[APP][Pro] Flow Utilities

To what r u referring to? I don’t understand.

But i have done now all my sensors and omg what is this working great! Too bad i know this so late… anyhow… now i can enjoy this as it is totally new :slight_smile:

Good to hear that your issue is resolved now!

1 Like

New app update (test: 1.3.1)

With this update it’s possible to group devices in a zone and trigger that zone. Also when a parent zone becomes active you can enable the child zone.
So with this change there’s no need for extra virtual or grouped devices.

• NEW: Trigger flowcards:
    – When devices in Zone turned on
    – When devices in Zone turned off

• NEW: Action flowcards:
    – Turn (specific) devices in Zone on
    – Turn (specific) devices in Zone off
    – Toggle (all) devices in Zone on or off
    – Set Color of (all) devices in Zone
    – Set Percentage of (all) devices in Zone (Dim, Color temperature, Window coverings, Volume)

---

Example: When office turned off also turn off the ceiling light which consists of 3 separate lights.

3 Likes

New app update (test: 1.3.3 )

• Added German translation to new zone flow cards Thanks to @DirkG
2 Likes

Hi @RobbertV using your app for reporting the used electricity in my house and I think it’s great!

I was wondering: every day I reset the homey (with a flow) but does that also reset the used variables from the app? E.g. the variable kwhMeter?

Why? That shouldn’t be necessary. You can restart individual apps if needed. My Homey only restarts after an update or power outage.

1 Like

Good question, since I also only restart my homey for updates I did test this for you.
Unfortunately when rebooting the homey al settings are reset, so exciting data is gone.
I think I will have a resolution to resolve this issue, I will have a look at it to see how we can restore data after app restart.

After thinking about this little more I realized that begin value for comparison or duration is stored in the app settings and will be restored after app reboot. So using the end cards and calculate duration time or comparison should work.

1 Like

Ah, I couldn’t see in the app settings the values being stored. I only see those variables.

Come to think of it: I should have been testing this myself… That was not so hard to do…

Well, sorry for that.:pensive:

Thanks for your reply!

Oh and @Peter_Kawa I had the need for resetting daily, because the Homey slowed down, became sluggish at the time.

1 Like

This is true, With this I mean internal app settings, where we store the begin state for comparisons.

But this is a good point you are raising and I hope I have a solution quickly available.
To be precise again; this only counts for the variable values. So begin comparison/duration is still stored. So lets say you start a duration going to bed. In the night homey restarts then in the morning you do the end state and calculate sleeping time, this still works.

2 Likes

New app update (test: 1.3.4 )

• FIX some minor changes for the new zone functionality
  • FIX app not starting on homey restart
  • NEW Contain variable data on app restart (FYI: @TomBoz )
  • FIX extra spaces in duration result

I’m honored! :pray: And upgraded.

But… How to use/see those variables? I’m somewhat lost.

Oh, I get it! Thanks!

Nice and if you encounter any issues please let us know!

So what we added now, is that values set by the Then cards in the global app variables. Will be restored when the app or homey is restarted. So setting back the state where it was before the restart.
Currently on the live version of the app this was always set to an empty state.

I hope it’s clear now for you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Exactly what I was asking for! Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @RobbertV, after a Homey restart (not PTP!) the app isn’t started automatically. Because I rarely restart Homey, I can’t tell if it’s just a one-time issue.
Do you want a diagnostic report?

I got one report during development phase. Are you running the latest test version 1.3.4?

If you can send a report please :slight_smile: I will have a look how to reproduce and fix :slight_smile:

I’m running test version v1.3.3.
Diagnostic report no.: df890fe2-ffb1-478b-a8c1-cdc428b8f428

Thanks, for the report. This issue should be resolved in 1.3.4.

Please let me know if this fixes the issue!

1 Like

Installed v1.3.4 and will have a look on it.

Thx Robbert

2 Likes

New app update (test: 1.3.5 )

• Removal of On/Off/Toggle cards for zones; by request of Athom.

So I got some questions about the last test update. Here some more explanation about this:

We had to remove the action cards for turning on/off or toggle devices since this is already a functionality of homey by default.

The trigger cards and action cards for setting color temperature or dim lights in a zone is still in the new update and is now for review at Athom.

2 Likes