[APP][Pro] Go-e Charger electric car charger

Hi

If the zeversolar or other solar app gives the solar power as a measument (W) (and usually they do) it’s possible to make triggers yourself with time based triggers, for example:

When
Every minute

And
Solarpower is higher/lower than xxx

Then
Set charging power to yyy.

Not very elegant approach, but works.

If I would use solar power I would measure the household inlet like Tim suggested and when the inlet power goes to production side the car charging is started or increased and other way around.

As Tim said there is some delay with the control of the Go-e charger, but not much. Personally I have flows that make kind of software electrical “protection” so that the household inlet is not overloaded or the supply cable is not overloaded. One cannot still rely on these software “protections” and the circuits must be protected with fuses, MCB’s and/or RCD’s.

I would say that you can do the control that you wanted with Homey and Go-e charger. Have to say that there are some learning to do if you dive into Homey and have no experience on home automation, but you can do it :smiley:

Also bear in mind that like Tim said the amperage steps are 0A, 6A, 7A, 8A up to 32A. (Don’t go so high, your cabling propably cannot handle it) Same steps for one phase power are 0W, 1380W, 1610W, 1840W… up to 7360W. Same steps for three phase power are 0W, 4140W, 4830W, 5529W… up to 22080W.

Thanks, that’s abolutely right. I hadn’t even considered the timed (every minute) flow option.

I have one more thing to add: if you’re looking for 100% reliability, maybe you should go with the KEBA option (I don’t know KEBA, so I’m guessing). If you like to automate your home and look at it like a hobby, than Homey is a very versatile option.

I’m very happy with the Go-E charger as well. (I do have to mention that mine was filled with water recently. Fortunately I got a replacement one from go-e. The reason may be the cable connection to my house. Just to be sure I made a small shelter/roof above the charger to prevent the most of the rain hitting the Charger.)
The native go-e app works very well and I also took the charger with me on holiday. You can use it as the granny charger, or to charge faster if a 16 or 32A wall plug is available so I do recommend the go-e charger.

Tank you @Tim_Willemsen and @peltsi51 for your answers.
I am now convinced that the system Athom can work as you describe and I can easily save more than half of money compared to a Keba and Smartfox.
Moreover, I’ve been wanting to install a home automation box in my home for a long time, now I’d have a good excuse to have it :wink:

1 Like

Im looking in to the go-e charger but I’m not decided if I should get a fixed charging station due to parking issues. Is it possible to just add a CEE plug later on to the homefix if neccesary?

You have to ask the manufacturer about that.

Hi @Tim_Willemsen

Have you checked if the go-e app is compatible with sdk3 and Homey version 5.x.x?

Good question. I haven’t yet. Will try to soon.

1 Like

Hi @Tim_Willemsen

Any news on testing/checking the sdk3 compatibility?

I’m having some issues with the charger, or - in fact- the connection in my home fuse box. I may not have connected the switch between the fuses and the CEE connector correctly, which (almost) resulted in a fire a week ago in my home. The wire sleeve for the one wire which wasn’t connected correcly melted. I have to get a electrical engineer to my house to fix this issue. The Charger isn’t connected anymore right now.

As far as i know now though, I don’t have to update the app to SDK3 for homey 5.0 as the app is SDK2 compatible and so is homey 5.0.

Another thing holding me back is that I’d have to enable experimental updates on my Homey to check for compatibility. This is the one homey I use in my house every day. So I have to wait for the most basic apps to work with v5 before doing this update.
Recently I found out that this now is the case. So when I have the time soon I will do the update and check, right after the electrics engineer was here.

Best regards,

Tim

1 Like

Homey firmware is still experimental

Hi! Got my Go-e and connected it with the app :slightly_smiling_face:. Now trying to figure out some safeguards to avoid burning main fuses on the house. I have Youless giving live data for the total power consumption. Max power consumption for the house is 17 kW. Water boiler is using 9kW, rougly once in 3 hours for 30 minutes. To be safe, would set the max amperage to 10 to cover for water boiler. There is still one problem - when both water boiler and sauna are on, consumption is near max 17kW. The scenario is then this: Wife has set sauna on, i come home and not knowing that sauna is on, connect the charger. How could i prevent charging to start if consumption is already above certain treshold? There are Then-cards for allow and stop charging and set amperage . Allow did not have invert- option. Did i understand stop charging -card correctly - it is not same thing as disallow charging?

Best Regards Jan

I have made my charging start based on the “charging allowed” condition and “enough inlet capacity” condition.

The charging allowed condition is set on and off based on the eletricity price.

The enough inlet capacity condition is made by calculating how much power is available in the household electrical inlet. I have one phase charging only so I’m only checking the certain phase, but you can make this by checking all the phases.

Also I’m checking the household one phase inlet power every time that the power measurement of the household inlet changes. If the measured power is above the 17/3=5,67kW then the car charging power is set to lower value, and if the value is allready minimum the car charging is stopped and started again after 20min.

So in your case I would use the car connected and car unplugged triggers for changing the charging allowed condition.

So number of flows

1. When the plug is disconnected set the charging into not allowed mode
  2. When the plug is connected set the charging to allowed, if the household inlet power is lower than wanted.
  3. When household inlet power changes with condition: the car is plugged and the household inlet power is lower than wanted and specified timer (see flow 4) is not running then allow charging.
  4. When household inlet power changes with condition: the car is charging and the household inlet power is higher than wanted then stop charging and start specified timer for xxx minutes.

Little bit work and you might find some other solutions, but you get the one idea from above.

Thanks @peltsi51 for the tips! I`m struggling to find the way to do the nr 1 e.g disallowing charging. What card do you use to actually turn it off?

Jan

Found one way to do it with group app… new group with turn on capability having just the Go-e. Thats then possible to turn off.

Jan

No need to use the group app. The disallowing the charging is actually named “stop charging”. It will stop the charging if charging is ongoing and will disallow the charging as long as the charging is allowed again. See the example

1 Like

@Tim_Willemsen
Hello, i have 2 Go-e Charger homefix. I want add them to homey, but after the ip test, i only can cancel, Not add the Charger.

Has anyone the Go-eCharger Homefix and has it working with the homey App?

The Go-e charger Home + and Homefix is basically the same device, but the Home+ is not fixed installation.

I have the Home+ and connected that to the Homey.

I can add my device normally. The save button is on the bottom

Update. The Save Button is only missing in ios. I tried it with an android phone today, there was the save Button and i was able to add them now.

1 Like

Hi everybody!

I wrote this on another topic, maybe it can help: