[APP][Pro] Broadlink App

Sorry…

Actually it was a personal app (modifications), which I made public.
For the moment no updates are planned.

You could try homebridge or home assistant.

Or beg Athom to finally implement IR and RF properly, as it is built in. (And an argument for a lot of people to buy Homey)

Hello,
I’ve just bought the RM 4 Pro but it’s only IR in the Homey app.
Normally it should handle IR & RF.

So I have tried to add RM 4 PRO + too. But when I click to “Learn IR command” or “RF” nothing is happened except the sound of the Homey to say “press …”
I press the remote but nothing…
When I test with the broadlink app, the remote is found directly

Somebody has already this issue ?

Thanks in advance

Hey @Xavier_Bovi you have to instal the ohter Broadlink app from the community store and than IR works but not RF.

Hi @HuisCHovens,

Thanks for your message.

The install button is disabled of broadlinkred
How can I do?

A little how to:
Install the Homey Community Store app.
Keep an eye on your Firewall(s), if you don’t see any further response within a minute. Because then there seems to be a bit too much blocking…
Then check if the HCS app is installed via …More>Settings>Apps
If yes, log in to the HCS
Install the Broadlink app
Make sure that the “INSTALL” button is green (the HCS app must be running on Homey + logged in to the HCS

I’ve found :slightly_smiling_face:
Only IR works, not RF ? right ?

Is possible see/read the learned codes? Need to copy to Home Assistant.

Maybe, maybe if you go here
https://tools.developer.homey.app/tools/devices
And enter the name of the Broadlink device at the search bar.
All (for us) available device data will be returned.

1 Like

Thanks for the help, unfortunately the codes do not appear there :frowning:

Could I please get some advice - I’m considering a Broadlink device (moving from Harmony), but my amp is in a cabinet - I can’t be the only ne with this setup and most devices like Harmony / FireTV cube seem to come with an extender, but I don’t seem to see any option for this on the Broadlink devices

That said, I can’t seem to find anywhere that lays out the differences between all the devices so maybe I’m missing something - anyone here dealing with the same?

Thanks

This might help:

At that price the Broadlink TV Mate comes to roughly the same - do multiple devices work nicely in their ecosystem?

Any plans to bring this app outside homey pro? @Remko

If you mean Homey cloud / bridge by that: impossible.
Broadlink needs local wifi access.

@Peter_Kawa oh shit, I thought that the communication between the plugs and homey were done through broadlinks backend since they need that to work? I read that the way to get them to work was to pair them with the app they were sold with and then add them to homey.

Did I misinterpret the mechanics?

This is about local access

They do use the “cloud”, but the connection is local

1 Like

fudge.
Thanks for saving me the time to dig into it further @Peter_Kawa

1 Like

Its this APP still supported? Its ha been 3 years since the last update? Does somebody now if the RM4 mini is supported. RM4 has replaced RM3.

@spajder_ua I don’t know only on the community store there works the Rm4 mini with only IR

hi @Pieterv123, i was wondering if there are any plans to bring RF to broadlinkred for thee RM4 Pro? is it technically possible?
thanks
Rick