much for your feedback :slight_smile:

Unfortunately it’s not possible as per Homey policy regarding integrations with device APIs.

Ah, ok thx, but technically is it possible?

It’s technically possible using the homey-api

1 Like

It seems like in the last update (v 29.0.0), the vertical air-flow option is broken?

Invalid capability (homey:app:com.mecloud:vertical) value type. Expected: string. Got: number

Hi @DavydeVries,

Thanks for raising it: I can reproduce.

I think the bug is even older because v29 shouldn’t have change this.

I’ll have a look tonight, and keep you updated.

Kind regards

2 Likes

@DavydeVries, @Cyril_Hendriks, if you make some tests, you’ll see that actually the flow works, but for some reason a method from Homey does not work as expected: it makes the job but raises an error.

I will create a workaround in the next release.

@DavydeVries, @Cyril_Hendriks: fixed in the next release, available as a test version here: MELCloud | Homey

Warning: cards does not need to be recreated, however some flow values may need to be updated.

2 Likes

Thank you @OlivierZal . Just one question, if I set the horizontal vane to ‘auto’ in my flows, it is ignored and remains in the previous state. Any other horizontal vane value gets updated properly, only the ‘auto’ setting not. For vertical vane, everything works perfect now :slight_smile:

Hi @Cyril_Hendriks,

Actually this behavior is not handled by my app but by MELCloud itself, on which my app relies: if you go to the official MELCloud app, you’ll also see an “auto” option for horizontal vanes – whatever unit model you have.

I guess that some unit models have this “auto” mode, but if they don’t have it, the MELCloud app fallbacks to the previous direction.

As far as I know, the vertical vanes of all the unit models support an “auto” mode.

I hope it answers your question :blush:

Kind regards

Stupid from me indeed, my unit doesn’t support an auto function… Thank you for the clarification!

Since yesterday, I cannot login the Melcloud app nor the webbrowser. The Homey Melcloud app still works. I get this message: We have detected excessive traffic from your account, your access to the service has been limited for a few hours.

I called Mitsubishi support and they say that Mitsubishi blocked products like Homey and Home Assistant. Does anyone face this issue as well?

Same for me.

Control from Homey app still works but the other services (like value sync from device, reports…) seem to be broken.

I will reduce the sync frequency but such an adjustment is complicated to test without any technical info.

Hi, this morning I have this message in the app;

I have tried to fix the app without luck.
3dfc0075-fe54-4d69-b75f-080ee5f08265

Hi @KWallin, I’ll investigate and keep you informed.

1 Like

Thanks!

Hi, I got the exact same message as @KWallin
/Dag

Hi @Dag_Gulbrandsrud

@KWallin’s issue is that its horizontal mode is “wide”, what the code does not take into account.
The fix is in progress: do you confirm you have “horizontal” in your error message? otherwise the issue is different and I will need a screenshot and/or diagnostic logs from your Homey.

Hi ! Yes - same message !

And your absolutely right - changing horizontal mode makes the app functional again. Looking forward to the fix ! Thank’s s lot