[APP][Pro] BMW Connected

Hi All,
Recently our son was born and dont have a lot of time to go and fix it. Will get to it as soon as i can. If someone else can create a PR will be more than happy to take a look.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards
Likhan

3 Likes

@Likhan
:partying_face::partying_face:

Congrats on your new addition :tada::tada:

In my opinion the schedule should be taken care of by the charger or Homey. The schedule is not car-centric, so the only information required is the battery percentage of the car, then you can determine how many hours of charging is needed, and which hours you want to charge based on power prices.

You can start and stop charging using flows if you have a smart charging station. BMW does not provide the functionality to start and stop charging in the API.

I believe power consumption is not provided by BMW so there is nothing the app can do to provide this. A proper charger does in fact report power consumption.

Congratulations!

Here is an attempt at a problem report.

Environment
Device: Homey Pro 2016-2019
Homey sw version: 8.1.6
BMW Connected version: 0.1.5

Problem description
Data about mileage, charging level, etc in Homey stopped updating about 30. june 2023. I tried removing the device (ie the car in BMW Connected), but when re-adding my car I get the following error message:

Error occured while attempting ‘GET’ at url ‘https://cocoapi.bmwgroup.com/eadrax-vcs/v2/vehicles?[cannot read this part]ne=120&appDateTime=1690713637209&tireGuardMode=ENABLED’
[cannot read this part] body (null) {“statusCode”: 404, “message”: “Resource not found” }

Bear in mind that the [cannot read this part] are letters that are not visible from the iPhone interface.

Steps to reproduce
In Homey app on iPhone

1. Go to “Devices”

2. Use “+” icon to add device

3. “New device”

4. Choose “BMW Connected”

5. Choose “BMW” icon

6. Choose “Connect”

7. Error message appears

I turned on diagnostics on “trace” level and tried the above. Here’s the code:

b9e8727e-dadf-4a35-a798-ae76e4107018

Also, this thread seems to discuss the same issue that occured at approximately the same time.

1 Like

Working again. Thanks :blush:

1 Like

Hello! First off; congrats on your new born!

Love the app but was wondering if you could add a “when” card that allows for geofencing trigger (when car comes Home). Right now it needs to be triggered through a “when location changed” and then a logic. Would be beneficial if we could just act based on a “when” leave/enter geofence trigger.

Additionally, a “then” card to start/stop charging would also be highly appreciated for us with Electric cars. Right now I don’t see an easy way to do so

Thanks for your work!

When trying to add my bmw I get the following message: 401: Error occurred while attempting to retrieve token

I have reinstalled and restarted the app several times, but always the same error.
Anyone any idea how this can be resolved?

There is also a link to Github. Did you report it also at Github?
Link is on the BMW app page.

Hello, is there already someone busy with the “BMW Connected” App itself? Thanks!

@rstroot can you try changing the password and try again.

@Dennis_van_Zelm Is there a specific issue you are facing?

Hai Lichan. The amount Refueled don’t work anymore.It is missing a token and the location no longer works either

This is the message that is shown.

@Dennis_van_Zelm seems like you are not using email address for your username.

What am I doing wrong ? I can’t get this to work. Can someone help me out?
When I test it it works, but it doesn’t work in the real world

Likhan,

Sorry for the long delay for an answer. I just managed to get the app working by uninstalling the app and reinstalling it. Took me about 5 minutes but just did it now. :face_with_peeking_eye:

1 Like

Hi !
First I want to thank you for this great work, I really appreciate your app.

I have a feature suggestion for a future release : do you think it would be possible to add the ability to start the charge of the car ?
In my case, it would be a workaround to an issue I have had since October : I have a BMW i4 and a Zappi charging station (which allows to charge only when there is solar surplus). In the last OTA update, BMW introduced a change which prevent the car to resume the charge when it has been stopped and resume by the charging station more than 2 times since plugging in (and when you charge only with solar surplus, there can be a lot of stop/resume). BMW is aware of this and they told me that it would be solved in a future OTA update (planned for March, but OTA updates can take a long time to be fully deployed). For now, I can resume the charge manually in the BMW app.
In Home Assistant, the BMW integration allows to start the charge, so I have an automation in Home Assistant which is working to resume the charge when Zappi detects that the car refuses to do it automatically.
But this is the only use I have for Home Assistant, it would be great if I could do this directly in Homey :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, is it possible for you to make an app for the mini contryman? Ore make it compapable in this app? The bmw and mini Apps Are identical​:grinning::upside_down_face: