[APP][Pro] Ecovacs - Deebot

Sad to read this, I’ll work on it.
Can you tell me if the internet connection for your homey and your robot is stable ? I fear there may be a kind of timeout if the app cannot ping the robot for a while.
In the meantime I’ll also work on implementing the repair method, It will help a bit. In particular I also ‘lost’ my device when Athom released the new Homey update.

ok, I put it on the backlog

I think there shouldn’t be any problem with the wifi connection or signal strength. Homey and Deebot are in direct sight of the router

Introduced small enhancements in version 1.1.1 :

• removed the last awful global variable. The app would now work properly for those who have multiple deebots - not sure there are many of you, anyway
  • upgraded the ecovacs-deebot.js to version 0.7.2. It is supposed to be more stable, maybe by chance address your issues @Tomas_Severa.
  • WIP: giving some tries to automatic reconnection, still searching for proper solution. In the mean time the device “Repair” method is implemented, it should at least manage usual “break” fixes such as homey firmware upgrade :slight_smile:

let me know how it goes, and stay tuned

First of all,

Thank you!

Second. The app seems to be working quite good.

Third: I have noticed that you can turn the vacuum cleaner on and off, and send it to clean specific areas. This is fantastic. If possible, I would like to be able to tell the vacuum cleaner to stop vacuuming and return home. I can see no card for that. The rationale for this request is as follows: RIght now I start the vacuum cleaner when people leave the home, but it would also be beneficial to be able to abort and ongoing vacuum mission in case someone comes come while the vacuum is out and about.

Again, thank you for this great app!

Thanks a lot for your comment, pleased to hear from happy users

Do not hesitate to write a review on the homey app store :wink:

To be sure I understand your request properly, you want an action flow card that sends the vacuum back to its station, right ? I just tested, there is a flow that does it already (I don’t know how it appears in english, in french it’s « desactivate » which actually sends the bot back to its station, and empties the dust)

Don’t hesitate if I did not understand properly your request

Olivier

Hi @Aybert it still disconnected after Homey reboot but with the Repair button it solves always the problem. Isn’t possible to do the repair function automatically?

Thank you for letting me know
Yes I’m investigating for automatic repair, which I need for other applications too.

I haven’t found yet a clean way to do it, but still searching hard

Olivier

Oilivier,

Thank you for the suggestion. You are correct. It is indeed the case that the flow already exists and does what you says it does. Unfortunately, the translation in English is “Turn off” instead of “Go home, empty and charge”. But now that I know I can use it. :slight_smile:

Again, thank you for an awesome application! Now, if only there was a way to tell the Robot to NEVER start a new map, but instead keep trying to find its location on the old one, I would be very happy. But that is not your problem, that is a problem with Ecovacs.

You’re right, I could have translated better :blush:

I actually implemented the « start cleaning / go back home » over the « on / off » capabilities, as I believed we would never actually switch on or off the robot.

I’m surprised about your issue regarding the map ; on my side I have a map once for all

@Aybert Thanks for the great app, It was very easy to link the robot to homey but i have a small problem. it doesnt matter wich of the flowcards i use to start cleaning nothing works, the robot always goes back to the charging dock. if i select start it goes to the dock but also when i select stop. i can not start the robot with the zone card because i have an older model without lidar or camera’s (deebot ozmo slim10 series). any chance you have a solution for this? or am i doing something wrong? :sweat_smile:

Maybe Glenn’s (@Aurovik ) version works for you

([APP][Pro] Ecovacs - Deebot - #120 by Peter_Kawa)

that one works perfect, thanks for the tip :wink:

2 Likes

@Aybert,

Just a quick note that the repair function seems to be working well. I am running version 1.1.2.

thank you for the information. Be careful version 1.1.2 is test only, it will not release major functionalities, it’s more exploratory works. And it’s currently huge (over 50MB), it could jeopardize your system.

this is strange indeed. The library I used is supposed to work with your model but may need some proper tweaks. I’ll have a look

Some more info.

In the experimental version the clean zone seems to be broken. I am unable to select zone when using the experimental version. When I return to the production version the clean zone seems to be working.

Im thinking of buying a mopping robot. For instance this one:

https://www.coolblue.nl/product/907965/ecovacs-deebot-x1-plus.html

Any general thoughts on that? And (how well) is it supported in the homey app?

I would buy the Roborock S7Max V Ultra instead.

With the ECOVACS you have to manually remove and insert the mops.

The Roborock lifts up the mop when it goes on carpet. Supposedly that works well on low to medium pile carpet.

I own a ECOVACS T8+.

The hardware has been ok. The software and mapping is filled with bugs. I have ordered a Roborock S7 Max V Ultra. Granted, I have no experience with the Roborock brand, but the ECOVACS is just to annoying.

I briefly owned a i7+ Roomba and a s9+ Roomba. The i7+ was ok. But it did not clean carpet very well. The s9+ was the best when it comes to pure vacuum performance of all robots I have have owned and it also cleaned the best in corners. Unfortunately, it was plagued by hardware faults. IRobot did the right thing and refunded the whole purchase price.

I develop software for a living and I am frankly appalled that the robot vacuuming industry is able to sell so much crap, both in terms of hardware and software.

1 Like

@Aybert

Just a quick thank you for developing the app!

:man_bowing:

Also: 200th post :slight_smile:

1 Like