[APP][Pro&Cloud] Shelly

question about shelly EM. Are the clamps accurate? Is it possible to connect directly to a group, withputthe clamps that is?

In the Shelly forum it’s stated that the accuracy is about 98%. The clamps are calibrated (I guess the device is calibrated with the particular clamps it’s shipped with) and you can’t use other clamps.

Assuming you mean “without”: no. The clamps are for measuring loads up to 120A and 50A, way too much for the device’s relay to handle.

Thanks! 98% is not that good… I am looking for a good system to measure energyoutput from my groups. I have bought some 1PM but to put 10 of them with wago’s in my fusebox is not the way to go.

Can I ask for what purpose do you need such good accuracy?

23 solar panels, an EV, heatpump, induction etc. On 10.000 kWh 2% is not going to cut it

Why not? An regular consumer smart meter also has an accuracy of 2%, I think that if you want (significant) better accuracy you’ll have to venture into the realm of industrial or scientific measurement devices that require regular calibration.

Then you need a 3 phase unit. Or a 3 phase kWh meter with Modbus and a Modbus to Ethernet and the Modbus app on the Homey.

Okey you want to use it on these devices but what are you planning to do with the measurement?

If the measurement is used for billing I understand that the 2% isn’t enough, but I can’t figure any other use case that you could need more accurate measurement.

Consumer smart meters in NL have an accuracy of 2%, and those are used for billing :stuck_out_tongue:

:smiley: Are you sure? In Finland the accuracy is typically 0,2% for instrument transformers and around 0,2% for the measurement device so total error could be around 0,4%. Don’t know the actual requirements but these are usually used.

EDIT: You are right the requirement is also 2% in Finland :blush:, but it those accuracies above are commonly used.

Have a few Plug S.
Since a few days 2 of them got unreachable from homey. They have fixed IP, latest firmware and work without problem from the native Shelly app.
I deleted one Plug S in Homey.
When I add it again it is shown but then I get the message host unreachable.
No idea how to get the plug S back to Homey?
Please advice.

My house is self sustainable, for insurance purposes I need to know what my own usage is and what the system installed is using.

Signal lost?

As the message indicates Homey can not reach that IP address. I see more and more issues with Homey’s networking capabilities. There is not much I can do about it, as far as I can tell this is not something I can fix within my app.

It would be interesting to see if others apps also have issues connecting to that IP. You could for instance try to make a flow with the logica "make a webrequest” card to http://192.168.0.72/status and see if that also fails. If so, it’s for sure a Homey issue.

Hmm, thanks for enlighting me! So I’m just nitpicking :wink: I’ll accept the 2% then. Still some clamps are not my first choice.

The 4pro does the job but is only 10A.

There are not much (cheap) options left?

I don’t think the 4PRO supports power measurements.

Yes it does

I guess I’m looking at a different 4PRO than you are then :stuck_out_tongue:

https://shelly.cloud/knowledge-base/devices/shelly-4pro/

Oh duh, I was looking at the Sonoff 4PRO :joy: