[APP][Pro] Enhanced Device Widgets. Live 1.0.1, Test 1.0.2

The design is way better, but there is not much difference in the functionality of the slider. Strange that no one else is reporting this issue. If it was just one device I would assume the problem was on my end, but it’s exactly the same problem on both my phone and my tablet.
Appreciate the efforts non the less.

The slider is really difficult to use here also, but if you adjust down the sensitivity on phone or tablet, it is easier to use. Very little movement with the finger up or down, and the scroll in Widget stops and command is not sent to the device.

I’m interested in how you set this up, if you want to show even if it’s offtopic in this thread

The code is in my Github account and there is a link to it from the Athom app store.

It works great on my iPad as once you touch the thumb button it locks in, so you can move your finger up and down as much as you like and it still keeps control. It’s just Android seems to fight back all the way and prevents locking the pointer.

So, if the slider was vertical (like the dimmer slides in the original Homey devices), this wouldn’t be a problem?

Is this a CSS issue? In the lighting section of the Homey app, the horizontal slider works like a charm on my Android devices:

If you were asking me. Use DM for that and not this topic.

Just tested on my Android phone. You are absolute right, the slider is almost impossible to use as a slider. Can click on the bar instead, that works better. Whenever I start to slide, it starts move to the next column in the dashboard.

Just tried a quick test and it doesn’t work at all.

I can’t slide it at all as the screen scrolls straight away.

I have setup some test code in the apps settings page and the slider works fine on my Android in there. So, it must be something caused by the way the widget is contained. I have asked Athom for help, so wait to see what they say.

4 Likes

Sounds good. And it seems like something other developers will also have to deal with if they want to create sliders, so will be great to get an answer from Athom on this.

I am not sure how this works.
I have downloaded the app, but I am not able to add any widgets.

It’s looking like this on the phone:

Shouldn’t It appear here when trying to add a new unit?

Need to look on the … more page, where you see the logics/alarms/backups also

you need tot be on the newest version of the app btw

You add a widget to the dashboard, either on the home screen or in more - dashboards

1 Like

Is that the test version, 1.0.3?

I can’t see the dashboards here by some reason:

I’m on homey firmware 12.2.0 RC3 (experimental) and 9.0.0 app firmware (via TestFlight)

I am on Homey Pro v. 12.1.1.
How do you run Homey on the experimental firmware?

V. 8.4.1 app firmware.

see DM