[App][Pro] HomeKitty šŸ˜ø (aka HomeyKit 3.0)

Thanks for your great service @robertklep
It was indeed a local problem and when I disconnected all hubs and using an old one itā€™s registering open and close.

Is it also possible to copy the Reverse contact alarm logic to HomeKit too?

I probably could, but only in a very rudimentary fashion (for instance, if you change the app setting it would not propagate to HomeKitty until you restart the HomeKitty app).

1 Like

Have you checked that this setting isnā€™t already supported automatically by HomeKitty? From what I understand, its handling is done entirely from inside the Xiaomi & Aqara app.

oh, I need to check that. Iā€™m not using the Aqara app. Need to install it.

Where was the screenshot from then?

Robert is talking about the Homey app for Aqara / Xiaomi devices:

I guess youā€™re actually using that already.

1 Like

Thought you meant the real Aqara app. But how can I check if this is automatically supported by Homekitty?

On Homey itā€™s called alarm ON or OFF. And a standard HomeKit sees alarm OFF as closed and alarm ON as open.

But when I reverse this in Homey (in Aqara app) to be alarm ON when closed HomeKit sees alarm ON still as open. But the door is actual closed. It listens to Alarm on or off even if you reverse this.

Thereā€™s a mismatch between Homey and HomeKit on this: Homey thinks in terms of ā€œis there an alarm situation?ā€, HomeKit thinks in terms of ā€œis there contact detected?ā€ (and set an alarm state only as a result of the outcome of that question).

The ā€œreverseā€ setting changes the way Homey raises an alarm. Normally, when thereā€™s contact made (door/window closed), thereā€™s no alarm. With the reverse setting, when thereā€™s no contact made thereā€™s no alarm.

HomeKitty can only translate the Homey alarm state to the equivalent HomeKit state, so when Homey raises an alarm (either when contact is broken in normal cases, or when contact is made in reversed cases), HomeKitty will set the value to ā€œno contact detectedā€ because thatā€™s the alarm state that HomeKit uses.

In other words, with the reverse setting, HomeKit will (or should) show the opposite of the actual situation: door closed is ā€œno contact detectedā€, and other other way around.

I canā€™t change that.

I see, too bad. But thanks anyway.

Just to clear things up why Iā€™m using the revers situation on the door sensors.

I use the reverse option because when the doors are open what is normal for a bathroom door (or even the kids rooms). The zone goes in active mode in Homey, so the zone is always active and stays active when the door is open. But in a bathroom the zone is active when the doors are closed and not when its open. Taking a shower or using the toilet.

So with a flow I donā€™t want to set things up when the zone is inactive as it should be active, I reverse the door sensor. But then in Homekit it shows the door is open but itā€™s actually closed. :disappointed_relieved:

Inverting the sensor so that the zone is active when the door is closed is clever. :+1:t3:
But why do you really want the sensor in Apple Home (HomeKit)? Do you want to use it to control a HomeKit device that is not supported by Homey? What is the exact background? Just out of interest.

I created most automation in Homekit and Iā€™m slowly switching my automations over to Homey. I have a Homekit environment (all Apple devices) Apple TV and 4 HomePods thatā€™s acting as my main hubs. I bought the Homey just to fill in the gaps for devices that Homekit doesnā€™t support like the Aqara sensors etc (thank god for Homekitty :heart_eyes:). But like I said thatā€™s going to change in the next view months when switching over to Advanced Flows in Homey.

So guess the door sensor automation needs my main priority now, those automations moved up to be first. :sweat_smile:

But still I mostly check the Home app how the status is in my house, looking at the bathroom I see the closed door symbol when it actually is open is still a thingā€¦ :roll_eyes:

1 Like

You can always create a virtual device that reflects the status that you want, and publish that to HomeKit instead of the sensor device.

1 Like

Thanks. I never looked into the Virtual Devices yet so definitely going to check those out.

Just some feedback that doesnā€™t involve any problems. I transferred across from the previous app to HomeKitty without any issues. Everything just seems to work. Thanks heaps for your work.

1 Like

HomeKit update 16.2 / architecture update (incl. Matter)

Did any of you get problems with HomeKitty/Homey after the architecture update?
So far I have only done the HomeKit 16.2 update without the architecture update, which has not caused any problems.
Just wanted to ask.

1 Like

Yeah +1, thats my question too. :slight_smile:

No, been running HomeKitty with the new HomeKit architecture without any issues so far.

1 Like

Great work on the new app! Hope that in the future it will also support window coverings again :relaxed:.

I updated also the HomeKit architecture and it seems to work everything without any problems.

1 Like