[APP][Pro] Eufy Clean

I’m too new for a DM, so I will use the thread. I can’t install the apk to retrieve the information to connect my robovac to homey. I receive a message that I can’t install the app. Any advice?

Hey @Herfstkatje
Probably because you didn’t enable Install unknown apps on your Android.

But before you install this, which robovac do you have? The APK only works for old models.

I have enabled install unknown apps for the directory where the file is stored.
My robovac is a G30, so not a new model. The apk is 2.4.0, a lower number then the current eufy software installed.

@Herfstkatje ah yeah then first remove the Eufy app and then install the Apk

That did make a difference, however to see my device I have to update the app since the version I downloaded don’t support the device associated with my account. I need to play around with it and if needed contact a support line to see if I can make it work. Thanks for your quick response!

@Herfstkatje yes thats what i meant :stuck_out_tongue:
So you Arent going to get the codes via this APK only way is the advanced method as described in the FAQ.

But as you can probably see in the topic i can also get i it for you.

Let me know if thats what you want , then i’ll dm you the details :slight_smile:

Stubborn people have to find it out for themselves :person_shrugging:. Yes please, let for ones take the easy route. If you send me the details to get the codes, it is much appreciated.

1 Like

Hi @martijnpoppen ,

I have an X8 and I am trying to get the IDs. Could you please help?

@Philippe_El_Asmar yes will DM you my email so I can get the keys for you

Hi @martijnpoppen! The X9 Pro finally arrived. I’ve managed to get the Device ID and Local Key using the following script GitHub - Rjevski/eufy-clean-local-key-grabber: Eufy Clean Tuya device ID/local key grabber (unmaintained).

The X9 Pro gets added just fine in Homey through your app, without any error. However, sending commands (vacuum, to charging station, etc) doesn’t work (‘network request failed’). It’s also not retrieving data in the ‘details’ pane (charging, working state, etc). I made sure it got a static IP.

What can I do to get you the proper data and means to troubleshoot? Would a diagnostics report help? I’ve already turned on the ‘debug logs’ option in the RoboVac device settings.

Thanks!

– EDIT
I’ve also just run NMAP to make sure 6668/tcp is still open on the X9 Pro. It is:

Nmap scan report for Illuminonfirmed.local (10.0.0.55)
Host is up (0.0074s latency).
Not shown: 999 closed ports
PORT STATE SERVICE
6668/tcp open irc

@Bamato that sounds like a wrong localKey.

If you want I can fetch the localkey for you so we can double check if it’s correct.
As far as I know the link you shared fetched the tuyacloud id and not the local key.

I’ve made a different solution to get the local key and also shared that with multiple eufy robovac devs :slight_smile: (Updated method of getting localKey · Issue #25 · apexad/eufy-robovac · GitHub)

If you could help me with that, that would be great. Followed the instructions and got there almost completely, but in the end I get a [Android Emulator 5554::com.eufylife.smarthome ]-> Process crashed: Bad access due to protection failure

Instead of debugging for hours, I’d like to accept your offer if it’s not too much of a hassle for you :slight_smile:

@Bamato

I’ll DM you

1 Like

New app update (test: 1.7.0):

Changelog:
1. NEW: Support X9

Note: testing phase

Before buying a vacuum cleaner robot I’m orienting on the brands and models with homey support. Good to see Eufy has support and the app is developed and maintained by @martijnpoppen :grinning:.
Two questions:

1. how hard is it to obtain the id’s (good to know I live in the apple ecosystem, so no android and windows)
  2. Does the homey app control the device through local api? Or through cloud connection? I would like to isolate this device io IOT-vlan. Can this be done?

@Torch1969 thanks!

• getting the keys is advanced level i would say. But theres a python script available i saw but i have to check that out but looks way easier.
  • Homey controls the vacuum via the local tuya API. So theres no cloud connection

Hi,

I’ve newly got a X8, and I’ve tried the advanced method, but I’m having no luck with using Genymotion ADB connection… anyway… Are you able to help?

I couldn’t get the Python others have used to run either…

Coffee’s on me for assistance.

1 Like

@John_Forrest Yes! Replied to your DM :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have an X8 as well. Can’t get it up and running… Perhaps I am to blond…?

@Wouter_Cassee if you send me a dm i can help you out :slight_smile: