[APP][Pro] FACE++ Face Recognition for Homey

Hi @Terry_Thorpe

See my previous posts about that. [APP][Pro] FACE++ Face Recognition for Homey - #140 by Gruijter

@Gruijter

My Face++ app keeps crashing(or pausing) when being used.

This is a Homey Pro

I made a diagnostics report:
4c18eb75-632b-437e-a32f-7b48fb46b58f

This was not an issue at first during testing, but after i mounted the camera outside.

There is absolutely no information in the crash report:

A user has submitted a diagnostics report for com.gruijter.facepp (v1.2.2).

You can reply to this e-mail to get in touch with the user. Note that the user will be able to see your e-mail address.
Note: this log has been manually submitted by a user.
Log ID: 4c18eb75-632b-437e-a32f-7b48fb46b58f

User Message:
App keeps crashing when being used

---- stdout ----

---- stderr ----

But anyhow, I want to upgrade the Face++ app to SDK3 somewhere in the next few months. So when I have a lot of spare time I will rewrite the entire app. That means I will not do any maintenance on the code now.

1 Like

@Gruijter Do you think the upgrade will fix the issue?

I dont think so. Nothing changed in the app, so your issue must be something else. My guess would be account related. Try setting up a new account with face++.

Hi, App is working fine during the day but not during the night (nightvision).
Would you suggest to lower the Confidence Threshold (for the moment on 70) or upload higher quality pictures or any other suggestions?
Was also wondering if uploading more multiple pictures of the same persons will increase the succes rate?
Thx for the feedback!

Definitely! (Assuming you are not sending the same image multiple times)

Do you mean it’s worth to upload more pictures of the same person ? With the same Label ?

Not what I meant. I meant sending more live snapshots to evaluate for recognition :grimacing:

But you need clear images to start with. If the image is unclear in the night you need more light or a better camera.

1 Like

Yep, understood, I was just wondering :wink: Unfortunately some devices send only one snapshot, so it can’t be improved much in such case.

This was indeed also my question

What about the nightvision snapshots? Any idea how to improve the succes rate?

If by nightvision you mean IR assisted lighting, it might be worth trying to add the same face in the database, but then with IR lighting on. I don’t know how well the AI can handle IR images though. Just try and let us know :wink:

1 Like

I will try to upload an IR image. If I understand you well if I use the same label for the new picture it will override the current ‘daylight’ picture?
I will keep you informed !

dont think so, not sure. But just make a second label. So for Homey it will be 2 seperate persons.

1 Like

Hi, as promised: IR image is not working. I was not able to upload a picture which was accurate enough to be recognized.
It’s a pitty because I wanted to use it as an extra option to allow entrance (geofencing is taken to long).

1 Like

I’m happy to announce I have completely rewritten the app to SDK3. This means it is now supported by Homey 2023 and beyond :partying_face:

• Rewrite to SDK3.
  • jimp@0.16.2

Could some of you test the new version and give me feedback? If all is good (well, at least not worse than the present stable version) then I will release the new version as stable. Face++ | Homey

Hi @Gruijter , I don’t have good news…it works like before :wink: Great job on migrating it to SDK3 and thank you !

Only observation after such a short time, seems it’s little bit more memory hungry during image recognition it went to 27MB, then dropped to 25MB, while previous max. seems to be about 25MB - so 2MB difference, I guess no big deal.

1 Like

I released v2.0.1 as stable just now.

• Rewrite to SDK3.
  • jimp@0.16.2.
  • Fixed Homey2023 compatibility.
3 Likes

Hi @Gruijter ,

seems that version v2.0.1 have some problems on HP2023 - are you aware of this please or it’s my configuration issue ? Happens just after migration…several restarts attempted, still the same though…

Thank you.

5ebf47ca-a851-4ed1-8ff2-ec8f08d787f7

update seems my HP2023 is simply not running OK - it’s overloaded, that’s why this error possibly appeared, I guess don’t bother with that now until really Athom fixes HP2023 SW first.