[APP][Pro] Dashboards

Obviously too many insights :laughing:
When you mention 5 is the limit, I’m just guessing that it’s because I’ve only added 5 default colors.

And collapsing doesn’t work, I know. It has annoyed me as well, just not enough to fix it yet :joy:

1 Like

:grin: yep, maybe, but if you take a look at my graph, it’s usable. I’m using this graphs on my dashboard to monitor central heating in my house.

As you can see, 3 thermostats on ground floor, 3 actual temperatures in the room, and 3 setpoint’s. The 5th (purple) and 6th (grey colour) can’t be edited… :disappointed_relieved:

I noticed when I changed the title/label/alias of a capability it does not keep that name in the pop-up:

If you only have 1 dashboard, is it possible to jump to that dashboard automatically?
Instead of the dashboard selection menu?

Update 0.11.2 - Fixes

Hi all
I’ve just published some fixes to issues pointed out by you guys.

The capability details view now also use overridden titles.

Insight now supports more than 5 graphs at the same time. If you have more than 5 graphs, it will reuse and cycle through the same 5 colors. So you have to customize colors to your liking. I’ve also fixed the collapsing of insight settings, so you no longer have to select a different insight to collapse the current. It took me like 37 seconds to fix this, so I don’t understand why i haven’t just done it earlier :joy:

8 Likes

Just noticed that diagrams start at 02:00 all the time … I assume a timezone issue (currently UTC+02:00 in Europe).

And another wish: a widget that can combine values/switches/etc from all different devices … e.g. to show all room temperatures in 1 widget.

Otherwise: amazing work!!!

This is a Homey issue I cannot solve. They store data and query data based on UTC. I cannot query based on timestamp, only preset options like today or last6Hours. Selecting today results in UTC+02 for Europe :slightly_frowning_face:

Is there a possibility to add HTML tiles in the near future? I’d love to be able to load in things from external sources :smiley:

2 Likes

Thats a great Idea!

Found out about this project yesterday, and played around the rest of the day. Really amazed what you are doing here, Marcus! Chapeau!

Just some random ideas for further improvement:

• Ability to reorder the different values for insight diagrams (as they also influence the order in the legend)
  • Ability to move legend to bottom
  • Separate optional title for diagrams
  • background color (+transparency) for diagrams
  • as already mentioned in a comment yesterday: widget that can display all different items (values, switches, etc.) from different devices in 1 widget (e.g. all different room tempeartures in 1 widget, or all A/C on-off switches in widget) … ability to apply a custom title
  • background color (+transparency) for widgets (to allow even transparent background)
  • for switches or other things that control something, there should be a possibility to mark them R/O in the setup of the widget (to only show the setting, but disallow changes)
  • advanced: apply different formatting to the capability labels/values in the widgets based on the values (e.g. bold/not bold if on/off, black/grey if on /off, red/green/blue if temperature too high/ok/too low) - this would easily enable to see any unwanted deviations (e.g, huminidity too high).
  • ability to copy/move widgets between dashboards

What else I noticed:

• I use Virtual Devices in Homey to e.g. add some switches to turn certain automations on or off. They appear in the dashboard insights, but the values (on/off = 1/0) are completely nonsense - but maybe a Homey problem
  • if values in the diagram share the same unit, you seem to “bundle” them on the y-axis (which is great!) - so if there are 4 values with W and 2 values with °C, you only show 2 y-axis labels/scales - however I noticed that some devices report “W” some others “kW” or some “KW” … it would be great to find a solution to merge them into one “unit” … sounds a bit tricky however (in my case PV Production in KW, Heat Pump power usage in W, so I cannot combine those into 1 diagram properly)

Again: AMAZING WORK.
And do not misunderstand my “many wishes”. I really appreciate your work and just want to help to improve with some ideas … myself working in IT since 27 years.

Little example with room temperatures, PV Yield, Heat Pump metrics

5 Likes

That’s some great feedback! :heart_eyes:

It’s good to hear that I keep people entertained! Time is a limited resource, so I don’t have time to comment everything, but I’ll make a note of it :star_struck:

2 Likes

Great ideas again. Nice to read.

Agreed😊 I think it’s better you write code instead. Much appreciated!

Some findings and ideas:

• In Firefox @ Android, the popup widgets don’t disappear, I have to reload the page to clear the dash; Chrome works perfect btw.
  • Insight graphs are amazing, is it possible to pick “heat” value line/bar colors?
    Example for temperature:
    • up to 0: blue
      0 to 15: yellow
      15 to 21: green
      21 and up: red
      Impression (yes, inspired by Grafana):
      Screenshot_20230924-150151_Chrome
  • While the time values are hourly, is it an idea to just show the hours without minutes?
    This saves valueable display space imho.
    Like the bottom graph:
1 Like

Already looked into how to implement. Just need to do it at some point :wink:

I’ll think about it. Just need to make sure it’s not required at some resolutions :thinking:

3 Likes

@skogsaas Hi Marcus, don’t know if I found a bug or if it’s my mistake.

After changing the timescale, the bar heights/values per day change

Look at the value of 23/9. The first barchart is correct.

I’m only displaying the data returned by Homey Insights. So I’m guessing this is just another example where Insights aggregate data badly. You can verify that it’s Homey by going to my.homey.app and check the same insight at the same resolutions.

1 Like

I checked and yep, you’re right (of course).

2 Likes

I’m not always right, just ask my wife :rofl:

7 Likes

I have added my Asun-650 (KaKu shutter switch) but I cannot switch them on or off. Did I do something wrong?
Another question, is it possible to change icons on the dashboard or is this on your todo list?

I am wondering if it would be possible to have a way to add yes/no variables to the dashboard so you switch them from yes to no (or otherway around :slight_smile: ) like you switch lights on or off.

1 Like

Just found this app; finally a decent and simple - but good looking - dashboard that lets you save the setup (Homey, shame on you…)

Small issue; I have my browsers in dark mode; the page is darkgrey, and the controls are black. It took me a while to notice anything on the page (only maneged to see them now that the sun has gone down :slight_smile: )

Also the mousepointer is very sensitive to find a point on a graph

Featurerequest? I would like to be able to set/fix the min/max value of the axes

1 Like