[APP][Pro] Dashboards

I first trial :slight_smile:

It’s working!
I tried to delete rightmost “image” tile, but instead all other tiles was deleted. And it seems impossible to delete the “image” tile.

Very promising anyhow!

I’ve been messing so much around with widgets and authentication lately, that I actually hadn’t tested something as basic as removing an item :sweat_smile:

It helps if I just invert the filter :wink:

I can also see that images are not displayed for you. Guessing that’s the base url being invalid. Should be fixed now as well :muscle:

Pushing the changes now. Give it up to 10 minutes before it should be updated on GitHub Pages.

Going to: https://skogsaas.github.io/
Leaves me with a blank site?
Even after a ‘clear cache and force reload’

Any errors in the developer console?

I just opened your link on my mobile phone, which has never opened that link before, and it works for me :thinking:

My bad.
Didn’t realise it was my dashboard and had to use the ‘+’ to add devices and flows.
:slight_smile:

How to store dashboard? When refresh, always start from scratch…

Yeah, sorry about that, my mistake. I apparantly only save the dashboard to the browser’s local storage if it does not have the scopes homey or homey.app. Basically that it expects the Dashboard app to be installed on your Homey if any of those scopes exists. I will push an update to fix this.

Online login

Today I’ve received credentials for OAuth login for the online version of the dashboard. This means that you can now login without messing with copying the token from Homey.ink. The permission consent page is a mile long, but actually has less access than Homey.ink.

Head over to https://homeyboard.github.io to test it!

BTW: The login is currently limited to 500 unique users by Athom. When we hit this limit, I have to request Athom to increase this limit. Until then, its first come first serve :wink:

2 Likes

I have tested with both HP2023 and a 2016 and both working great! :slight_smile:
To access two different Homeys you have to erase cookies or use another browser.

Sliders for dimming and target temperature are not working. Can’t move the slider. The same for HP2023 and 2016.

Insights have no curves when testing with 2016. Switches and Flows are working.

Looking good Marcus, really nice!
(I skipped the previous homey.ink “login” procedure, didn’t get it to work)
Pro 2019 here.
Chrome browser @ Android

Finally a dash with free moveable tiles :partying_face::white_check_mark:
Same findings as Morgan, plus it seems to take a while before I can scroll up / down the screen

Looks good, this could turn out very beautiful, but every time I clear my browser history, I have to start again from scratch. What am I doing wrong?

for me it doesn’t seem to work, made an api-key with all the boxes ticked but when i use your link and try local it doesn’t do anything (i think it rejects the api key). works with the cloud version tough. one thing that would be nice if it is possible to set multiple capabilitys on one tile, i have a lot of temp/humidity sensors so if the temp and humidity could go in one tile it saves a lot of room :wink:

i think this is your problem.

Currently it’s only the cloud version that works, as I’m still waiting for Athom to review the installable app after I removed the homey:manager:api permission. I can get the api-key login to work as well, but it will require you to enter the ID or URL to your Homey in an extra textfield. The dashboard currently just assumes it’s hosted on the device itself when doing “local” login, and gets the URL from there. I’ll add it to the list of things to fix :wink:

The “multi-capability on same tile” is already something I’m looking into. You want something like the native Homey app has?
It would make sense to first try to make the dashboard have the same look and feel as Homey already has.

2 Likes
  • Feature: Select between multiple Homeys
  • Feature: Add widgets across different Homeys on the same dashboard
  • Bug: Slider not working
  • Bug: Insight not displayed for HP16 and HP19
  • Bug: Blank screen between spinning loading and rendering widgets @Peter_Kawa?

I’ll add it all to the list, and see what gets fixed first :wink:

2 Likes

That would be perfect, that saves a lot of tiles. And it’s even nicer if you could select wich ones you want for every tile👍🏻

@Morgan or @Peter_Kawa: I’ve pushed some minor changes just to add some error to the Insight widgets in case it fails. You mind checking the error you get?

And I’ve tested the slider capability, and it seems its some kind of issue with the UI library I’m using. When I test a slider that adjust the volume of my TV, it’s impossible to drag the slider up or down right after I save the dashboard. But if I refresh the dashboard, it works. I’ll see what I can do about it, but as the workaround is to just refresh the page after saving, I’m not putting it on the top of my list :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for looking into it.

No, not really, I made a screenvid. It seems to respond better/quicker somehow when I “longpress” the onoff devices
20230817_002940

Also the slider works well now, only it seems to not follow the capability steps (0.5) of the target temp; it seems to use 0.01 steps which is a bit too precise in this case.
I know it’s a work in progress, I just wanted to let you know :wink:

The Insights tiles show this now:

Hello, I am experimenting with this to make a custom board for individual users. But whenever i “open” or refresh the page al actions (capability) get’s “activated” (lights go on and gates are opening…

Wow, that’s new! :exploding_head:
Well, I have no idea what could trigger that. Each widget requires som kind of user-input to trigger capability update. What kind of device are you using? Phone, computer?

What happens if you have a numeric capability, like adjusting the volume of a TV or a thermostat? These capabilities don’t have a simple toggle, and has to be set to a specific value.