[APP][Pro] Eufy Security

New app update (test: 2.9.1):

Changes:

• FIX: HLS stream card. (Compatible with Chromecast)

TIP: Use Chromecast Cast Website instead of Video
(Also 1 sec delay is needed.)

CC: @Chris_nl @RobinS @Davied

3 Likes

Works for me on a Google hub :+1:

Also might be good to end the cast after x minutes, since the eufy stream stops after a few minutes, that way you don’t see the error page when the stream has ended. Just add an extra flowcard “Stop casting after x minutes”

2 Likes

Yes! Good job Martijn!

1 Like

Oh thats a good one. With this new implementation that happens yeah. The stream takes 5 minutes, so wil put a delay on it :slight_smile:

Heyo,
Checking your posts and google, i could not find how you get the http://p2p-vir-8.eufylife.com/hls url ?
Is it somewhere in the eufy app or ?

Hey @mattrix ,
See the flow i shared

The stream card returns a URL in the stream URL token

1 Like

New app update (live: 2.9.5):

Changes:

• ADD: 5 minute timeout on stream card
  • FIX: error on server port
  • FIX port binding for internal stream server

1 Like

Mmm almost there for me
 I get a black screen with a play button on my Nest Hub. When I press it it works but it doesnt play automatically.

@TammeMagal Will have a look :slight_smile:

1 Like

Don’t even need to, there is a chromecast app card, stop casting, so that works perfectly as well

Ah it’s already in the update, you’re just way too fast :slight_smile:
Let me test it, without the cromecast card ofcourse :stuck_out_tongue:

UPDATE: 5 minute timeout on stream card, the stream stops, but it already did that before as well only with a different error, it now shows , “A network error caused the media download to fail part way”.

Personally i would just use the stream stop card from the chromecase homey app, just set it to 4 or 5 minutes, works fine :+1: (and saves @martijnpoppen some work)

1 Like

New app update (test: 2.9.6):

Changes:

• FIX: streamserver port in use issue
  • ADD: Try to close stream when finished playing

@TammeMagal Did check. So autoplay is not always working in browsers. What I can do is start the stream muted but then you have to enable sound manually.

What I read is: When you interact with this webpage it will be recognized as trusted and the next time it should autoplay. Not sure if that works though

Edit: tested this on chrome on my macbook and there it works.

Thank you so much. A live stream was the one thing I was missing for my 2K wired doorbell. You’re the man!

1 Like

This is amazing! Thanks again @martijnpoppen for the work you put in this app. This really takes the integration to the next level!

Initial tests work well, besides the fact that there’s some delay in the steam (10-15 sec).
Really curious if this is the same for others who are testing the integration and what you do to minimize this delay.

Again, great work!

2 Likes

Thanks @MrBlue
Yeah the delay is always there. Its a cloud stream from Eufy.
You can check that also at https://mysecurity.eufylife.com

Sure. I realize this is not something you can influence, but was just curious how others are experiencing this delay and how thay managed to minimize it. :grin:

1 Like

Idea:
Start the stream for your doorbell if there’s motion or a person.

Once the doorbell rings you use the stream Chromecast card.
In that case you directly have the stream and you can see the person on your screen

Tried everything but it won’t autoplay.

For me personally its oké to start without sound. Would be nice to see who is in front of the door on my hub so I can decide to stand up from the couch or not :wink:

Alright Will make a extra no sound card :smiley:

New app update (live: 2.9.8):

Changes:

• FIX: streamserver port in use issue
  • ADD: Try to close stream when finished playing
  • FIX: start stream as muted when autoplay is not supported @TammeMagal

@TammeMagal can you check if it works? It didn’t add a extra card, but theres a check if the video started to play. If not it will start muted

1 Like