[APP][Pro&Cloud] Shelly

The auto start checkbox isn’t enabled unlike your other script advice. On every reboot of the device the Homey BLE script now doesn’t restart. Just enable that checkbox.

Sorry, but whenever I started the script again, I also switched the switch on the right side back on. I don’t think that can be the problem.

It stopped the script and the switch was off again. As you can see in the picture, it looks like this again after a while, even though I started the script and switched the switch back on.

Starting the script with the play button on the left is independent of the toggle button on the right which sets the start up behaviour of the script after a device reboot. So that at least indicates a possible problem with Shelly firmware and might actually be related.

And this happens without you changing any other settings (especially Bluetooth related settings like changing the Bluetooth Gateway setting allowing to sync Bluetooth devices with Shelly Cloud)?

[EDIT] While checking this I did notice a bug in the Shelly app for Homey when adding the script and where it should enable auto start after adding. I will fix that with the next release. But setting that toggle manually should fix that and it shouldnt be related to the script stopping out of itself (or due to something else).

It’s not an issue with the app. I just tested this on a freshly paired Shelly Plus i4 and it works fine for all inputs. So it’s either something with your flows (double check them), the device config (make sure the inputs are set to button) or the connection (although that does not seem the case as events from input 1 work).

1 Like

I’m sorry, that was clearly my mistake. I had all the other Shellys in button mode, I just forgot the i4. Thanks for your help!

Hello

i have Problem with the Shelly BLU Door/Window Sensor.
there the door is closed

now the door is open

but i get no Information. Somebody from the German Peopel in the German forum explain the same. in Homeassistent it is working

thanks al lot

What does this mean, I see no errors. The only thing I see from the screenshots is that the state is registered correctly but there is a strange issue where the open are is hardly visible. That could be a bug in the Homey app but would be unrelated to this Shelly sensor.

What is your actual issue?

For Shelly Plus 2 PM in a cover mode detecting idle stat is not working. If I also manually set idle (O button) it shifts back to up. App version 3.27.3

native Shelly app

That’s a bit of a semantic thing. The windowcoverings_state has three states called up, down and idle. I’m currently setting the value to up when the shutters are opening but als when being fully opened. Shelly has different states for this but Homey hasnt. But setting it as up or down when it’s actually fully up or down allows you to use it as condition. Setting it to idle when it not moving either when it’s up or down or neither isnt useful in that case.

Hi Phuturist

the Blue Door Windows there is one Sensor for Tilt an a other Sensor for open or Close

for Tilt i can say is the tilt open an for the other i can say is the Door open. thats the different.
But Homey can only open and Close not the tilt

There is a tilt trigger card with the tilt value as token. You can use that as condition in a logic card.

Is it possible that this problem is related to rebooting Homey?
I actually reboot Homey every night. Since I have switched this off, it seems to be working.

Correct, it’s a bug that is already identified and will be fixed in the next release.

Hi

thats my Flow but it doesnt work

Something wrong there in the Flow?

Did you try to just send the token to a notification to see if it’s changed and what the value is?

Thank you very much for your help and support.

Hi

how can i do that?

Sorry but i am newbie in the Homey

Simply remove the and section and pass the #toke value to the notification body. That way you’ll see if the value changes at all and what that value is.

If you go under the sensor and check the tilt value, is it correct?

In this case, how do I know that the blinds are no longer moving?

Example flow I have with the Shelly 2.5 and it works, but with the Shelly Plus 2 PM it won’t work because the state will be down whether the blinds are moving or not (because they will be fully closed).

Even if I add, an additional condition if the state is down and the position is 0 this will not work, because if I change the position with the slider to 0, the position value is updated immediately and the blinds start closing (moving down).

If they are fully closed or open, this when trigger will not be executed.

Background: I have Venetian blinds and Shelly doesn’t currently support tilting, so I added this support by myself and that this works correctly the blinds should be in idle mode before changing to reverse movement.

Conditions for Shelly 2.5:

• Up: when is opening → moving up
  • Down: when is closing → moving down
  • Idle: when is not moving

Get the position of the blinds with a logic card

• 1: Fully open
  • 0: Fully closed
  • 0.01 - 0.99: 1 % - 99 % open

I might regret it because other users might expect the current behaviour but I’ll change it with the next release.

2 Likes