[APP][Pro] MELCloud & MELCloud Extension - Take control of your heat pump

Hei
thanks for one great app and well taken car of, i was wondering is it possible to get a card or somthing for reading temp from a external sensor and not be controlled from the internal on?? as it seems to uppdating rely slow not only in to homey but also to Melcloud app?
also is there a setting in this app or a card for enabling circulation mode? i dont seem to find it in any of the options?
brg
stig Hansen

Hi @stig_hansen,

Homey policy does not allow an app controlling physical devices to communicate with other apps.

I created a separate app where I make MELCloud able to communicate with an exterior temperature sensor: https://homey.app/fr-fr/app/com.mecloud.extension/MELCloud-Extension/ but I donā€™t aim to add new features than the only existing one for the moment.

Anyway I donā€™t think it would solve your issue: any card would communicate with MELCloud API, which may be the bottleneck for responsivityā€¦

Kind regards

@stig_hansen, what do you call ā€œcirculation modeā€?

Theoretically I implemented all the features available with the MELCloud official app / API, unfortunately the others are available only in the physical device or with the remote control.

hei ahhh i understand and thanks fro rely fast reply and explination :smile:

In the 21.1.0 release the app has stopped working. The flows has errors and for that reason the cooling temp was set to 5 degrees celsius. Can I go back to the previous version?

Hi @Logchem, should be fixed with 21.1.1. Can you please confirm? Sorry for the inconvenience :frowning:

Just tested everything and it looks like everything is working again in release 21.1.1 :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

You can read the current fan speed into a variable using Logic, but is it possible to set the fan speed from a variable?

I have a ā€Silence my fanā€ flow for watching TV, and would like to restore the fan speed after X hours to the speed that was current when I started the flow

Hi @clindh, I think that CountDown Appli pour Homey | Homey or Chronograph Appli pour Homey | Homey could do the job.

Thanks. I have the ā€œafter X hoursā€ working already though - the problem is that in the Set fan speed to-card you select the speed from a menu, I see no way to set it from a variable. Can it be done from HomeyScript somehow, or can maybe @OlivierZal can implement support for setting it from variable, as an option?

Hi @clindh, indeed I didnā€™t well understand your need yesterday.

It should be settable with the same value than the one you get, since each label is actually a ā€œnumber stringā€ value as follows:

"values": [
            {
              "id": "0",
              "title": {
                "en": "Automatic",
                "fr": "Automatique",
                "nl": "Automatisch",
                "sv": "Automatiskt",
                "no": "Automatisk",
                "da": "Automatisk",
                "es": "AutomƔtico"
              }
            },
            {
              "id": "1",
                "en": "Very slow",
                "fr": "TrĆØs lente",
                "nl": "Zeer langzaam",
                "sv": "Mycket lƄngsam",
                "no": "Veldig sakte",
                "da": "Meget langsom",
                "es": "Muy lento"
              }
            },
            {
              "id": "2",
                "en": "Slow",
                "fr": "Lente",
                "nl": "Langzaam",
                "sv": "LĆ„ngsam",
                "no": "Sakte",
                "da": "Langsom",
                "es": "Lento"
              }
            },
            {
              "id": "3",
                "en": "Medium",
                "fr": "Moyenne",
                "nl": "Medium",
                "sv": "Medium",
                "no": "Medium",
                "da": "Medium",
                "es": "Medio"
              }
            },
            {
              "id": "4",
                "en": "Fast",
                "fr": "Rapide",
                "nl": "Snel",
                "sv": "Snabb",
                "no": "Rask",
                "da": "Hurtig",
                "es": "RƔpido"
              }
            },
            {
              "id": "5",
                "en": "Very fast",
                "fr": "TrĆØs rapide",
                "nl": "Zeer snel",
                "sv": "Mycket snabb",
                "no": "Veldig rask",
                "da": "Meget hurtig",
                "es": "Muy rƔpido"
              }
            }
          ]
        }
      ]

So you maybe need HomeyScript to transform the number you initially get into a string, because fan_speed is a ā€œdimā€ capability which must return a number, although flows handle ids which must be strings.

Thanks, I see - so this is probably a question for the HomeyScript forum instead - how to call a card/action from HomeyScript passing in the parameters, instead of having it specified in the flow

Thank you for adding this app for MELCloud.

I have successfully installed and connected the App with my heating system. I tried visualising all the available metrics in Homey web app ā€œInsightsā€ tab, but the only one that shows anything is ā€œWifi signal strengthā€.

There seem to be no data values for ā€œCurrent fan speedā€, ā€œFan speedā€, ā€œTarget temperatureā€, or ā€œTemperatureā€.

I then tried creating a flow to read and report the temperature field, but it showed a red exclamation error triangle and said:
Invalid Token: homey:device:1af06477-39fb-4b23-8d17-c0a253f0ab5f|measure_temperature

Is there something I need to do to enable further access and control?

My Homey system is:
Model: Homey Pro (Early 2023)
Version: 10.0.8

My heating system has the following:
WIFI Interface - Mitsubishi MAC-567IF-E
Controller - Mitsubishi Ecodan FTC6 Standalone Controller: PAC-IF072B-E
Ecodan Model Number (Outside Unit): PUZ-HWM140VHA

Hi @Colin_Osborne, very strange, I will investigateā€¦ thanks for your feedback!

@Colin_Osborne,

On my side Iā€™ve monitored for 1 hour: I have data for all the capabilities and everything seems to work fine.

Some thoughts:

• insights are not data retrieved from MELCloud but registered by Homey ā€“ consequence: if your Homey is off, insights will be empty, and if you remove a device or a whole app, the insights wonā€™t be recovered after reinstalling

• some capabilities seem to be duplicated: some have data and others make the mobile app freeze and appear empty on the web app ā€“ insight display is not handled by the app but by Homey (the app just flags the capabilities which needs to appear under the insight tab), so itā€™s not under my control

• fan_power: 0 = automatic mode is set (even if the inside units are off)

• fan_power_state: can be 0 if the target_temperature is reached, in particular when the automatic mode is set

• temperature scales donā€™t start at 0 but at minimal temperature (i.e. 16 Ā°C for air-to-air heat pumps), so that they can look empty

Thanks for checking. Is there any diagnostic testing that I can do? Iā€™m puzzled that one data field seems to be available but not others.

As I type this I wonder about the fact that presumably Wi-Fi signal strength comes from the Wi-Fi adaptor itself, but the other fields should come from deeper into the Mitsubishi system?

All values come from the MELCloud API.
Do you have screenshots to share?

After a separate discussion ā€¦ Thank you Olivier for developing the MELCloud app, and thank you for your assistance with diagnosing my issues. It turned out that something was wrong with my initial app installation (no idea why), and it could see the WiFi signal strength parameter but nothing else. Anyway, having removed the device and the MELCloud Homey app, and then reinstalled ā€¦ now it seems to be working correctly. Thanks again.

1 Like

Since 12 a clock today (14 Nov 2023) MelCloud app stopp reading values and canā€™t set values. The MelCloud app from Mitsubishi can read and set values.

Have restarted Homey and restarted the Ecodan Air/Water heatpump but no success.
ā€™
Any other with the same problem?

EDIT:

After a couple of reboots it starts working again.
Problem solved.

Hi @Christer_Sjostrom, Iā€™m glad it works again.

I didnā€™t experience myself the issue.

The last time it happened (working on MELCloud / not working on Homey), it was the MELCloud certificate which has expired and needed to be renewed.

Kind regards