[APP][Pro] Home Assistant - Community App

Well, i forgot to say that its the homey cloud. Maybe that is the reason. Other devices do work

@Vnet
Well, for Homey cloud you can only use the Athom app.
This thread/app is for the community app you can only use on HomeyPro.

also weird , yours works way better. but nice they allow yours at least

:expressionless:

I shouldā€™ve asked first :laughing:

Sorry, BUT, i have a homey 2016 as well (just fixed the board), so there it probably will work .

Thanks anyway

1 Like

Yep, should work there. Just try and ask again if you get issues :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Lol, i just tested it on my good ol homey pro with first my script (fail due to indent), then copy paste peter-kawa script, and it immediately worked (community app of course).
Case closed.

2 Likes

Hi. I have two Melissa Climate devices. They both work fine i Homey, but I would like to add power capabilities to the Homey climate devices from smartplugs (allways on). Is there an easy way to do this as a compound device, or would it be an idea to make an option for this for the climate devices just as for the switch devices?

Compound would work. But easiest way would be to add the power settings for climates, too. Iā€™ll check it later.

New test version 1.2.6

• Power entity settings added to climate and fan devices

@JOR1 Could you please try the test version if you can add your power entity to your climate device in device settings? Thanks.

1 Like

Hi!

Is there a way to get better handling of buttons? I have a few Hue Wall Switches and Hue Wall Switch Modules. But, they only have a ā€˜batteryā€™ entity, no separate entities for each button.

What I do know when I want to use them in my Homey flows is create a ā€˜Helperā€™ button or switch for them. In a HA automation I hit the virtual button when one of the ā€˜realā€™ buttons on one of the Hue devices is pressed.

It would be great if Homey somehow knew one of the buttons on the devices is pressed without needing HA helpers and automations.

Thank you!

Hi Jannick,

HA has no device/entity for buttons. HA only uses events that get fired on a button press.
So you wonā€™t get a device representation in Homey, but you can react on the events via flow.
Check out this example for a HueTap. You can use this similar for a HueButton/HueDim.

Just add the flow card with empty fields als log the provides tags into the timeline. Then check the timeline what event_type, data, button id is used by HA. This data you can add to the flow card to react only on a specific button.

HowTo:

ā€¦and the following post

Example:

Thank you for the fast response, great! I did not know and will try this in my flows :slight_smile:

I managed to integrate the method in my flows, butā€¦ Somehow my Homey Pro 2023 disabled a lot of flows where I used this exact method you send @RonnyW becuase of it being triggerd too many times. This hasnā€™t happend since I have the Homey, but only after I added the Home Asssitant events as triggers.

The triggers look like this:
SCR-20230323-m5i

And my Homey gave the messages:

All flows got turned off at the same time by Homey.

Thank you!

What app version have you installed? Latest version?

There was an issue in the past on reconnect to HA, that event listener havenā€™t been removed due to a too long processing time in HA.

Pease update to current live version (if itā€™s not already updated).
If you have latest version. then restart the app.

After that, the flow should only be triggered once on a button press.

In addition you can check in HAs developer tools how often the event is triggered.

I was running v1.2.5 but updated to the ā€˜testā€™ version v1.2.6 just now.

In the developer log of HA I can see the hue_event is only triggered when I hit a button.

But what I did had to do was restart HA around that time. Maybe this happend when I restarted HA to update some HACS stuff.

Thatā€™s strange. While HA restart, only the entity list should be updated.
If I remember right, HA is buffering events. Perhaps thatā€™s the case and itā€™s sending all buffered events after the restart. Iā€™m nut sure if I can prevent this. Perhaps I can ignore ā€˜oldā€™ events, but then other events will be missed (if you are waiting for timer events or something like that).

Managed to trigger this when:

• Restart Home Assistant
  • Turn on/off a bulb 3 times using Hue Wall Switch Module. The event the module triggers is used to turn off/on the bulb. Like in my previous screenshots.
  • Restart Home Assistant

Right when I started restarting for the second time I got like 3/4 notifications per advanced flow from Homey about the flow being turned off because it was triggered too many times. See screenshot:

I canā€™t reproduce this issue with a HueTap. Every button press in reported once also after/while some HA restarts. Perhaps thatā€™s an issue of the HA integration? Du you have other Hue buttons (dim button) to test with?

If HA is sending so many events, the Homey app canā€™t do anything.
I can see there is a timestamp inside the event (when it was fired). But the paa doesnā€™t know if you pressed the button 5x/sec or if that are duplicated HA events.

Can you double check with a HA automation that sends you push messages? Just to be sure itā€™s caused by HA?

I made a HA automation that sends me a message when a hue_event happens. This sends me nicely 2 messages when I hit the Hue Wall Switch Module:

• Initial press
  • Short release

I did this a few times and then restarted Home Assistant. As soon as Home Assistant was running again and some of the integrations loaded my flows were all disabled by the Homey.

I did not get any notifications from my HA automation at the moment Homey disabled the flows.