[APP][Pro] Dashboards

i used it in google Chrome (comuter) and Safari (iphone) both same. Setup are custom Tasmota devices with push button virtual on the homey. The dashboard also do not recognize this as pushbutton’s and the sliders stay’s on to after activating it.

What kind of virtual device is the pushbutton, is it the Homey experimental feature, or some other app that adds this?
If I’m to reproduce this, I need as much info as possible :thinking:
You mind taking a screen capture of your dashboard, as long as it doesn’t contain anything sensitive?

I use this app

I wil take some screens and pm you everything.

Thanks! Everything you sent was enough to figure it out :muscle:

I haven’t added all the capability types that native Homey supports yet, one of them being the button. So I tried adding a button and see what happens on refresh, and it was automatically triggered. I assume it’s because the button capability is actually a boolean value-type. So the switch, which is automatically displayed, sees that the default value null is either true or false, and then sends true. The same as native Homey sends when triggering the button.

I’ll add button to the list of things to implement :wink:

3 Likes

Glad you found it! :smiley:

I now got an error message, Marcus, which is of better use than ‘Log not found’ :upside_down_face::
Screenshot from 2023-08-18 22-45-27

Version 0.4.0 now released to homeyboard.github.io

• Capability widget now supports listing multiple capabilities from the same device
  • Images are now a little more sexy presented
  • Support button capability type
  • Automatically migrate widget settings from old to new versions
  • and probably some bug-fixes I don’t remember…

As I don’t have a HP16 or HP19, I cannot debug/test insights from these devices. It the problem persists, give me a heads-up :wink:

6 Likes

Hello skogsaas,

I like your work sofar with the dashboard, something Homey should have done years ago,
My problem is also with the insights, i get an error : log not found HP19.
Is there a way to resolve this ?
Kind regards, Dj.

alr reported :upside_down_face:

Anyone of you with a HP16 or HP19 want to try running this in the developer portal and tell me if you get an error?

Here: https://tools.developer.homey.app/tools/api-playground

Homey.devices
.getDevices({ online: true })
.then((devices, error) => {
 const first = Object.values(devices).filter(d => d.insights.length > 0)[1].insights[0];
 return Homey.insights.getLogEntries({ id: first.id, uri: first.uri, resolution: 'today' })
});

Sure (HP16)

Ugh, of course your device at index 1 in the list is a boolean. Try incrementing the index in [1] and see if you get a non-error at some other device.

.filter(d => d.insights.length > 0)[1]

Then I have no clue why the insights dashboard widget isn’t working on HP16 or HP19. As this is basically what I’m doing in the dashboard :confused:

I’ll see what I can do, but debugging is difficult without an actual HP16/HP19 to test with.

I can give you access, if you like?

Wow! That would be great! :astonished:
What do you need?

Send you a prive message.

Hi, looking great so far! Nice progress.

A couple of thoughts/requests:

-Option to choose a different wallpaper/background will be great inclusing semi transparent cards
-I am not able to control thermostats yet. Is this right?
-A card with current time and date.

in addition to the toughts/requests from Marcel_Visser
I would like the option to set the refresh rate of a camera to 1 second so that (almost) a stream can be seen.

Hmmm my guess, refreshing a snapshot every second creates a (too) heavy load on Homey?