[APP][Pro] Device Capabilities - Enhance the capabilities of devices

The function is called windows coverings state, can be found under lists, in the original device you can use it to go up, down and stop the device. Unfortunately you cannot specify any devices under the list menue.
Shouldn’t this feature be available under “buttons”?

Thanks for the reply @Arie_J_Godschalk . I have already reached out to the developer of the app, and i think my issue would be fixed. Thanks again for your reply :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello,

The app has been crashing every 5 to 10 minutes for over an hour.

This is my diagnostic report is:
aeefc5b8-42df-4b5c-9111-40f2e34712f8

edit:
I have already restarted Homey and I have also restarted the app several times

I just found the error. I had made a loop in a flow

2 Likes

I have created virtual devices with Device Capabilities that should read and display the temperature sensor built into a Hue motion detector.

These temperature values ​​have not been updated for a while now, so they constantly give the same value/temperature. It only concerns Hue. Virtual Devices (made with Device Capabilities) in combination with Aqara work well. Restarting the app, throwing away the virtual device and creating it again does not solve the problem. The phone app ‘Hue essentials’ (Android) does provide the correct temperature values, so the sensor in the motion detector(s) seems to be good. Anyone experiencing the same or a solution? Thank you and greetings, Ruud

Have you checked the settings of Hue Motion sensor? I believe by default the min. change in the temperature is set to 5°C.

I had the same problem. It worked again after reinstalling the Hue without the bridge app. (App was no longer visible among apps in Homey).

Hi Rene, can you be a bit more specific? Do you mean installing the homey App (Philips Hue, without the bridge) by Johan Bendz instead of the official Athom app?

Hi Ruud, I mean the App Philips Hue, without the bridge) by Johan Bendz. After I installed this app it worked again without any further adjustments. (My sensor is linked to the Hue app from Homey.)

Hi guys,

I’ve not yet seen Ruud mentioning which Hue app he actually uses :wink:
When he uses the Philips Hue app, your fix is a bit odd when Ruud thinks he should install Hue without the bridge app, when he possibly uses the Philips Hue app by Athom :man_shrugging:

So @RuudBinnendijk, just re-installing the Hue app you are using, might help.
Don’t remove it, just goto homey.app store and install the same Hue app you are using, from there.

Hoi, Hoi,
At first I didn’t even know there were multiple apps for Hue :). But I use the official one (Athom). Anyway, reinstallation worked. Thank you both for the solution and Peter in particular (saves a lot of work).

1 Like

(Tried to search 1st but was not able to find if discussed already)

I have several AVDs, where I use also predefined “picker”-lists. e.g.

With HomeyScript I can read and write values wo issue, but this time wanted to use simple flow (so time-limits editable also by mob) to create automatic home/sleep change depending on time of day / other trickers (to avoid water heating at night, long story…).

(Am I blind :face_with_diagonal_mouth: or) I was supriced to see that “And”- or “Then”-card to read picker-value does not exist? (“When”-card not so useful, when want to tricker event only at say 10pm (only if status “Home”) and 7am (only if status “Sleep”.)

On “Then” cards closed was (but did not list picker-fields:

On some other cards I could see picker list as “enum”, but not in these :face_with_peeking_eye:

Made by working HomeyScript already, but would be nice to understand possibilities for the future (as not not mob-friendly editing)… any advice appreciated :slight_smile:

There is no Then “read value X” card, Then cards write things in general.

It should be the When a “Value X has changed” card which could read your picker. With an And Logic card, you can compare the value with a given one.

For And cards, often Logic cards should be used, with which you can the compare the picker value ‘tag’ (if provided for by the app maker)

1 Like

Ok, thanks for confirming. Seems that I have to stick (happily) with HomeyScript then on this need…

Hey @Eko_taas ,

You response makes me thing you might have misinterpreted @Peter_Kawa 's answer:

The field you have created in the AVD has a tag with its value.
If you want to use an AND flowcard, use the default Homey Logic flowcards and select the AVD field Tag/token.

1 Like

AVD values are not avail. on HomeyLogic-cards (so as stated, only When-tag avail) - e.g. here nothing to select from one of AVD with similar pick-list and other values:

My need (bit longer than last time), why “when”-tag was not for me…

Lets say User changes state from AVD-Pick-list “Away” to “Home” e.g. 3am (user is always right, right :face_with_peeking_eye: )

When:

• Start at every 15min with 13min delay (when deciding if optimal cost for needed heating and/or hot-water for upcoming 15min … as all ready for 15min pricing :slight_smile: )

And/Then:

• state checked e.g. between 22pm to 7am “Home” to be “Sleep” and v.v. 7am till 22pm
  • If state Away / Sleep / Vacation, only heating will be calculated, Home also water secured

=> on both cases flow needs state value up to 14h after change and then “When”-card not very useful. Above was easily done on HomeyScript, so not big issue…

I hope this clarifies

Would it be possible to add Insights also for picker-list (similar to Boolean-field option)

To keep setting it simple, automatic num-allocation would do e.g. 1st pick zero, 2nd 1, …, xth (x-1)

I would use it to fetch history% of selection over time…

Thank you in advance :saluting_face:

Straings, because they should!
If i use the homeylogic flowcards, my List-tags do show up.

Are you sure its not a browser-cache issue?
Because the tags should be available.

Thank you for clarification, checked again:

Have a look - I can see all other variables with browser (except AVD ones)

AVD (repair-view): Tags selected

As number-card (I also have those in AVD):

As text/number card:

but e.g. PbH-variable seen normally:

Same happens when I take Crome (blowser not using before):

Why are you searching for hiiden_ui?

And perhaps, uncheck Create Hidden fields?
(There is not really a reason you should use that, unless you keep changing the Prefixed list you use.)