[APP][Pro] BMW Connected

@Henning and @Ollem does not seem to work for me as well for a while. Have been super busy and summer kids summer vacation combined did not have time to look at it. Hopefully sometime in the next week will investigate and update.

2 Likes

Really love this app for bmw. I’m looking forward to the trunk state so i get an alarm when i go sleeping and the trunk is open. Any timings?

Will there be another update??

Are there plans to also support the Mini Connected? As I understand it, the functionality between BMW Connected and Mini Connected API’s is very similar?

Is there any update on the authentification issue? I had to restart my Homey and since then I can not anymore add my X5.
An error occurred while attempting ‘GET’ at url ‘https://cocoapi.bmwgroup.com/eadrax-vcs/v1/vehicles?apptimezone=XXXXX&appDateTime=XXXXXX&tireGuardMode=ENABLED’ with 403 body (null)

1 Like

Hi @llaaccssaapp. I was not aware that authentication is broken. I will look into the issue hopefully sometime next week. Thanks

1 Like

@llaaccssaapp Can you try version 0.1.4 which is now available in the store. Although this is pushed to live, it is not really a completely tested version.

2 Likes

V0.1.4 fixed several issues and now works to show the following for my 2022 iX3:

• Range
  • Mileage
  • Charging status

I am not sure how the alarm status should work but it does go on and off rather unpredictably.

Anyway, thank you very much for the update :blush:

It is working. Thank you very much.

@bMi In the middle of fixing the issues, my account has been blocked, hence are not able to test everything out. I have contacted the BMW Customer Support. Once the account is reactivated i will validate and fix the remaining issues.

2 Likes

Whilst I appreciate the efforts of someone building an app for BMW, this one is lacking the most important features. When battery level changes then blow the horn? Or lock the doors? Without charging control, this app is just a toy… Rating 1.

Can you maybe share on how you envision charging control inside homey? For the use case perspective, there are a lot of use cases, for example for me personally this allows integration through google, also a lot of people are using this to create a log book which is needed for tax purposes in many countries.

@Likhan thanks for maintaining and improving this app!

I recently moved form a petrol BMW to a full-electric BMW, and I agree the option to start and/or stop charging using a flow would be really useful.

This would allow us to start charging when power charges are low.
Setting the charging limits would be another - but secondary - useful feature.

UPDATE:
I wonder now if the BMW API even allows what I’m wishing for… ?!?
I just noticed those capabilities are also not available in the BMW Home Assistant Integration…

Hi @Ollem. Thanks for the kind feedback. Once I have some spare time I will dig in the API to see if that is supported.

1 Like

@Likhan One of the most important use cases for charging would be to set a schedule depending on the electricity price. If today/tomorrow the price is lowest between 01:00 and 05:00 - I would like to charge in that period. If it is lowest between 03:00 and 06:00, choose that period. We could add as much complexity as we want with the flows around minimum and maximum charge levels, modes for full charge or daily default charge etc.

The BMW app supports charging schedules, but it must be set manually for the cheapest period as reported by your electricity provider.

It would be nice if:

• one could start and stop charging using flows
  • the app would report Power consumption while charging (at home) - I guess geolocation would be required for this

Keep getting this 404, anyone know what to do?
I’ve tried reinstall, restarting app and homey.

Homey pro 2019

I have the same error 404. IMHO BMW has changed location of the API on their server or something, so the app now cannot connect to the same place as it used to do before.

Damn, and no developer on this app anymore. Wish I could code :sob:

@Likhan save us! :sweat_smile:

I lost connection, too, but also in Node Red. It looks like BMW has changed something in their API