[APP][Pro&Cloud] Shelly

Not sure if this really helps with the memory leak. Still a lot of the same code is touched by the generic driver. Removing the plus and pro drivers will mainly help in app footprint and performance during install and app init.

Other improvements have been made in an attempt to fix the memory leak. It’s improved a lot but if it’s truly gone only time will tell. Keep an eye out and let me know.

Hi, i want to connect a Shelly 1 to my Homey… unfortunately i become always a error message:

10-09-_2022_13-09-25

what can I do
thanks for help

It says Homey can’t reach your Shelly. So it’s either your wifi or Homey’s networking stack. Both our out of my hands.

Try rebooting Homey or fix your network.

I started homey, shelly is available

the Homey and the Shelly are on the same network

shelly is avaiable with the browser…

So it’s Homey’s notoriously bad networking. Did you reboot/PTP already?

I have the same problem, homey disconnects and shelly is reacheble from web. Set up a ping agains the shely, and there is zero dropouts . Therefor is not the wifi network. Restarts the shelly app on homey, and everything connects again. Have now put a flow to do it automaticly. The app is very unstable at the moment

The app isn’t responsible for WiFi/networking, it has to rely on Homey’s underlying core for that. Which is, as already pointed out, not very stable.

Yes. I understand, but it can also be the way that the Shelly app is overflowing Homeys networks stack, or other releated problems.

• I’m not the only one reporting this problem
  • All the other network depended apps are working.
  • Resetting only the Shelly app makes alle the Shelly device respond again for a few hours.

The Shelly app is hardly the only app that has this issue, I regularly receive crash reports for my HomeyKit app that point to similar issues (even though it’s a completely different app from the Shelly app). Also, if the app would overflow Homey’s networking stack, other network-dependent apps wouldn’t be able to work (Homey apps don’t run in virtual machines or containers with their own networking stack).

Besides that, the error in question (EHOSTUNREACH) makes absolutely no sense at all, it’s saying that Homey has no idea how to route packets to a device on the local network, even though you’re able to connect to Homey via that same local network.

It’s only a handful of users experiencing these issues. Although I won’t rule out it could be something related to my app I have enough experiencing by now to know there is something flaky with Homey’s networking stack. I understand it’s easier to blame the developer, also because there is a higher change on getting a decent response but really solving these issues is probably out of my hands. But I’m interested to know what Shelly devices you have paired and do send me a diagnostic report after the app has been running for some time. I’m interested to see what is in there.

Hi. Thank you soo much, I’ll send you an report tomorrow. I installed the new test version a couple of hours ago. And want to see if the problems presist.

I’ve many different Shelly devices, from Shelly Plug, Shelly Plug S, Shelly 1PM, Shelly Plus 1PM, Shelly Plus 2PM(this have poor WiFi reseption,but not the onlyone losing connection). Have removed and added all of them again with the new drivers a month or two ago.

The EHOSTUNREACH errors are mainly on 192.168.10.41. Could you try the step 3 of the networking troubleshooting guide from the first post for networking issues to see if you can reach the device when the app says the device is unreachable. As endpoint you can use /shelly instead of /settings as in the example flow.

I do see a couple of connection reset errors (ECONNRESET) on 12:00, are you doing aynthing special at 12:00?

Hi,

I am experiencing an issue with my Shelly Pro 4PM. Homey sends an On command to any of the 4 relays inside, but none actually switches on. This is the same for switching Off. When I restart the app it works for some time. Is this the same issue as described above?

Homey v8.06-rc 1 (Pro early 2019)

App version3.12.0 (test)

Have you read the latest release notes and re-paired your Shelly Pro 4PM with the new generic driver?

I have, yes.
The firmware version of the Pro 4PM is 0.11.0, it was installed before the device was paired to Homey.

Edit: I had to enter the IP address to pair the device.

Hmmm, it could be an issue with manual pairing but also (and perhaps more likely), if the device was not auto discovered chances are the device and Homey cant communicate correctly. Are both devices in the same LAN and no firewall is blocking traffic on the network? What happens if you test step 3 from the networking troubleshoot guide from the first post?

I was not able to test step 3. I don’t know what to enter in Headers and body:
49908FB7-4BA6-4C15-83F4-54E0C172A702_4_5005_c
I have removed the device again. Restarted Homey and also the Homey app. Then it finds the Device automatically. I will put the 4 relays in the flows again.
Will let you know what happens.

Hi @Eddy_Poot,

I had the same thing since I added my Shelly pro 4pm. My dirty fix however was to create a flow that restarts the app every hour and I did not have any issues since. Not the best fix i know… But it works for me

This doesnt sound like a fix for his issue because he is not able to control the device at all and my guess is that now he was able to re-pair with with the auto discovery option he has no issues anymore.

And I doubt it you still need this “fix” yourself. I’d be interested to look at another diagnostic report after your device does not respond anymore.