[App][Pro] HomeKitty 😸 (aka HomeyKit 3.0)

Hi,

[EDIT] Problem solved after several resets of HomeyKitty [EDIT]

I get the following error when i try to add HomeyKitty to Homekit.

When i create a fresh new house i get it aswel.

Running ios 16.4 with updated Homekit intergration, Homey early 2018

Anyone has an idea what to do? tried to reboot Homey and Phone.

[EDIT] Problem solved after several resets of HomeyKitty [EDIT]

Hello, I am looking for a possibility to integrate a Homekit device (thermostat) that have no app in the Homey App Store. I don’t think this is possible with Homekitty right now, but are there plans for this? If anyone has a suggestion to realize this, I’d love to hear it :slightly_smiling_face:
So I’m looking for a way the other way around!

1 Like

No, sorry.

@robertklep, Any way you could integrate homekit’s geolocation in the app (ie read home/away per user) and use it as “when” trigger?

I guess it’ll be tough as right now it’s more of a “push” model rather than pull data from Homekit but it’d be a great feature

Here is one way to do it:

Thanks, that is how I have it now but if there’s a way to just use the geofence triggers directly it saves the extra steps

1 Like

Geofencing is something that happens on the phone itself, HomeKitty is unaware of your location. So you’ll need an automation. Instead of a virtual device you can also use HomeKitty’s “Flow Starter” device.

1 Like

Thanks Robert, appreciate your response.

I was afraid it would be impossible to directly act on these triggers.

Tried the flow starter device and it’s nice but a button (needs to be a switch for it to work properly). Maybe add the possibility to either create a button or switch? Although in the end it won’t really change the mechanics needed, except for potentially removing the need for the Virtual Device app… if you don’t use the more complex devices such as curtains (sliders etc)

Ah yes, a switch makes more sense.

The Flow Starter device has a specific reason for existing (just using a regular virtual button causes problems with flows triggering multiple times) but for a switch a virtual device is just as easy to use. I don’t have plans to add a virtual switch to HomeKitty in the foreseeable future.

1 Like

Hi!

Some time ago, I described an issue I experienced with the Homeykit after a Homey update. My Aqara and Shelly devices were removed from the Apple’s Home app. It looked as if they were deselected on the Homeykit device’s list.
Just after, I moved to HomeKitty. Everything works really well but I just realised that all of my Shelly 2.5 devices disappeared from Apple’s Home app again (as if I deselected them even though I didn’t and they were not deselected). I can see that the Shelly Homey app was recently updated. Could there be a link between those 2 events? It was enough for me to deselect those specific devices in the HomeKitty app and select them again so not a big issue.

There could be, although it’s strange that a device doesn’t show up on iOS but is still selected as being added in the list of devices. Without more information (like a diagnostics report) I don’t know how this can happen.

Is this a generally better solution for HomeKit and homey cooperation than Athom’s own HomeKit experiment?

Certainly!
Not only in functionality but also in support when you have questions or remarks.

1 Like

@robertklep after the latest rc, in wich some networking is changed from athom’s side, homekitty can’t connect to homekit anymore. If you need a diagnostic report or something let me know😉

Already posted v2.1.0 (current test version) which should solve the issue.

You’re the best👍🏻 everything works again.

1 Like

When Homey reboots Homekitty always set the Qubino switch in a default room. And can’t switch the device to another room in HomeKit. I have to restart homekitty, publish and unpublish the device in Homekitty.

This happens when HomeKit (iOS) thinks the device is new. If it just happens with Qubino devices, I’m inclined to think that this is due to something in the Qubino app.

Yes only with Qubino. All others are fine. I can’t even move the device to other rooms without toggling some settings. Like restarting Homekitty multiple times or publish and unpublish the Qubino device.