[APP][PRO] Blink for Home

New test version 1.1.2: Added FTP export for Snapshots and videos.
The logic is the same as for SMB. Please check the posts above about SMB examples for a HowTo.

1 Like

Okay, impressive effort. Thanks. FTP is great, would SFTP also be possible?

I can add the option FTP over SSL/TLS on port 21.
For SFTP another library is needes as this is no basic ftp but ssh access instead.

this would be great, cause I just realized that uberspace.de only supports sftp

New test version 1.1.3: FTP over SSL/TLS and SFTP added for FTP export.

This update took me a lot of time to get the SFTP to work. But finally got it added.

You have some new fields now in the FTP action cards in addition to the default cards like host/port/user:

• FTP security: select plain FTP, FTP over SSL/TLS or SFTP
  • FTP path: Add a path (if needed) to specify your target path on the FTP server. Using SFTP on a NAS you will need this option (read below)

To use FTP locally on your NAS you neet to

• activate the FTP server
  • assign a share
  • add a user which is allowed to use ftp
    If you want to use FTP over SSL/TLS, just activate it in the FTP server settings. The SSL certificate is not verified by domain to be able to use the local IP in case the NAS uses a domain certificate.

To use SFTP locally on your NAS you need to (at least on a QNAP NAS)

• activate SSH (yes, SFTP is using SSH protocol instead of ftp)
  • activate SFTP
  • add a user which should be allowed to login using SSH.
    On a QNAP NAS, only users of group ā€œadminā€ are allowed to use SSH.

Important information for SFTP:

• SFTP (SSH) has no explizit path where files are accessed. Itā€™s just a SSH access to the root folder. That means you have to use the full path to the file. If you want to write a file (name is generated in the app) to a share ā€œftpā€, you have to define the path /share/ftp/ in the flow card field.
  • SFPT needs a admin user to access the NAS and it needs to activate SSH. So do this only if you know what that means and what risks it entails
1 Like

@thobu
Could you already check if SFTP is working for you with test version 1.1.3?
If yes, I can pusblish at stable version. Thanks.

hey, no, not yet. Iā€™m travelling this weekā€¦ sorry will need to wait till weekend.

Would a remote SFTP work as well?

I think so. Servernames should work as well as IPs.

Hmm, trying it on port 22 to no avail at this point. Need to check maybe Iā€™m missing something

The hostname should be ok, without ā€œftp://ā€

tried locally as well, w/out success ā€¦ :thinking: I need to check

maybe Iā€™m missing something with the path I use /home/pi/usb/blink/; would that work?

Iā€™m getting ā€œerror writing fileā€

@thobu found the reason of this error using AdvancedFlow and the error output of the flow card.

The reason was a http 409 error reading the video from the SyncModule.
Thatā€™s a common problem with SyncModule. If itā€™s in use (camera is accessing the module, app is reading videoa list for motion alert check, Blink app is reading data and many more), then an access is not possible most times.

To solve it, you can reduce the access with a higher motion alert check period (20 to 30 sec). Than will delay motion alerts, but you have a higher chance to get the video.
Another approach can be to retry the action in AdvancedFlow.

1 Like

Hi, I have a doorbell connected. It works via the Blink app without any problems.

Now I wanted to create a flow that sends a notification when the doorbell rings or also outputs a sound on a speaker.
However, the flow is not triggered via the card with the pressure on the button.
Am I doing something wrong or am I missing some permissions?
2022-11-01 12_38_26-Todesstern - Brave

Oh, a typo error :slight_smile: Will fix it in the next version.

The Blink app gets a real push message via Blink cloud.
The Homey app can only react on new videos stored in the cloud or on the SyncModule - depending on your account/subscription. Please check if a vodeo is recorded on button press. Thatā€™s the trigger for your flow event.

I had not seen the typo either :smiley:

That is, the trigger ā€œButton pressedā€ I can not query at all? I had already tried it via the account. There is the trigger also.

I have now adjusted the flow and query ā€œEine LiveĆ¼bertragung wurde aufgenommenā€ (unfortunately do not know how this is called in English). However, nothing reacts there either. Neither via the bell directly nor when I query the account.

Only when I query ā€œEine Bewegung wurde erkanntā€, the flow is triggered.
However, a notification is then always sent in the event of a movement :wink:

Is that the way it is supposed to be? I only want to receive a notification when someone actually rings.

In this case, a video is recorded on motion. This is recogniced by the Homey app. I think you have cloud storage active. So Blink is storing the video in your cloud storage. The Homey app retrieves the ā€œnew videosā€ and that triggers the alarm in your flow.
A Liveview is started, when you open the live video view in the Blink MobileApp and start recording the video. For such videos, a trigger is used to differ between manual recordings and motion recordings.
An exception is the flow action ā€œrecord a videoā€. This will trigger the motion alarm because internally Blink is just triggering the motion itself.

The test device I could your while implementing recorded a video with a source ā€œbutton_pressā€. If such a video is found, the button trigger will start your flow. Perhaps in your case a motion is starting a video recording and this is still recording when the button is pressed. Then it could occour that the camera is still busy and does not record a second video - and Blink only send the push message to the mobile app.
You can check it with pressing the button without triggering motion alert. You should see this video in your video list in the BlinkApp.

I have deactivated cloud storage. The videos are stored on a stick in the sync module.

I have deactivated the motion detection for testing. However, this does not change the behavior.
But that also resulted in no videos being recorded at all. I have not found an option that allows me to record videos when ringing.

How can I see if the videos are saved with source ā€œbutton_pressā€?

A button press should record a video. If there is no video on your SyncModule, then the app doesnā€™t know about the button. You can only experiment with thr settings to get the video recorded.