[APP][Pro] Eufy Security

@ThoFlo please send a report when you restart the app.

The pet thing might come from all the checks i make for Homebase 3 devices

Temperature is handled different than push notifications

@Heula i tested the s340 and works for me. Did a small tweak on the server. Can you test again?

Hello Martijn,

Since a couple of days, I have problems with the eufy app. The memory is between 35 and 50 mb. There is an error in my devices and after a few seconds the devices are back. I have already restart the eufy homebase and homey, but the problem stays. Do you have any idea what the problem is?

@Big_Mike probably your Homey is out of memory and crashing the Eufy app. I would suggest to check that.
Eufy is quite memory heavy but cant be reduced anymore

@martijnpoppen thanks I check the memory.

1 Like

Hi @martijnpoppen , still messed up snapshots most of the times.
Some are good but mostly not.

@Heula any info on how the s340 is connected.
You have this one right?

@martijnpoppen , Yes this is the can I have.
It is connect with the S380 Homebase 3.

Also my cam 2c Pro gives messed up snapshots now. :man_shrugging:
Doorbell is fine so far.

@Heula hmm interesting. I did have it standalone. Will check with the HB3. (Stille have to unbox it)

New app update (:orange_square: TEST: 3.24.2):

Changelog:

NEW:
1: NEW: Snapshots! :camera_flash:

FIXES:
1: FIX: improve processing of snapshot in Homey
2: FIX: HB3 increase snapshot stream for optimal images

Info

Snapshots are now added to the APP.
To enable snapshots go to the device settings of your camera (in Homey) and enable the snapshot functionality. This will give you the Snapshot FlowCard

How does this work?
When Eufy starts a stream the Homey app receives the H264 Readablestream from Eufy. This is parsed to a Buffer and send to the external server Which runs FFMPEG. FFMPEG takes a snapshot and sends that back. Nothing is stored on the server a thereā€™s no storage available there.

Flow Example:

:rotating_light: :exclamation: :rotating_light: NOTE:
The snapshot card will use a external service which runs FFMPEG to generate the snapshot.
This service is hosted by the developer of this app and is free to use.
The service will only be used when the snapshot card is enabled.
The service will not be used when the snapshot card is disabled. All data is send encrypted and will not be stored on the server.

If you find any issues, send a report via the mobile homey app

More - apps - Eufy Security - settings wheel right top - send diagnostic report (put your email in the input field to make it easier)

You can install the test version by clicking the link above and press install

Donā€™t want to be part of this test version? Install the live version ā†’ Eufy Security App for Homey | Homey

1 Like

@Heula I made a fix for the HB3, can you try it out? :slight_smile:

:pray:t2:

1 Like

Hi @martijnpoppen , will do.
Let you know tomorrow, not much movement now I think.

1 Like

83d64941-dd2c-4a81-a534-c43a8dea1c0c

This is the report after a restart.

Hi there, new to the community ! Looking for a step to step guide on how to set up the ā€œsecondary adminā€ account - Iā€™m really not clear on all of the explanation found so far. So how to set up the secondary account and than how to integrate into Homey. Thanks in advance for you help

1 Like

If I remember well, just create any email user (eg. yourname_eufy@gmail.com) and share your EUFY Household with itā€¦then just add that 2nd account to Homey by using it for login.

1 Like

Hi there,

Not sure if itā€™s me doing something wrong or if my settings are wrong. But when Iā€™m trying to change my Homebase 3 security mode through the Homey app or via a flow, it doesnā€™t change anything in the Eufy App.

Interestingly, when I replace the Homebase 3 with my Homebase 2 in the same flow, the security mode changes perfectly, and I can also change the security mode on my Homebase 2 without any issues through the app

Iā€™m wondering if there might be a specific challenge associated with changing the security mode on the Homebase 3, or if thereā€™s a setting or step I might be missing.

@DanielBHansen is your Homebase 3 in the same Network as your Homey?

@ThoFlo same as last timeā€¦ Push notification registration fails.

Do you have any blockers in your network like pi hole ?

No I donā€™t have any blockers. Is the push registration something within Homey or within eufy?

I do receive notifications from the eufy account when logged in from another phone.

I do receive other push notifications from Homey for CO2 levels for example.

Could it make any difference of I were to remove the devices from my eufy account and reinstall them?

1 Like