[APP][Pro] Eufy Security

Hi there, S340 on/off still not functional… am I too inpatient? :wink:
Btw: how could I donate?

1 Like

Hi Martijn,
Thank you.
I’ve found the settings in the app. All is enabled.

For unknown reasons, the Eufy was updated after I’ve turned on the alarm in Homey today.
But it still doesn’t work from Eufy app or the Eufy Keypad.

Do you have any idea what could be wrong?

@naehle strange will check!
I have donation links in the first post of this topic :slight_smile:

@Jonas_Hartvig please change the mode in Eufy itself and after that send a diagnostic report in Homey

How to send a report

Hi Martijn, any chance to let Eufy work with Soundboard? From a security perspective it would be awesome to stream custom wav’s/mp3’s to the speaker of my Eufy cams. Great work btw, thanks for your efforts!

I received my S340 cam yesterday and I also noticed that the on/off button and the light button did not work.
I switched it on in Eufy and created a report.

b306b648-688d-47a2-a5b6-82ad740289ba

Thanks.

@Heula @naehle theres work in progress on the device by the maintainer of the library.

I only added the basis, but i dont have all the tools and knowledge to debug individual P2P commands. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @martijnpoppen ,

Any news on this issue? :wink:

Thanks.

@Heula not yet. Seems like this goes wrong in the library aswell

Edit: but i’m trying to reproduce it on my side with the new E340 doorbell :slight_smile:

1 Like

@martijnpoppen

There is a security vulnerability in your app. In the login history of the Eufy app, under account login records, I find devices that I have logged into after linking the account in Homey with your app.

Can you investigate and address this? In any case, it’s not advisable in the current times to not support Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA).

@Pascal88 What kind of devices?

2FA is supported :wink:

@Pascal88 Homey identifies as a Phone instead of Homey as Eufy doesn’t allow 3rd party integrations.
To clairify: A couple of months ago Eufy started blocking requests from: eufy-security-client, eufy-node-client and homey as devices.
Therefore there’s a random function right now which takes a devices name from a device list and identifies like that. So Eufy can’t block it that easy :slight_smile:

The list with device names can be found here:

Summary: There’s NO security vulnerability in this app.

2 Likes

Hi Martijn,

Thanks for this quick response and further clarification.
I can confirm that the devices I’ve encountered are present in the list.

IdeaTabS2110AF
V2061

1 Like

@Pascal88 I think you use the app for quite a while already?

As new configured accounts will list it like this:

IdeaTabS2110AF-Homey
V2061-Homey

Since last Monday, I have been persuaded to purchase a Homey Pro 2023 along with a set of HUE accessories.

Since early October, I’ve had a set of Eufy items. So, I’m quite new to this, but I do have an IT background.

That is also the reason why I thought something might not be functioning properly in the security aspect. However, you managed to clarify that in the earlier communication.

1 Like

Hi @martijnpoppen, can you take another look at the energy saving for battery powered devices? I see a drop of ~20% when Homey app (v3.21.5) is enabled. And only 4% when I disable the app.

@molensky already did that last time right :stuck_out_tongue:

But this is outside my app. So i’ll ask the question to the dev of the library

1 Like

@molensky which cameras?

I have a S120 Solar Wall Light

1 Like

@martijnpoppen
I Was excited to set up my brand new dual video doorbell in Homey, but keep getting message that there are no new device.
When looking over supported devices on your app, I do see the dual video doorbell, but not this new “updated” one called E340. (eufy Support )
Am I correct that you unfortunately do not support this device yet?
If so, do you plan on supporting it, and how long should we expect to long for your great mind to make such available to us ?:slight_smile:
I use a lot of your applications, and i appreciate all the work that you do. Do you have somewhere one can donate to your hard work?

Br