[APP][Pro] Flow Utilities

Ah yes, you need to set the same tag for both flows indeed. Now there where set to a fixed number to have a valid flow.
When the first card is triggered this will store the data in the app to be used in the end card.
Nice that it works for you!

And many thanks for the beer! :beers:

2 Likes

New app update (live: 1.1.5)

• Add confirmation popup for removing variables
  • FIX removal of variables
2 Likes

New app update (test: 1.2.0)

• NEW: Trigger flowcards (all variables OR a single variable) :
    ā€“ When Duration calculated
    ā€“ When Comparison was made
  • FIX: Tokens set to null when variable was added
  • FIX: Locale improvements
2 Likes

New app update (test: 1.2.1)

• FIX: comparison when value is 0
1 Like

Moet dat ā€œna vergelijkingenā€ zijn, of ā€œnaar vergelijkingenā€?

en, hoe ziet een uitkomst eruit na een hele nacht geslapen te hebben? dus in uren, minuten en sec?
Het lijkt namelijk gebaseerd op mijn eerder gepubliceerde homeyscript. Niet erg natuurlijk maar juist mooi om te zien dat het kan inspireren :slight_smile:

Ik denk dat ik nog wel veel meer ideeƫn heb wat je met deze app dan zou kunnen doen.
Je zou namelijk ook in kunnen bouwen een meting tussen 2 sensoren en daarmee te bepalen of je naar boven gaat of naar beneden, of thuis komen, of weggaan, etc.

If you could please keep the conversation in English as much as possible, then more people will be able to participate and help you.
Pls edit and translate your post

If you would rather not or canā€™t communicate in English then please check out Non-English boards/catregories:
https://community.homey.app/c/non-english

Or here:
Nederlands (Dutch),
Dansk (Danish),
Deutsch (German),
Svenska (Swedish) ,
FranƧais (French),
Polskie (Polish),
Fiński (Finnish)

2 Likes

Hi Edgar,

Good to hear that you are using the app and are as enthusiastic as we are about it.
Iā€™m unaware of the HomeyScripts you referring to.
The idea for this app is based on our self created scripts to calculate duration and price for the washing machine & dryer and pricing for solar panels. Next to that we added some basic calculations since that was not easily available yet (as far as i have seen). :slight_smile:

Moet dat ā€œna vergelijkingenā€ zijn, of ā€œnaar vergelijkingenā€?

Iā€™m unsure what you mean with this, can you elaborate more on this? so I can give you a good answer :slight_smile:

For you question about sleeping time
the seconds is only used when the difference in timestamp is less then 1 minute. So for sleeping it will show hours and minutes.
Also good to know is that we donā€™t set any timer/counter for performance purposes of your homey :wink: . So we set a date/time stamp at the beginning and at the end to compare those and get the final result.

Ik denk dat ik nog wel veel meer ideeƫn heb wat je met deze app dan zou kunnen doen.
Je zou namelijk ook in kunnen bouwen een meting tussen 2 sensoren en daarmee te bepalen of je naar boven gaat of naar beneden, of thuis komen, of weggaan, etc.

Iā€™m not sure yet how to put this into flow cards but I will take a look at it.

1 Like

New app update (test: 1.2.2)

• Updated German translation thanks to @DirkG
2 Likes

New app update (test: 1.2.3)

• Added support for singular or plurar text in duration result
  • Bugfix for duration result when minutes are 0
2 Likes

New app update (live: 1.2.3)

• NEW: Trigger flowcards (all variables OR a single variable) :
    When Duration calculated
    When Comparison was made
  • FIX: Tokens set to null when variable was added
  • FIX: Locale improvements
  • FIX: comparison when value is 0
  • Updated German translation thanks to @DirkG
  • Added support for singular or plural text in duration result
  • FIX: for duration result when minutes are 0
1 Like

New app update (live: 1.2.4)

• FIX Translation corrections
1 Like

This script :wink:

Thnx :slight_smile:

I donā€™t see how we can make some sort of comparison card for this. If I understand you correctly you donā€™t have to have special comparison, but can this be done easily with setting logic variables.
So when motions sensors triggers it sets a variable to true. When the second sensor is triggered and the variable is true then you go from the one to the other. Otherwise itā€™s the different way around.

See this examples:

Or do you have a different idea?

2 Likes

Apparently you are also using the hue motion sensorsā€¦ here they are extremely slow, since day 1 i have bought the homey. And it is never solved sadly. And they are to expensive to replace them :frowning: double sadlyā€¦ how is that at yours?
And that is exactly the reason why i am looking for other solutions. However, i do understand what u mean.

I cannot tell if you use Hue with or without the bridge: I use Hue without the bridge and my Hue outdoor motion sensors are extremely fast / instantaneous. However, if you are using the Philips Hue bridge then there is no active signalling from the bridge to Homey. The app relies on polling, so you will not see the motion untill the poll occurs and the state is retrieved. This has nothing to do with the sensor but rather how the bridge connection works.
If the Hue motion sensor is near Homey, you could consider linking it to Homey directly. It will not be in the same mesh as all your other stuff, but it will be fast.

2 Likes

Soā€¦ al those issues are solved then? I do use with bridge coz the Zigbee was terrible in Homey. I know they updated the Zigbee engine million times, but that was for a reasonā€¦ i could try again off course.

And thnx for explainingā€¦ never read that before. I will try!!

I wouldnā€™t say all issues with zigbee are resolved, but since I did a full zigbee reset on firmware 5.x I run a pretty stable mesh with about 50 nodes. So thereā€™s definitely improvement. But I would not advise moving everything if the only issue you have is the motion sensor. I would just move that if you can.

Oke okeā€¦well i am halfway with only the sensorsā€¦ i leave the rest as it is and it is working great.
But I already miss one feature: disable motion sensor.
However, i have solved that by disabling the flow nowā€¦ but by disabling the sensor i would save some batteries. Maybe i should ask for this feature :slight_smile:

I use also more then 50 ZigBee devices directly connected to Homey. It has itā€™s quirks sometimes. But is working for 95% of the time perfect.
To zoom in on the motion sensor I have Multiple Aqara (my favorite choice), Ikea and Philips. From those 3 I find the Ikea the least good, But all of them have great connection.

To come back on your request on solving your connection issue: This is more an ZigBee network issue and is something that isnā€™t really gonna solve via flows or apps. Since we are dependent on the trigger of the sensor to activate or use data in flows and that is where your issue really is, that this is done slowly.

ā€”ā€”ā€”

Not be a deal breaker, bit this topic is related to the app Flow Utilities, Maybe best to continue this discussion on the ZigBee related topics. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Disabling the motion sensor itself to save battery is something that needs hardware support as well.

Also when itā€™s offline, you need to manually (physically) need to enable it again. Homey canā€™t do this since een motion sensor is een end device so trigger needs to come from the device itself and for homey the device is offline so youā€™ll get an error.

I understand you point of view, but unfortunately this is much more difficult than only disable and enable agin.