[APP][Pro][Deprecated] Arlo - Security Camera

@Jamie
Hi Jamie,
ever gone to add support for Ultra Camera Series ?
if so I’m willing to test :wink:

Is Arlo Go going to be supported? It would be really great, I have several.

Arlo is supported. The only issue is the two factor authorisation of Arlo that causes problems from time to time

But Arlo GO isn’t mentioned as a model in the app and it does not appear either

The 2FA is such a stupid thing to be mandatory for Arlo. Why is this not an user option?!

I have two cameras that are surveilling along the facade of the outside of my house and if someone would like to hack my Arlo system I say: Go head! Take a look at my brick walls and bushes alongside the house.

So please Arlo…let me (the user and owner of the system) decide the level of network security of my different systems. I hate when manufacturers impose security that makes things more complicated and less user friendly. I know what security level is needed, so let me decide!

(Yes, I do know that this is not a Arlo forum and that no one from Netgear is reading this…I’m just frustrated.)

1 Like

Fully supported!
And I didn’t find a switch to switch it of.

In former versions of the Arlo Security section it was possible.

Same feeling here…
I bookmarked this thread just to be on top of this when the 2FA workaround is live.

Great work. Works perfect. Just missing possibility to turn a camera on/off. Do you need collab? In case invite me to your github repo (norenz92).

When I connect arlo to my google home, I don’t see any 2FA check, so for now I don’t understand why this is not possible to connect with Homey. But I guess it won’t be that simple

@Jamie thanks for all your contributions! Just like @Rob_van_der_Poel I can successfully link my Arlo essential and Video doorbell to google home. I get linked to oauth.arlo.com through the google app and do not need 2fac. I assume this is handled by the oauth server. Unfortunately I don’t see any actions in addition to see video through the home app or have google home tell me that someone is at the door. The primary use case I’m after is a flow arming all cameras when my alarm is armed (linked to homey) I don’t think Arlos geo or scheduling is good enough. Happy to alpha test or contribute in other ways.

2 Likes

Hello,

I’d like to know if any progress was made to use or bypass the 2fa? Would love to use homey to flow with my Arlo station
Thanks

1 Like

I have a workaround in place using webhooks to and from Homey and IFTTT to arm/disarm - this works well, no 2fa hassle experienced thus far.

This is a nice tutorial: [HOWTO] Use IFTTT with Homey when the official support has ended

1 Like

Thanks Nescio, following your post i’m now able to start a flow when Arlo detect a motion

1 Like

Hey everyone,

Despite being very clear, the app continues to get 1 star ratings as it does not support 2FA, this has brought the app down to a 2.5 star rating.

Given that - Im going to be asking Athom to remove this app from the appStore, I would rather not have an app then have an app which such bad rating.

There seems to be a couple thousand people who followed the instructions and are using the app, I apologise - but hopefully you can understand, the app should continue to work - but you will not be able to install it again.

3 Likes

Hi, does anyone know what happend to the arlo app?
Webpage puts error 404 and cant find the app in my Homey app neither.

Moved to the correct Topic, Read back this thread ^^

I just want to say thank you for your efforts here!

I’ve been having this app installed but not using it for well over a year. Recently added some Pro3s to my initial setup, signed up for the Arlo Secure program and revisted my Homey integration. I noticed that I had already an active connection in the app (must have done that as part of my initial installation). I’m using a separate automation user with “friends sharing”, allowing it full access to my Arlo devices. For some reason, this still works despite the otherwise enforced 2-step verifications so I could readily add all my cameras, including the new ones.

Just tried my first integration getting a snapshot when an outside motion detector is activated and it works flawlessly! Just wanted to share the joy and consider myself lucky to have already installed this app (and for it to still function without workarounds)!

Thanks agin! :slight_smile:

a

1 Like

So will athom or Arlo create a New app for Homey use? I have a lot of Arlo stuff and its a shame that i cant use them with Homey now…

1 Like

Would be great to see a working app again :pensive:

Hi

I hope you can upload the app soon again so we all who can read and wants it can use it. Have some Arlo PRO 3 cameras that i like to add to Homey. If you dont want to do it i hope someone els can take over.