[APP][Pro] Eufy Security

I actually thought that too.
I still regularly receive the standard Eufy image with a cloud snapshot that I only use with my doorbell.

2024-02-28 09_14_02-

There is no point in sending a diagnostic report now as this was over an hour ago. I’ll send a report if I see it happen again.

Thanks.

@Heula that might be possible.

Homey opens a 3 sec stream to the camera and send that buffer to the snapshot service which tries to get a snapshot.
any latency or failed frames in the stream will cause this to fail. Unfortunately the only fix might be to increase the stream lenght. resulting in slower flows.

Any specific camera where you see this happening?

Hi!

I have a Video Doorbell Dual wired (T8203), but the application doesn’t support this device.
Could you add support?
I want to connect with my soundbar when I have a call.

I see which library is used, and this library supports this device.

I also don’t get actual snapshots. I only see the default image.
I have S330 eufyCam

Hi @savtym
Correct, until now only EU Eufy devices are supported. So it has to be added. seems like you are the first user which has this doorbell.
will have a check when i can add this.

Snapshots or event images?

Snapshot
Events work very well

Thanks!

@savtym and you are using the take snapshot flowcard?

@martijnpoppen Not yet
But I tried to press the refresh button on the device in the Homey app.

@savtym that doesn’t do anything

My doorbell T8210
Camera’s seem to have no issues so far.

I have a T8213 doorbell (wired) and since this week the power level dropped below 25%. I removed the device from my Homey and now the doorbell is charging again. So it looks like it’s related to this app, any ideas why?

@Jacco_van_Eck the app.is polling the camera ofcourse to get updates the in Homey.
But i’ll push a new update soon which will be good for battery use

Hi. I have problem with my S330 eufy cams. I have 3 and non of them shows motion detection in Homey :frowning: Temperature is refreshing ok. Snapshots also works but motion is not recognised :frowning:
I don’t use schedule or geofencing. Camera have motion detection and notification turn on. I restarted homey, homey eufy app and homebase couple of times but nothing help with this problem :frowning:
Any idea what is going on?

Best regards

@Lukasz_Kostek Make sure to check the FAQ Q1: [APP][Pro] Eufy Security - #4 by martijnpoppen - Apps - Homey Community Forum

Hi. Thx for answer.

Unfortunately notifications are on:( But not in every modes. In Away and Night. In Home they aren’t.
But today at 3 (Night mode) there was recording in my front camera with notification on but motion detection in homey says last motion was 3 days ago :frowning:

Maybe I need to turn notification in every mode?

Best regards

@Lukasz_Kostek there’s also a difference in motion and person detection. Not sure what type of detection you had?

Hi,

Motion detection - 3 months ago. Person detection - 3 days ago. In other cameras - motion detection 3 months ago and Person detection - 10 days ago.

All this information are incorrect.

Is there anything I can do?

I have my Homebase 3 set to Performance (Beta) working mode. Maybe this is a problem? But i don’t think so because from very beginning there was a problem with motion detection. I am using newest firmware in homey and eufy.

It is weird for my that I see actual snapshot in homey but there is no motion detection

I checked now in backyard camera and Person motion was detected - hmmm. I will test it more and give info.

Thx for answers

1 Like

that’s not a issue.

Most of the time it’s due to a missing notification settings, so i would suggest to go trough that.

and you got a notification from Eufy on your phone?

New app update (:orange_square: TEST: 3.25.4):

Changelog:

NEW:
1: None

FIXES:
1: Library/API update
2: FIX: Improve notification images (library update)
3: FIX: snapshots for 2K doorbell
4: FIX: person detection with face recognition

If you find any issues, send a report via the mobile homey app

More - apps - Eufy Security - settings wheel right top - send diagnostic report (put your email in the input field to make it easier)

You can install the test version by clicking the link above and press install

Don’t want to be part of this test version? Install the live version → Eufy Security App for Homey | Homey

1 Like

@Heula can you check if the above test version fixes it?
I had somebody else with a similar issue.:

On restart of the app he could make 1 snapshot with the doorbell and then it stopped. Is this the same to your experience?