[APP][Pro&Cloud] Shelly

having trouble, possibly because my router is BT smart hub. My wired shelly devices communicate fine but my door/window 2 sensors do not. They can be set up initially ok, but their state does not get updated after that. If I am reading the above correctly this is to do with CoAP. I have looked through the Smart hub settings and there is no mention of SNMP or multicast or any of the mentioned settings to play with. Result is that while the shelly app shows door open/closed correctly, Homey does not.

Ok. Thank you.
I’ll guess you don’t need any report now.

If other devices update their status (like power, temperature, etc.) and the DW does not it’s not a CoAP issue. CoAP either works or it dont for all devices connected to the same access point.

There are some issues with the current firmware of the DW sensor though. Allterco Robotics is working on a new firmware (1.10.0) which is supposed to fix these issues. It should be released in the next two weeks. If it still doesnt work afterwards let me know.

1 Like

I need help from you guys. As I dont own most of the Shelly devices it’s sometimes hard to troubleshoot issues. I’m setting up a mock server that allows me to test some parts of the REST API more easily. For this I need the responses of /shelly, /status and /settings of all devices. Below is a table of the responses I already have. If you own a device that is still open please call these endpoints from a browser and send me the responses in a PM. Thanx in advance.

Device Status
Shelly Plug :white_check_mark:
Shelly Plug S :white_check_mark:
Shelly 1 :white_check_mark:
Shelly 1L :red_square:
Shelly PM :white_check_mark:
Shelly 2 Relay :white_check_mark:
Shelly 2 Rollershutter :red_square:
Shelly 3EM :white_check_mark:
Shelly 4Pro :white_check_mark:
Shelly 2.5 Relay :white_check_mark:
Shelly 2.5 Rollershutter :white_check_mark:
Shelly Bulb :white_check_mark:
Shelly Button 1 :white_check_mark:
Shelly Dimmer 1 :white_check_mark:
Shelly Dimmer 2 :white_check_mark:
Shelly Duo :white_check_mark:
Shelly Door Window 1 :red_square:
Shelly Door Window 2 :white_check_mark:
Shelly EM :white_check_mark:
Shelly Flood :white_check_mark:
Shelly Gas :red_square:
Shelly HT :red_square:
Shelly i3 :white_check_mark:
Shelly Motion :white_check_mark:
Shelly RGBW2 Color :white_check_mark:
Shelly RGBW2 4xWhite :white_check_mark:
Shelly Smoke :red_square:
Shelly Uni :white_check_mark:
Shelly Vintage :red_square:
2 Likes

Thanks for reply. I’ll let you know what happens, really hope it happens as without that I don’t see how I can automate my shelly 1 as door controllers. As I use Homey and the manufacturer supplied door remotes Homey has no idea if the doors are open or closed.

So what could be the root cause if my devices do work, but sometimes with huuuuge delays (like half hour or even longer delays before a flow would be executed based on a Shelly status change). would this a CoAP issue or something else?

Thanks!

Firmware issues. Allterco Robotics is working on a new firmware (1.10.0) which will fix some stuff including some bug for the DW sensor. Should be available in a week or two. If the problem persists after 1.10.0 let me know.

Where can we Find the settings?

Hi,

I can help with a few of those, but can you detail what you mean by ‘the responses’ of each of those files? Where can they be found/ extracted and I’ll PM across.

When you go to http://yourshellyip/shelly, http://yourshellyip/status and http://yourshellyip/settings you will get a JSON response containing data. I need that output send to me, preferably formatted using the code formatter button here on the forum.

Maybe I was a bit unclear here, but for me its not about DW sensor, I’m having delays in flow that are executed based upon status updates from Shelly Plug S, Relay 2.5 and Shelly 1 (basically all inputs I own). I guess the firmware update you were talking about only covers the DW one? For now I guess I need to revert back to http setup.

If you know how to run the app from the command line I could make a debug version which might tell more on what’s going on. This sounds weird and I have not heard anyone else about it.

I guess that involves following the steps from the following topic?

This is getting a bit out of my comfort zone but I could give it a try. Can I run both versions in parallel?

No, you will overwrite the app store version but all settings, devices and flows will remain. After debugging you can just install the app store version again. How you can run an app from the command line is described here: [HOW TO] CLI install method

I will create a debug version that will output extra logging for the inputs of the Shelly 1. I need some time to set that up though.

1 Like

Here you go, run this debug version using homey app run to see how the messages for the Shelly 1 and in particular the input state messages come and are being processed.

https://github.com/jghaanstra/cloud.shelly/tree/debug

Hello Shelly users,
I have a question.
I have several shelly-dimmer-2 units.
From only 1 unit I get activity events.
I have Coap enabled. App reset, Homey restarted etc.
The response time of the activity event is unreliable. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn’t and often very slow. (>10 seconds)
Also from my other shelly’s (19 units) I don’t always get activity events.
Any ideas?
Greetings Carel

This really sounds like the behaviour I’m experiencing as well, see a few post back. Maybe you can test with the debug version (1 post up) as well?

Hello,

I also have Shelly Dimmer 2, but I don’t understand how to start scenes with “long press”, there Shelly Dimmer 2 only dims?

How do i enable COAP?

Greetings

Philipp

If you have not enabled the setting to disable CoAP you are already using it. In the first post of this topic you can read how to use the action events.

Hello,

I have already managed to create the flow with trigger “long press”. but with dimmer 2 is so that he then dims at the same time or when I want to dim he performs the action for “long-press”, which is not ideal.

greetings

philipp