[APP][Pro] BleBox

It’s a matter of day or two.

1 Like

Wow, that would be great !

v3.4.0 is waiting for certification by Athom, when it updates you should be able to add shutterBoxDC. Let me know if it will work for you.

I can’t try it anymore because I already uninstalled the wLightBox, but is the “ON value” of the wLightBox only just for color, and the dim-level is always 100 %? Or is it possible to set also the dim-level with the HEXadecimal value?

The color BUT also dim consists of 4 channels - red, green, blue, white. So you send both with one HEX value. E.g. FF000000 is red in full, but 33000000 is very dark red (dimmed red). It’s the same with every color.

Ok, thank you very much for the explanation.
For me it’s very complicated. Is it possible to simplify it?
But as I have already written, I currently no longer use the wLightBox. So it would only be a general request, not specifically for me.

Hi Piotr,
Thanks for adding the shutterboxDC so fast!
Can you maybe help me to add it to homey?
If I try to add it, homey says: no new devices found.
It is connected to my wifi and from the IOS app I am able to control it.

Thanks !

Eric

Is it updated to the last version (I mean shutterboxDC firmware)?

Blockquote
For me it’s very complicated. Is it possible to simplify it?

I don’t know how, you may suggest :wink: The HEX values are a standard that is widely used not only in smart home, but also in many places where you want to manage colors (e.g. in Photoshop).

Yes, I can choose to install the ShutterboxDC in the app.
Do I need to remove it from the original IOS app first?

Just removed it from the IOS App, but this doesn’t help.
Adding again to the IOS app is no problem.
Only homey doesn’t find it.

No, you don’t have to remove it in iOS app. I asked about firmware update of the shutterBox - you do it in the iOS app. If it’s updated Please let me know which Version and API level is displayed there.

Hi, it’s updated to the latest version.
See details in screenshot

Is it possible to use separate “ON values”? One for the color-code (without a dim level function) and one for the dim level?

Hi Piotr,

No luck finding the reason why I can’t add it to homey?

Regards,

Eric

Hi Piotr,
I am also thinking about ordering a WLightbox V2 but i am not sure if it is supported already.
Can you confirm this?

Thanks !

Eric

No luck finding the reason why I can’t add it to homey?

I know the reason. As I can see in the API Level parameter of your shutterBoxDC, it uses old API which does not support mDNS discovery. So I will have to add a different functionality to the driver - not to discover the device automatically, but the user to provide IP address of the device manually (it also has an impact on a few other internal things). Unfortunately I was abroad this weekend, so it will take me a few more days to develop this.

1 Like

Is it possible to use separate “ON values”? One for the color-code (without a dim level function) and one for the dim level?

No, it inseparable. This is how generally light works - color and dim is encoded in single value.

Please consider this: hex value is in format RRGGBBWW where RR is red channel, GG is green channel, BB is blue channel and WW is white channel. Every channel takes a value of 00 to FF (which can be also recalculated to 0-100%). So you provide for every channel something that can be called dim value of that channel. When you specify all channels, then you get dim and color at once. It’s NOT the same as with paints as we were learnt in school (mixing red, yellow, blue), because paints are not lights - can not be dimmed (you can only specify proportions of every paint to be mixed, no dimming possibility).

1 Like

I am also thinking about ordering a WLightbox V2 but i am not sure if it is supported already.
Can you confirm this?

It should work. If not - let me know and I will provide a patch for the driver. But I think it won’t be necessary.

PS. I have some additional work for wLightBox in my TODO list, so there will be some additional functionalities soon (e.g. effects, channel dimming in flows).

1 Like

Hi,
Thanks for your reply !
If you need any additional info from me, please let me know.

Eric

Great ! I will order one en let you know if it works.

Eric