[APP][Pro] Eufy Security

@GrumpyOldSwede unfortunately I don’t have a way currently to fetch the error and show that to the user. So that’s why it’s a general message

1 Like

Hi all! Just received my brand new S120 Wall Light camera. Currently using this without a Homebase (but ordered a HB3 which should be here within 1-2 weeks).

My S120 is linked to the Eufy Security app and correctly sends push notifications to my phone.

I added the Eufy Security app to Homey and linked the S120 to Homey. Unfortunatly for some reason no data appears to go through from the S120 to Homey. No temperature, no motion detection. The other way around, when I set the security mode from Home to Away from Homey, I can see it also changes in the Eufy Security app.

I tried restarting the Homey Eufy Security app. I’ve tried playing with the advanced settings (Always on: Yes; Use GEneric motion alarm: Yes; Enable snapshots: Yes). But nothing changes.

Am I missing something to get motion detection and event/snapshot images synced to homey? Maybe some setting within the device?

@Daan_Dagevos check FAQ Q1 [APP][Pro] Eufy Security - #4 by martijnpoppen - Apps - Homey Community Forum

@martijnpoppen I’ve read the whole FAQ. Notifications are enabled in all security modes.

@Daan_Dagevos please send a diagnostic report

@martijnpoppen just did. This is the key ace6e60f-f0cc-4d74-b775-84abd8b23ade

@martijnpoppen I use Eufy cameras and a doorbell. I see that occasionally the camera and doorbell are turned off, and the Homey log says this (see screenshot). Do you, or perhaps someone else, have an idea why this might be happening? This never happened before. I then have to manually turn the cameras back on in the Eufy app.

Edit: Previously, before I had Homey, I had everything linked to Google Home, which I now have connected to Homey Pro. Could that be causing issues? Or should I first remove everything from Google Home and then only connect Homey?

@Denny_Goosensen Make sure to put your camera not in the room you’re turning of via Google. Or prevent the device from going ‘off’ in the device settings

@martijnpoppen , im sorry, just did!

1 Like

@Daan_Dagevos I see no issues in the logs. Can you maybe trigger some motion/person detection and then send a new report?

@martijnpoppen thanks a lot for helping out!

I triggered a motion and instantly got a notification from the Eufy Security Android app.

Unfortunately the motion wasn’t detected by the Eufy Homey app.

New diagnostic report ID: aedcad72-5fe0-4478-9741-3c616c7ea66e

Current Homey flow (timeline notification isn’t send out either):

@Daan_Dagevos is it really a motion or a person detection? Can you check the device timeline?

@martijnpoppen I’ve had both (motion at 16:16 and 16:59; person at 17:02 and 17:04). That’s from the Eufy Android app.

@Daan_Dagevos please check the device timeline:

@martijnpoppen the device timeline is empty.

It also doesn’t retrieve any snapshots/event images:

@Daan_Dagevos as far as i see in the logs there’s no detection. To double check, you get a Push notification on your phone?

@martijnpoppen yeah, the phone gives an instant push notification through the Eufy Security app for android. Just nothing from Homey (which makes sense since homey doesn’t detect).

Just to be sure, these are the advanced settings of the device:

@Daan_Dagevos Settings is not related to this issue. This seems like a configuration issue as the notificaiton service is started according to the logs.

Do you have your camera settings like this?

@martijnpoppen these are the notification settings of the device:

@Daan_Dagevos the “all other motion” push notification is disabled. if that is disabled it won’t tirgger your motion card in Homey.