[APP][Pro&Cloud] Shelly

Dear Phuturist,
I have similar problem like user “bot” above and cannot finalize pairing on my Shelly device (a Shelly Plus 1). All firmware up to date. I saw that you helped bot with analyzing a diagnostics code - could you please check mine as well and I can go from there…

Here it is (from the Shelly app): 8c04e53f-4c33-4ef7-8736-05e4fcf4c16e

Thanks in advance. I have already restarted the Shelly, the Homey, but not the router yet.

This is is the log. Try rebooting your router.

cause: Error: connect EHOSTUNREACH 192.168.1.213:80
      at TCPConnectWrap.afterConnect [as oncomplete] (node:net:1494:16) {
    errno: -113,
    code: 'EHOSTUNREACH',
    syscall: 'connect',
    address: '192.168.1.213',
    port: 80
  }
}
1 Like

Thanks, I will do this when back at home and see other possible resolutions in the thread, seems like a quite common problem. Out of curiosity, why is that it seems to be much more networking related issues with the Homey app than the native app or Google Home, which (for me) works very smoothly - are they using different APIs?

It worked! A bit of magic, but that I can take. Thanks!

1 Like

My opinion (and I cant really proof it) is that the network stack of Homey is not all that stable and is causing strange networking issues from time to time. But I also see some strange networking issues with Shellies though from time to time … :thinking:

1 Like

I’m looking for some people that can test the version currently in test channel. It includes some potentially breaking changes in how the app works. I tested it but it’s nice to also have it tested in the wild before publishing it live. The only thing that needs testing if the app still works as expected.

You can switch back and forward between test and live without loosing devices and flows.

3 Likes

I installed it and have 2 things

1- it takes a while for a shelly 1pm sees the energie when i set the device on or off. I have one installed on my mirror heating and uses 70 watts. When i set it on in the app the device goes on immediately, and on the shelly app you see the power direct. But on the homey app it takes more than a minute.

2- the wifi symbol is gone at the wifi rssi value, PS: the symbol does appear in the web app

Thanx, but both these issues are most likely not caused by any code changes of this release.

1. gen1 devices not updating instantly usually means there is something wrong with CoAP / CoIoT. Nothing changed here in this release and I cant reproduce it so I dont think it’s a bug in this release but something on your end. If the issue persists (also with the current live version) follow the networking troubleshoot guide from the first post.

2. this is a bug in Homey sometimes, reloading the app could fix it.

1 Like

Aah okay, just measured time and takes about 40 seconds before it sees the value in homey, not really a disaster. Thought it took longer. will look to troubleshoot guide. thank you

did a app reloading but symbol is not there. also not really a big thing.

just looked at it, but I see a difference.

my device ip = 109 at the end, my homey having 132 at the end and as you can see the ColoT is 118 at the and of the ip.

Does this need to bee 132 or 109?

all my other devices are also 118 at the and when I look to it at the webpage

“Delayed status updates for gen1 devices”

yes I know he said that en I read that, but

if I read this, the 118 need to be the 132 (the last of the homey IP). but I think why is it working now? the last numbers are not from homey.

thats more the question, maybe I having it wrong and is 118 at the and complet normal

If your Homey is on 132, you should use that.

FWIW, IP addresses ending somewhere between 100 and 200 usually means they are from a DHCP pool. Is Homey’s IP address fixed to 132? If not, and it gets a new IP address somewhere in the future, you’ll end up with the same issue and need to update all your devices again to point to the new IP address.

oke thank you, i will try that. I have all my wifi devices set with static IP, so also homey

Just adjust all the ip’s to the correct one. There is nothing changed.

Dont know why, my internet is fine. Strenght of signal is okay. And all my settings seems to be correct.

And when i send a signal to the device(s) (shelly 1pm’s) on or off it does that immediately. Only the values are not reporting immediately Where they used to did.

Only my shelly uni with voltage updates direct with the same speed and values as the shelly own app does. I dont know if i need to report this to athom or here?

The IP that can be found under the CoIoT setting of a Shelly gen1 device is the IP address of Homey at the time of pairing. If it’s set to *.118 and your Homey IP is now *.132 it means the IP address of Homey has switched since pairing the device. If you havent changed anything in the mean time it means you do not have static IP assignment and the issue can reoccur, for instance on a router reboot.

About the devices still not updating after manually changing the CoIoT setting. Changing this settings requires a reboot of the Shelly. Did you reboot them after changing the value?

yes, i think my 2019 pro had the *118 ip and with switching to the 2023 pro is changed. And i didnt look if the ip was the same, i just set the new 2023 Pro ip to static.

i didnt try this one, gone do tonight and let you know if this solve the reporting speed.

thank you

this did solved it! It reports immediately again.

Thank you both for the help and info @robertklep and @Phuturist

1 Like

About this one, my homey did several restarts and also the app did restarts, but the wifi symbol isnt showing.

Today i add two new plus S devices and they also dont show the symbol.

It doesnt bother me, but just that you know.

Hi,
All works great for me after the “magic router restart”, but I have a small query that I would like to ask:

On the insights for my Shelly Plus 1, I can only get device temperature. Is there any way to also get the state of the switch (marked below)? Being a newbie, maybe I am missing something…and apologize in advance if so :slight_smile: