[APP][Pro] Eufy Security

I’m trying to add a Battery Doorbell Slim, but I can’t seem to get it working. Created the secondary admin account, accepted the invitation from my primary Eufy account to share the device, then logged out of the app and in to the Homey plugin … When I try to add a Battery Doorbell 1080p, after a few secons it says “no devices found”. When I try to add a Homebase Chime, it gets stuck at “loading …”. How do I fix this?

@Wilco_Vertegaal make sure to add it as a powered doorbell

Thanks for the quick reply! Unfortunately, that didn’t solve the issue. "Error - no devices found’.

@Wilco_Vertegaal can you share a diagnostic report?

Here you go: 3d7ce060-8e5f-4746-85fb-04219edaff98

Thanks for looking into this!

@Wilco_Vertegaal seems like there are no devices in this account.
Did you share them as devices or did you share the home with your extra account?

Make sure to share them as individual devices

Hm, this is messy …

I had tried both approaches (“share home” vs “share device”), but I could not get either of them to work. Then I revoked sharing the home, but somehow it got stuck. Now when I login to the Eufy app with my secondary account (the one I wish to use with Homey), the home is still there - but with no devices. However when I switch to “shared devices”, the doorbell and chime are there …

So the devices are shared, and when I explicitly list the shared devices only, they do show up in the Eufy app. However the shred home could be messing things up - and there seems no way to delete it from within the app.

Any thoughts? I’m not sure if this is a plugin issue at all - sorry to bother you.

What i would do.
Create a new account and share the devices with that. Most of the time that is the way to fix it

Yeah, I was afraid that it would have to be that ugly :wink:

Thanks, I’ll let you know how it works out.

Uh-oh … Unfortunately this just shows the exact same behaviour (except with a different account).

@Wilco_Vertegaal did you login in the second account in the Eufy app and accepted the invite?

Yes, that wasn’t it - BUT … It’s working now :smile:

(Must have done something wrong but I can’t understand what: I had already accepted the invitation, but when I returned to the Eufy app it refused to accept my password. Reset it, logged in again, devices were there, logged out, tried to add the devices in the Homey plugin, hey - presto!)

Thanks for bearing with me, all good now. Thanks for all the hard work!

1 Like

Nice! It can be a bit challenging sometimes. ,:smiley:

Nice! It can be a bit challenging sometimes. ,:smiley:

Absolutely - Homey stuff is for tinkerers only. But if it keeps running flawlessly from now on, I’m a very happy person.

1 Like

@martijnpoppen would you have some advice please?

@CasperV sorry missed your message

So if im correct you have the indoor cam connected to the Homebase 3?

Can you send a report?

Hi Martijn.
Code of the report dfeffcf0-c2b9-40bc-9418-71bf67a31639
This cam is having its own security modes in Eufy and Homey. It’s connected to Homebase3 for storage of the video.
It shows the latest recording in the Homey device.

Casper Vet

@CasperV hmm the indoor cam cannot be found from Homey. Are the camera and Homey in te same local network? Same ssid, no vlan or guest network?

6549064f-9bc1-45b1-848c-e4ded508b279
New report as it suddenly just works… If you would like to investigate what is different now…
Sorry for bothering though.

Casper Vet

Do you plan to integrate eufy s100 wired wall light cam?
I can assist having one.
Greetz.
Jan