[APP][Pro] Eufy Security

Hi Martjin,
I’m using the Eufy Security v. 3.18.13.

I’m not sure where to check if Homebase Push is enabled.
But I haven’t changed anything recently, so if it has been changed, it must be automatically.

Edit: I just noticed the screenshot you attached. But I can’t find it. Can you help me with a path?

Best regards,
Jonas

Yeah i know, but its the only way to push camera to update the latest motion. No idea why.

@Robert_Szilagyi feel free to send a diagnostic report today. When you had motion detection…then i’ll check your report

@Jonas_Hartvig its the notification settings of the Homebase in the Eufy app.

So go you your Homebase and press notifications

New app update (:orange_square: TEST: 3.21.4):

Changelog:

NEW:
1: NEW: add MiniBase Chime (T8023)
2: NEW: Add Doorbell E340 (T8214)
3: NEW: Add preparation for Indoor Cam S350 (T8416) (hardware access required)
4: NEW: Add eufyCam E330 Professional (T8600)
5: NEW: Add eufyCam S340 Pan and Tilt (T8170)
6: NEW: Add support for device which can be stand-alone and connected to Homebases
7: NEW: Migrate app to HomeyCompose
8: NEW: add flowcards to new cameras
8: NEW: prepare for Homey Cloud

FIXES:
1: FIX: Repair not working for some devices
2: FIX: T81A0 - S120 (implement missing types)
3: FIX: Country code for EU
4: FIX: deprecate stream cards
5: FIX: remove persistent data in userdata - fix
6: FIX: energy saving for battery devices
7: FIX: Security mode for Homebase

If you find any issues, send a report via the mobile homey app

More - apps - Eufy Security - settings wheel right top - send diagnostic report (put your email in the input field to make it easier)

You can install the test version by clicking the link above and press install

Don’t want to be part of this test version? Install the live version → Eufy Security App for Homey | Homey

First few hours aren’t hopeful. Battery dropped 10% since this morning (on v3.21.2).

I also have some new findings

1. notifications take several minutes after actual motion. Smartphone (Android) sends a notification directly. Homey 2-3 minutes later.
  2. the image card is empty via Homey
  3. Homey app on Android crashes when I turn the app on. I can turn off the Eufy app, but when I toggle to ON, a few seconds later, the Android app crashes (bcf3be5a-7dfa-4aee-a5ce-2fffe66187c4)

FYI: upgraded to v3.21.4 a minute ago, just to be sure. Crash happens also on x.4

@molensky your account needs a captcha, so better to first repair your account. :slight_smile:

I don’t really see how the Homey app crashes due to Eufy…

I tested the off/on with the ABPR-app :wink: and Homey didn’t stop. :person_shrugging:

Eufy doesn’t like it when I try to replicate an issue :rofl:
I’ll wait another day to rule out Eufy API throttling as cause and send another report if the issue continues.

1 Like

Today I got my Eufy Indoor Cam (dual lens) s350 but ti my surprise I can’t add it as an item in Homey Pro 23 (yet?)
No icon to select please.

What I think weird because already in 3.19.0 version of this app is written : “3.19.0
16 Nov 2023
NEW: add MiniBase Chime (T8023) | NEW: Add Doorbell E340 (T8214) | NEW: Add basis for Indoor cam dual S350 (T8416) (requires hardware access) | NEW: Add support for device which can be stand-alone and connected to Homebases | NEW: Migrate app to HomeyCompose | FIX: Repair not working for some devices.”

What’s that “(requires hardware access)” ?? Plaese help.

Thank You.

(by the way i got now the normal / not beta/test version of the app installed. Do I need the beta/test version ??)

P.S: Tommorow comes the 1st S120 and the 2nd S330 in. Hope these will work flawlessly/ (but the 1st s330 seems to work (until now) (for 4 days now).

New to Homey, Pro arriving tomorrow (I hope).

If I install a S340 P&T, and install a motion sensor outside the default camera FOV. Can I make a flow that pans the camera towards the motion sensor upon detection?

If so, do I need a HomeBase 3 to make that work?

@DoctorBazinga please note this app is maintained by a volunteer. And has no connections to Eufy whatsoever. All these cameras are added by reverse engineering the eufy android app. As Eufy is adding new cameras faster than the community can add them we’re a bit behind on schedule :wink:

This takes a long time and is not that easy to do. Yes in the test version there’s a mention about the S350, but it’s not done yet. I needed hardware access (see: [APP][Pro] Eufy Security - #4747 by martijnpoppen)

So please be patient until the cameras are added and properly tested.

1 Like

@BertusX yes that should be possible :slight_smile: No Homebase 3 needed for the S340.

1 Like

Dear Martijn,

Sorry If my post was rude and or inpatient.

I really appreciate your efforts/wirk and support.

I was just wondering why and may a lttle bit frustrated that it didn’t work/show up in the homey app

I’ll wait. Take your Time.
Can I somehow help ?

Thank You. :pray:t2:

Black Iphonitis rigorosa : level 15+

2 Likes

@DoctorBazinga

oh no not at all! :slight_smile:

I saw you S120 comes tomorrow. In the current live version there’s limited functionality. I also fixed that in the test version, you can get that here: Eufy Security | Homey (green install button) Changelog: [APP][Pro] Eufy Security - #4814 by martijnpoppen

Currently I have access to all cameras which are not yet in the app. I expect the update soon. Also the maintainer of the library is fixing all the things that I missed :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I did some more tests tonight. I still don’t get an image with the notification. Can I validate the image token another way?

@molensky there’s a problem in the library. Just made a fix to the library and implementing it in the app… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

New app update (:orange_square: TEST: 3.21.5):

Changelog:

NEW:
1: NEW: add MiniBase Chime (T8023)
2: NEW: Add Doorbell E340 (T8214)
3: NEW: Add preparation for Indoor Cam S350 (T8416) (hardware access required)
4: NEW: Add eufyCam E330 Professional (T8600)
5: NEW: Add eufyCam S340 Pan and Tilt (T8170)
6: NEW: Add support for device which can be stand-alone and connected to Homebases
7: NEW: Migrate app to HomeyCompose
8: NEW: add flowcards to new cameras
8: NEW: prepare for Homey Cloud

FIXES:
1: FIX: Repair not working for some devices
2: FIX: T81A0 - S120 (implement missing types)
3: FIX: Country code for EU
4: FIX: deprecate stream cards
5: FIX: remove persistent data in userdata - fix
6: FIX: energy saving for battery devices
7: FIX: Security mode for Homebase
8: FIX: images not updating

If you find any issues, send a report via the mobile homey app

More - apps - Eufy Security - settings wheel right top - send diagnostic report (put your email in the input field to make it easier)

You can install the test version by clicking the link above and press install

Don’t want to be part of this test version? Install the live version → Eufy Security App for Homey | Homey

@molensky is also fixed in latest test version now :slight_smile:

Again thank you for all your hard (and quick) work! :cake:

1 Like

@molensky Thanks! And many thanks for your kind donation!! :smiley: