[APP][Pro] Easee charger - Small. Smart. Full of power

@Domotica-blog.nl If you share your first thought and issues, the community might be able to help you improve it

Here u go :slight_smile: the short version.

I use the P1 meter of the house to see what i have to put in the car (it measures every 10 sec).

1. First i calculate the watts to amps:

2. Then i calculate how many Amps i have to put in the car:

So the Amps from charger minus the Amps of the house = the Amps i have to set the charger to.

1. Now i know what to set the charger on…

I could put the variable straight in the set “dynamic charger current” but i put a extra check in it to make sure that the value is correct.

I don’t stop the charging of the car (don’t want that) but offcourse this is easy to add if u want to.

I’m going to make a long post on our website and youtube channel.

This is how i looks like in real life:

P1:

Charger:

Sometimes to charger jumps a bit when there is no sun but this is not a real problem. I tried to fix this using the “average or trends card” but was not happy with the results.

Thanks, inspiring…

I am using the dynamic circuit current, not the dynamic charging current…
(Not sure if it makes a big difference just having one charger)

Are you using 1phase charging? 3phase charging? Or both?

I am using 1phase charging for the moments of low sunshine (1.38kWh, 6A) going up to 3.58kWh, 16A) then switching to 3phase (4.14kWh, 18A) going up to 11kWh, 48A

My approach (just started setting up) is a bit different.
I am using the insight trends app to calculate the avarage of the P1 signal over 15 min.
Recalculating that (just like you) to a current.
Based on the trend (also from insight trends) of the expectedsun script (changed to 1hr iso 3hr)
I decide if I actually want to update the current

What is your experience with using the dynamic charger current?
I am using the “dynamic circuit current” what notice (just 2 days of playing around) is that is seems to only adjust the current for even value.
The odd values (changing from 6A to 7A do show in the easee app as an updated current limit.
But the current itself does not change…

Only when increasing to 8 I see a actual charging current change

Don’t think it makes any differences if u use the circuit or current. I have 1 fase and 1 charger.

I tried with the insight and trends but the charger was always behind the P1 and using to much power or not enough to burn the solar away :slight_smile:

Dynamic charger current is working fine here. I didn’t notice any weird behavior. But let me check when the car needs charging.

1 Like

Just removing your first card (is smaller than 6) would already stop the charging if not enough solarpower is available…

So not even “easy to add”… , easy to remove :wink:

Difference might be the 3phase charging, not sure if the dynamic charger current will automatically switch between 1 and 3 phases.
Dynamic circuit current will allow you to switch.

I will test it it when my car needs charging

To make the flow more accurate,
You are using #Current allocated, that is the maximum current that you assigned yourself
IMG_0051
The actual current used can be different. You can see it in the easee app. Actual current is 6.3A, allocated current is 7A

To be more accurate you can use the actual current provided by easee (to be 3phase compatible, take the sum of all phases
IMG_0050

1 Like