[APP][Pro] Eufy Security

Yes, I checked all modes even those I do not use.

@Jan_Vitasek [APP][Pro] Eufy Security - #2 by martijnpoppen

Here’s the code, thanks for looking into it!

7a494ed0-3e38-437b-b333-405696eb52bb

Here is the code:

05fbb907-4f4c-4740-8051-1d61b98ed2bb

Thank you for help!

@Jan_Vitasek can you restart the app in Homey and send a new report?

@DanielBHansen i do see some time outs. Can you restart Homey and your Homebase and see if it works after that?

d102fc0e-de47-4171-9205-28470568954d

Btw sensors are now working again…

Haha, it worked! Okay that was easy!

Thanks a mil!

@Jan_Vitasek expected that already

@DanielBHansen yeah expected that too

I think I found the solution! Since on github the experts spoke about internet and network settings, I tried rebooting my ISP router. And now it is working like before!

I hope this time it will last… On the other hand, this has taken me so much time, and now it seems that in the end all it took was an on/off switch on the ISP router. :slight_smile::grimacing:

Maybe this occured because I set up Homey Pro 23 with wi-fi, and re-installed (re-paired) all devices with the ethernet adapter.

1 Like

ThoFlo Oh didnt check the GitHub thread yet. Day off :stuck_out_tongue:

Good to hear. Sometimes its that easy :sweat_smile:

@martijnpoppen I would like to start recording on one of my camera’s, based on motion detection (external device or other camera). It doesn’t seem to be possible yet. Will it be possible?

@MatHome short answer… no unfortunately not

Yes, but as I mentioned in my first post - it is like changing all the time. Sometimes it is working and sometimes is not. So I am expecting that in two days it will stop working again w/o changing anything :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Jan_Vitasek please let me know if that happens again . If you can send a report at that point i’ll have a look.
Your previous report had a lot of network errors.

Hi @martijnpoppen , the images seem to be working just fine now. No more old images :+1:.

Thanks.

1 Like

@Heula good to hear!

If you want can you also check the snapshot feature? :slight_smile:
shouldnt throw the green images anymore

1 Like

New app update (:orange_square: TEST: 3.24.5):

Changelog:

NEW:
1: NEW: Snapshots! :camera_flash:

FIXES:
1: FIX: improve processing of snapshot in Homey
2: FIX: HB3 increase snapshot stream for optimal images
3: FIX: Distorted images when making snapshot
4: FIX: S340 Vehicle detection
5: FIX: Snapshot server rate limit (allow 30 snapshots a day)
6: FIX: decrease crash reports (unkown device errors)
7: FIX: add notification about snapshots

Info

Snapshots are now added to the APP.
To enable snapshots go to the device settings of your camera (in Homey) and enable the snapshot functionality. This will give you the Snapshot FlowCard

How does this work?
When Eufy starts a stream the Homey app receives the H264 Readablestream from Eufy. This is parsed to a Buffer and send to the external server Which runs FFMPEG. FFMPEG takes a snapshot and sends that back. Nothing is stored on the server a there’s no storage available there.

Flow Example:

:rotating_light: :exclamation: :rotating_light: NOTE:
The snapshot card will use a external service which runs FFMPEG to generate the snapshot.
This service is hosted by the developer of this app and is free to use.
The service will only be used when the snapshot settings is enabled.
All data is send encrypted and will not be stored on the server.

If you find any issues, send a report via the mobile homey app

More - apps - Eufy Security - settings wheel right top - send diagnostic report (put your email in the input field to make it easier)

You can install the test version by clicking the link above and press install

Don’t want to be part of this test version? Install the live version → https://homey.app/a/com.eufylife.security/

2 Likes

Wonderful i wanted to get a snapshot when some rings on my yale-doorbell for a while.

But when I try to enable snapshot I get this:

What am I doing wrong?