[APP][Pro&Cloud] Shelly

I have replied to your diagnostic report pretty report. Some users experience a memory leak but I have not been able to identify this.

Thatā€™s very good news @Phuturist . I kinda expected 2 and 3 to be non-shelly related and non-fixable.

In regard to your reply to @Rikkta_Hd , I also reported a memory leak a few weeks back but in the meantime I switched to the unified driver and things are looking weird in the app-profiling graphs, but so far I havenā€™t had new crashes. I restarted the app a lot, so it might still happen once I leave it for a while.

Should they reoccur I am going to post again, so maybe we can put some info together and investigate it ourselves.

It would really help if a pattern is to be found among the users that have this issue. Is it number of devices, high number of one device, a specific device, the combination of using gen1 and gen2 (Plus/Pro) devices. Iā€™m in the dark right now.

And there is other stuff to try out when you have the skills to install debug versions like disabling certain features and see what effect that has on the memory usage (like disabling polling).

Version 3.10.11 contains fixes for not being able to set the ā€œwhats plugged inā€ for multichannel relay devices and devices with roller shutter capabilities still showing in the pairing wizard after being paired.

Thanx to @robertklep it also contains a couple of changes that might have an effect on the memory leak. For users affected by this, please keep an eye out on the result and report back here.

Hi
Iā€™am still trying to repair all my devices.
Iā€™am almost done, only some Shelly 1pmā€™s left.
With the newest version get an error in my.homey.app after applying my username and passwort.
Error 1pm

There is no error in the Homey Android app.
Both ways the device does not appear.
Thanks for your support

Hi

Iā€™m having problem with connect my new Shelly TRVs to my homey pro.

I got one connecting yesterday without any problems. But today i canā€™t get the 2 other ones in. I have tried resetter both TRVs and my homey with no luck.

It seems like they connect because they calibrate but the tile doesnā€™t show up.

Also i get 3 other random ā€œShelly devicesā€ when i they and connect them. Itā€™s seems like itā€™s a copy of the ones shown with IP.

I hope for a fix soon so my summer doesnā€™t get any hotter.

Thanks in advance

I see the issue, this is caused when a Shelly device has an empty device name in the settings. Iā€™ll see if I can fix that with the next release. For now you can solve it by adding a device name in the official Shelly app or through the webinterface.

I can not reproduce this, pairing my Shelly TRV works fine. Have you tried rebooting the TRV and pairing it within the next 3 minutes? And could you send me a diagnostic report after trying to pair it.

Do you have any special network configuration resulting in ghost devices being identified over mDNS?

Hmm, i had no problems yesterday.

Well the connect screen have changes since the last update 2 hours ago with the extra one (ghosts).

Before i that one I got the following message:

Report: fa2d54a7-4d63-42cd-8d5e-0198bfbff3d6

There is nothing in the log you send me. That error seems to indicate that Homey cant reach the TRV during pairing though when trying to determine if it requires authentication. Make sure the TRV is awake and have good network connectivity.

Had the exact same error as you on multiple devices:

Error: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading ā€˜authā€™)

After going to the web interface and enabling ā€œDevice discoverableā€ in the settings (for those devices that have the option, like the 2.5, rgbw2) i was able to add the first one just fine (will now try the rest of them). May just be random, but I guess itā€™s worth a try. Also, be aware that in the web interface (at least for me) thereā€™s a small bug. If you enable Device Discoverable and reload, you will see itā€™s not enabled. For me what works is expanding Eco Mode (just below it, for a 2.5) and disable Eco mode, enable Device Discoverable, reenable Eco mode. Iā€™m guessing itā€™s not a dependency, but some sort of js web interface bug (didnā€™t spend time investigating).
Donā€™t know if @Phuturist can work around it, Iā€™m guessing itā€™s possible.

Anyway, very happy with the new release, will report back on any issues once I finish adding the rest of my devicesā€¦

Edit:
Plus 1PM doesnā€™t have a Device discoverable setting, so theseā€¦ I cannot add, I get a slightly different message (device is on 0.11.0-beta3)

Error: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading ā€˜auth_enā€™)

So, after posting this:

I fiddled with the settings more and I discovered that one of my +1PM managed to succeed with the adding process. After looking at the differences between the one that successfully connected and the one with the error above, I discovered that on the one with succes I had the ā€œOutbound socketā€ setting enabled and connected, reading ws://LOCAL_IP_OF_HOMEY:6113/ and SSL Connectivity set to *
I have no idea when I did that or if it somehow set itself, but after replicating this setting, it now connected just fine to Homey.

Hope this is useful to someone.

That is unrelated. These settings are added during pairing by my app. The error Error: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading ā€˜auth_enā€™) is earlier in the pairing process. As mentioned before, this is somehow related to networking issues. It would also explain why you can sometimes pair the devices and sometimes run into this error. Rebooting Homey might help.

1 Like

Hi Jelger,
The Shelly 2.5 is missing the ā€œAlways onā€ option in the universal driver.
Are you aware of that? I would like it very much if this option came available!

Thank you.

Re-pair it on the latest version.

1 Like

Hi

I was able to re-pair all devices, but still have no luck with the devices.
There is still no Shelly Device listed in cards when i tried to repair my flows.

ā€œEither re-pair all devices with the new driver, make sure any offline Shelly devices are online when restarting the app or wait until I have added some better error handling for this scenario in the next release.ā€

There is no practical way to have all my 90+ shelly devices online if i restart the app.
Could you possibly try to fix it by a better error handling or give me another hint which device cause the error?

I sent you another Diagnostics Report after I restarted the Shelly app.
a4e5e288-fd41-4429-9dc3-ec36f7ce4f71

Thanks

I have replied to the diagnostic report. It contains errors for devices that are reachable for Homey. If you know a better way to do a migration which requires data from the device itself Iā€™m all ears but as far as Iā€™m aware you can only request data from devices that are actually online.

[EDIT]
But come to think of it. I believe I have already implemented better error handling where it should ignore non migrated devices in the Shelly Action event card. So when using the generic Action Event card you are not able to select any device?

[EDIT2]
Itā€™s another bug which Iā€™ll tackle right away.

[EDIT3]
Should be fixed with 3.10.13

On 3.10.13, Iā€™m still getting this when trying to re-add my Shelly Plus 1PM:

Error: request to http://10.0.0.24/rpc/Shelly.GetDeviceInfo failed, reason: connect EHOSTUNREACH 10.0.0.24:80

Iā€™ve tried restarting the app and my Homey.
The device works fine in Shelly Cloud app, thankfully - or our hot water would get very cold :slight_smile: .

On a whim, I also rebooted the Shelly Plus 1PM.
Afterwards, adding the device to Homey worked right away!

EHOSTUNREACH indicates networking issues. That is not something I can fix from my app. Itā€™s either related to you WiFi or Homeyā€™s network stack.

Good to hear itā€™s sorted now.

1 Like