[APP][Pro&Cloud] Shelly

That’s exactly what I just did. I added this identifier to the existing Shelly HT Gen2 config. That will allow it to pair just fine on the next release.

Hi,

If this has been previously asked, pleae direct me.

Is it correct that Homey only sees the Shelly Wifi devices within the same network (Homey’s network)?

thank you

Yes, unless you have specific network configuration the mDNS broadcast messages from Shelly devices do not travel outside the connected network.

I just added this device to another SSID than Homey and I can’t import it.

Also, when you are in the window to choose devices, it seems like only the mac address is showing, not the device name I set in Shelly cloud.

If those SSID’s are not in the same LAN it will not work.

Having the device name show up in the discovery wizard would mean an extra HTTP request to each device when doing a discovery scan. For users with a lot of devices this could result in performance issues on Homey during pairing and is therefor not desirable. It shows the unique identifer and IP address which are available in the mDNS broadcast of the device.

1 Like

Darn… :frowning:
That sux. I guess its just to start the hard work and get it over with as I did last time.
Thanks for help and support

When testing the Homey (cloud only) there is a device called “Any Shelly Cloud Device” that can add devices on other networks to my cloud instance. Have some temperature sensors in other buildings.

On my Homey Pro this option is not there. Is it possible to add this so we can utilize sensors on other networks?

Technically it might be possible but I wont be adding it to Homey Pro. It will be too confusing for the average user that doesn’t know the difference. They might even pair devices over cloud that are in the local network and have a reduced experience because of it.

If you are experienced enough you could create a virtual device and have the sensor push it’s value to your Homey Pro to integrate it using webhooks.

I would appreciate it if some users (both Cloud and Pro) could do a smoke test on the version available in the test channel. Nothing in particular to test, just that everything works as before.

@Phuturist
There was an update for Button:

For me it does (Homey Pro)

Hello @Phuturist,

Since some time I noticed that my Shelly plus PM mini was showing 3 energy icons in the Homey app.
Only one is giving the correct value, the other two stay blank.
Everything is working fine, but it looks a bit odd i think.

I tried resetting the device itself, Homey, the Shelly app, and deleted and added the device again in my Homey. Sadly it didn’t help.

Do you have any idea if this is someting in the app or is there something I can do to resolve this?

Kind regards,
Koen

Good to hear, thanx for the heads up.

Thanx!

One of these is the power returned value. It was added recently as a separate value to gen2 and gen3 devices by Allterco Robotics. Release 3.25.2 of the app for Homey will add it to this device including the correct naming. It will require a re-pair though to show the correct name. The other I’m not sure. Could you post the output of http://yourshellyip/rpc/Shelly.GetStatus using a code block.

Sure I can

{"ble":{},"cloud":{"connected":false},"mqtt":{"connected":false},"pm1:0":{"id":0, "voltage":232.0, "current":0.000, "apower":0.0 ,"freq":50.1,"aenergy":{"total":38715.628,"by_minute":[0.000,0.000,0.000],"minute_ts":1705602904},"ret_aenergy":{"total":0.000,"by_minute":[0.000,0.000,0.000],"minute_ts":1705602904}},"sys":{"mac":"543204AA38EC","restart_required":false,"time":"19:35","unixtime":1705602905,"uptime":3515,"ram_size":263248,"ram_free":158372,"fs_size":393216,"fs_free":81920,"cfg_rev":22,"kvs_rev":1,"schedule_rev":0,"webhook_rev":0,"available_updates":{},"reset_reason":3},"wifi":{"sta_ip":"192.168.0.205","status":"got ip","ssid":"Koentjes","rssi":-78},"ws":{"connected":true}}

Thanx. Based on this there should only be two energy measurement values. I might have made a mistake when I first added the device. Please re-pair the device on app version 3.52.2. That should get rid of the extra energy capability and will rename the other. If the issue still occurs on that version, please let me know by then.

The problem is that the tiles are so small that I don’t see the whole IP address. Is this possible to fix?

I also need to change the SSID and IP settings of my Shelly devices. How is the easiest way to do this?

Not by me but I already suggested an improvement to Athom 1,5 years ago. Still waiting for a response. You can add to the Github issue to give it some more momentum.

With SSID I assume you mean to which WiFi the Shelly is connected. This is out of scope for me but you probably need to update them one by one. Changes in IP address should be updated automatically if the IP address of Homey does not change. In this case the Shelly will report it’s status to Homey and Homey will notice it comes from a different IP and will update the IP address of the device in Homey. So make sure Homey keeps the same IP address within your LAN.

Probably not for this thread but can you point me in the right direction how to accomplish this? Have a few and plan on adding more temperature sensors that are not on my network. Basically in other buildings etc…

Use Shelly webhooks to post the sensor data to a Homey webhook and create a virtual device which is updated based on this data.

2 Likes