[APP][Pro&Cloud] Shelly

Not in the Homey app. It’s either being reset after a power cycle or it’s a limitation in the Shelly firmware.

The Sehlly Button 1 has no function at the moment, can you investige this bug ?
I only see the battery of the device, notheing else. Can’t use the button to start a flow.

It should be working with homey as mentioned in Shelly in a Smart Home | Talks with Homey

It’s not a bug but a user error. Read the first post is this topic on how to use the generic action event trigger card.

No it’s not !
It simply doesn’t work.
Screenshot_20230117-171120|230x500

Hi, Shelly Cloud has at the moment no function in Homey Bridge beta? I haven’t access to my 40 Shelly Devices, they have all no function. Please proof, thanks in advance.

Over here it works fine. You need to complete your flow with a action card.

Same problem at the moment here. My Shelly 4pm devices seem to be unavailable. Restart of homey cloud/beta system via developer tools did not help, neither did reinstalling the Shelly app.

No need for exclamation marks. Just because it doesnt work for you doesnt mean it’s a bug. I just tested it to be absolutely sure. No issues whatsoever and now also confirmed as working by another user. Follow the troubleshooting guide from the first post to identify any communication issues.

There has been a breaking change for Homey Cloud in the latest release of the Shelly app. Devices paired with the deprecated cloud driver need to be re-paired as this driver has now been removed. This was announced some weeks ago and a deprecated warning has been showing during these last weeks for these devices. There was an issue with that driver that could not be solved programmatically.

Allright, then I know what to do. I guess I missed the warning as I haven’t been paying attention to it for the last weeks and just noticed today it’s not working anymore. Thanks for all the work you’re putting in this app in general!

The button has no connection issue, i see the button presses in the shelly app - so it’s successfully connected to the cloud. Anyhow shelly does not report any action event to homey. Every other device; shelly one + temp, Motion 1&2, Plug S, Door/Window work as designed.

I tested this to work with Homey Pro. Although I previously tested it with Homey Cloud as well I have not verified this with the latest release. Are you using Homey Cloud?

Yes Homey Cloud :slight_smile:

Will be fixed with the next release.

1 Like

I have a shelly button 1 and I programmed an action

and the URL works when i enter it in a browser and my lamp toggles as it should but it doesnt work when i press the shelly button, it just blinks white then steady green and ends with blinking blue

Am I on the right way, is there anyway to debug this on the shelly side?

Its a homey pro and the cloud is disabled on the button

My question would be, why use webhooks and not just the generic action event trigger card from the app? Sending webhooks is less reliable as it’s lower in priority than the CoAP updates used by the Shelly app.

If you really want to use webhooks perhaps someone else can help you out with this, it’s out of scope for the support on the Shelly app.

did find it

thanks

@Phuturist hello, I have a problem with two SHELLY EM. I use them to keep undercontrol the garage and apartment consumption. Specifically a flow defines the maximum Ampere my tesla can adsorb considering the total consumption of my house and the maximum power available from the provider. It happened, twice already, during night, at 3 and at 4 am, that both shelly EM (in homey, not in the shelly app), stopped updating the power and of course this led to over absorption and the current provider cut the electricity. I managed to have the shelly measuring again after restarting shelly app in homey.

In the picture you can see the power consumption that becomes flat and than after 3 hours the electricity provider cut the service.

I doubt that this is caused by the Shelly app, it’s more likely caused by Homey’s quite unstable networking (which also causes issues for other apps). I wouldn’t trust Homey for anything like this.

Could be two things. Like Robert mentions above, it could be the network stack from Homey causing issues. As this seems to be an issue for more apps I wouldn’t recommend such vital flows like yours on Homey. It’s not something I can fix.

Another possible cause could the the memory leak that is still present somewhere in the app and affects some users. You can see this under app memory usage of your Insights page. If you see a steady rising line here it is. If that is the case, do you have more Shelly devices that might be causing reconnect issues. This seems to contribute to the memory leak.

Thanks for your fast feedback. I’ll give a look at it. I have many shally devices.