[APP][Pro&Cloud] Shelly

dear all I have a question, who has more than 50 shellies? and who works with a synology router / synology mesh system? And homey

Maybe share your flow in a seperate topic so everybody can help you

Hello,

this is the flow:

Tanks

Philipp

Hi!

Enyone who knows how to connect Shelly Button 1 to Homey?
I have find my device in Homey but I dont know how to send the buttomtriggings to Homey.
I can not even see the status of the battery. What I can understand there are no interaktions between the button 1 and the Homey.

Maybe I must fill in a syntax like http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/relay/0?turn=on under forexample
BUTTON LONG PRESSED URL.

I have Homeys latest version 5.0.0 and Shelly app version3.0.26

Some one who please can help me??

Thanks in advance
Regards
/Anders

Hello there

I have a quick question, I tried the Homey App ā€œPower by the Hourā€ and I was informed by the developer that all devices that report the following ā€œmeter_power capabilityā€ should appear for selection. Do you know if your App does report that ā€œflagā€

Thank you and best regards
Alex

Have you read the intructions and troubleshooting from the first post?

Yes

Thank you very much for the fast reply.
This is great news and I am looking forward to using your app.

Best regards
Alex

Hi again,

I have now tried to find instructions (I found 18 notes regarding this).
What I can understund the instructions is for earlier versions off Shelley app.
There are lots of notes so maybe I have missed the one that could guide me.

I would be happy if you please can guide me to the rigt instruction if I have missed it.

Thanks in advance.
/Anders

I have no clue which 18 you are referring to. The instructions are in the first post of this topic.

I am sorry if I am annoying :-). I have followed that instructions and I have found the divice in the Shelly app in Homy. The problem is that it seems that the device not communicat with the Shelly app in the Homey. It does not matter if I push the button short, long, two or three times, there are no reactions at all. I dont even find any kind triggers of to use for create a flow. It does not matter if I use Input 1 turned on or Input 1 turned off as ā€œwhenā€ in the flow, it does not trigg. What I need to know is, how to create a working flow there I use my Shelly button 1 as a trigger (starter of the flow).

Once again I am sorry if I am annoying.

Regards
/Anders

Iā€™m here to help but it seems you are not doing anything with the advice Iā€™m giving you. You say you followed the instructions but in the instructions of the first post there is also information on how to setup a flow which reacts on action events like shortpushes. Hint: itā€™s a generic triggercard under the app but Iā€™m not going to repeat all instructions info here, you just need to read it there. If you have created a flow with the correct triggercard but itā€™s not responding you will need to follow the CoAP troubleshooting guide which is also described there.

Hi!

I nearly start to feel stupid. I can not get it to work. Where do I go wrong,
My setup in the flow is this.

ja mean Yes
When I found the Shelly in the Logic the status is No

And I have disabled CoAP.

I can even see the status of the batteri, which I can not see if CoAP is enabled.

Regards
/Anders

The trigger card you are using is not from my app. I have no idea what it does and canā€™t guarantee it works. Use the action events trigger card from my app as described in the instructions or the input state has changed device trigger card from the Shelly 1 button.

But if the battery state of the device is not updated even though it has changed in the official Shelly app it means your network is not configured correctly for the use of CoAP, see the CoAP troubleshooting guide. Action events like shortpush donā€™t work when CoAP is not working or has been disabled. These battery operated device donā€™t work well with http polling either as they are asleep most of the time.

If you canā€™t get CoAP to work in your network, you will have to wait a week or two until there is a new firmware for the Shelly which brings unicast support. This avoids network issues.

Hi,

I really have to apologize. I completely missed your special app (see attached) for managing the flow. You must be wondering if I really knew what I was doing. Have not seen this solution before so that is the explanation. As you say, I need to wait for the next firmware for my Button 1 because I do not get SoAP to work in my network. Again I apologize.

Have a good weekend.

Regards
Anders

1 Like

hi! clearly my network dont support CoAP, values like temperature comes in correctly if i disable CoAP in the app. will where be unicast support for triggers like long and shortpress in the future? :slight_smile:
i use those triggers for many things and it all stopped working now even if i use the new triggercard witch btw seams to be awesome :slight_smile:

Allterco Robotics is working on a new firmware for Shelly devices which will support unicast (v1.10.0). Plan is to release this firmware in the upcoming week (and today as public beta but Iā€™m not sure if they will make that deadline as there are still some issues). All integration developers are currently helping out testing this new firmware. I have already updated my app to support unicast which I will release once the firmware becomes available. That should solve your problems and brings back the action events.

1 Like

Did I understand correctly that the firmware update will restore the original functionality? Everything works with the original Shelly app - is that correct so that it is irrelevant to my problem in the Homey app? In your opinion, should I wait for the firmware update or ask our network administrator to ensure that Coap is working correctly?
Thank you and best regards
axel

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure what you mean with that. Iā€™m not going back to HTTP polling from the 1.x version of the app if that is what you are suggesting. With HTTP polling Homey needs to ask every device for itā€™s status which generates a lot of traffic and always lags behind. With CoAP the devices can push their status to Homey when there is an update which is much more responsive and only generates network traffic on events. The current implementation of CoAP uses multicast though which does not work well on some network configurations. The change that Allterco Robotics is implementing and which Iā€™m adopting in my app is CoAP over unicast. This should work a lot better on most if not all network configurations.

Sorry, Iā€™m not as very deep into the matter as you are. Those were more questions of understanding. Ok, so CoAP is the right thing and you do improve that with unicast. In this case I have to check why our network doesnā€™t support CoAP or would you advise that I wait for the update first, as unicast may solve my problems?

If you can wait up to a week Iā€™d say wait for it.