[APP][Pro&Cloud] Shelly

Thank you very much.

We’ll see if anyone starts complaining about this change.

Can somebody explain why have fine working triggers been removed?
I am deeply unhappy with this. Firstly because my flows stopped working without any notice, and when I finally found out wat the problem was, I had to modify a lot of things to get it working again.
Secondly because as far as I know, I now have to register the devices via the Shelly cloud. Registering via the Shelly Cloud is an unneccesary privacy hazard. I’d like to keep the communication of shelly devices within my own network and don’t like to give a chinees server control over them. Is there any way to get these triggers back? Is there more loss of functionality on the development schedule?

1 Like

The fact that you have not read the numerous communication about this does not mean there hasnt been any notice about it. This has been communicated well over a year ago and has since been mentioned several times in the changelog. Also the devices effected by this have been showing a deprecation notice for well over a year.

If you are using Homey Pro you can not even add devices over Shelly Cloud. The driver for adding Shelly devices over the cloud is not available on Homey Pro.

Allterco Robotics isnt a Chinese company. They are located in Bulgaria and follow European legislation guidelines.

You can side load a previous version of the app.

Nothing has been lost, please do you homework before you start ranting here. You have absolutely no idea and obviously have no respect for how much work goes into maintaining apps. Responses like these are very demotivation.

3 Likes

You are probably right that my tone was a little bit off. I apologise for that. Also I might have been wrong on a few things but dismissing me in this way doesn’t feel entirely fair either.

Regarding communication, I think I will be far from the only one not to keep up with communication on forums. Lots of users will, once flows are working nicely, never look at it again. Also for a lot of people, the shelly app will be on auto-update so you won’t notice updates being installed, let alone see the change notice. I think for a developer that should be a consideration when introducing disruptive changes.

And yes there is this notice popping up in the homey app saying “this device might not be supported in the future” but that sounds far away and that notice has been there for a very long time without anything happening. If that notice would have read “this device will start to loose functionality shortly”, of course I would have paid attention.

I opened your link to read the announcement of the changes and see that back then it read: “Your already paired devices will continu to function” So even if I would have seen the announcement, I might not have seen this problem coming.

Regarding privacy and cloud: When I try adding a Shelly device to my Homey through the new procedure, on the first page of the adding procedure it says “First add the device to the Shelly Smartphone app”. I stopped there as adding a device to the Shelly Smartphone app means Shelly can track it and potentially has control over it, which to me is a privacy concern. From that, I might have wrongly concluded that the Shelly-Homey app uses the cloud connection as well. But regardless, as long as it requires the shelly device to be connected to the Shelly smartphone app, the privacy concern stays.

For now I have solved things by using webhooks as triggers and switching auto-update off and so still managed to refrain from registering my devices in the Shelly smartphone app.

Again I am sorry if I have offended you, that was not my intention. My mood was a bit off-set because of the problems with my flows.

I have no control over that text, this is the text that is shown by the Homey app when a developer sets a driver as deprecated.

I dont feel the need for a pissing contest but the way I see it. Even if my communication would have been pixel perfect I do not reach all users. Some users choose to ignore warnings and not read announcements through the various communication channels. The end result is that stuff breaks when you dont expect it. Since you are one of those users, please do advice me on how to communicate breaking changes in the app. These breaking changes do happen from time to time to keep the app stable and manageable.

The only real requirement is that it’s connected to the same LAN . As the average user uses the Shelly smartphone app to do so it’s communicated that way.

1 Like

Hi, I’m having issues adding my Pro 3EM via WiFi (this is on the same LAN as Homey Pro 2023). While your app finds the device, I receive the following error message:

No suitable device config found. This device might not be supported yet, please report this to the developer. Device has hostname:ShellyPro3EM

I’ve run a report if that helps: 0735fe15-ef4e-4c37-b2d0-939fa2043644.

I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong.

My work around is through Home Assistant - I’ve managed to add the two devices I have to Home Assistant via Bluetooth, and access the sensor data in Homey via the Homey HA community homey app. I have issues getting these devices to connect to my Eero mesh network - I only managed to get 1 of them to connect, so not that happy with Shelly so far.

Thanks for your assistance.

This device is supported and I havent heard of any previous issues. The error suggests it can not find the device config but it’s there. Could there have been a network hickup during pairing? Have you tried multiple times with the same result?

Just to be sure, could you post the output of http://yourshellyip/shelly ?

I have difficulties to connect a relay, Shelly Pro 1, to my Homey Pro.
I get this error message.
The relay fully function in the Shelly app.

What to do?

Read the error and follow the instructions as mentioned in it.

Coincidentally, I have the EXACT same problem, right now, as @Julia_M just posted 3h ago :slight_smile:

@Phuturist , that output for me is:

{“name”:null,“id”:“shellypro3em-34987a44dfb8”,“mac”:“34987A44DFB8”,“slot”:0,“model”:“SPEM-003CEBEU”,“gen”:2,“fw_id”:“20240223-141900/1.2.2-g7c39781”,“ver”:“1.2.2”,“app”:“Pro3EM”,“auth_en”:false,“auth_domain”:null,“profile”:“triphase”}

Ok, I see what is going on. I’ll fix this with the next release.

1 Like

Hi, I’m facing with an interesting issue.
My 3EM has some periodic peak on phase 1 where the measured current jump up to the same amount of the total current. I’ll check this in the Shelly own web interface and it’s not visible there, so it’s looks like a Homey app issue.
Is anybody faced something like this before?
It’s only affects the phase 1 not visible on the other 2 phase.

1 Like

Have the same problem with a new Pro 3EM.

Thanks for the prompt response. I’ve tried several times and get the same error message. My output is

{“name”:null,“id”:“shellypro3em-c8f09e831f0c”,“mac”:“C8F09E831F0C”,“slot”:0,“model”:“SPEM-003CEBEU”,“gen”:2,“fw_id”:“20240223-141900/1.2.2-g7c39781”,“ver”:“1.2.2”,“app”:“Pro3EM”,“auth_en”:false,“auth_domain”:null,“profile”:“triphase”}

As mentioned above, it’s a bug that will be fixed with the next release.

I have the same problem add the Pro 4 PM :frowning:

Than the same advice applies. Read the actual error at the end of the message and follow it.

I have done that but it didnt solve the problem. Ive got the same error.

It worked till yesterday :frowning:

Shelly error

This is not the same error as the one you initially referenced. This error says that Homey cant reach your device. Follow the networking troubleshoot guide from the first post.

I have tried everything now and I cant find any error on my network.
I have other Shelly on the sane access point and they are working great.
What can I do?