[APP][Pro][Deprecated] Arlo - Security Camera

Arlo

**Please note that this application has been removed from the app store and is no longer supported. As it requires an aggressive 2FA which doesn’t allow automation **

Version 2 is a very major update where I rewrote all of the underlying communication layer with Arlo. Consequently it requires significant testing, below you will a list of all the features of version 1 of the app crossed out. Items tested and working will be plain text and latest additions will show in green.

• New feature/flow/device
  • Unsupported feature/flow/device from version 1
  • Tested and supported feature/flow/device

Change Log

Devices

Stations

• VMB3000
  • VMB4000
  • VMB4500
  • VMB5000

Cameras

• VMC3030
  • VMC4030
  • VMC4030P
  • VMC5030

Other

Capabilities

Basestation

• Motion Detected
  • Audio Detected

Camera

• Motion Detected
  • Audio Detected
  • Battery
  • Wifi Strength
  • Camera Image

Flows

Triggers

• Motion Detected by device connected to basestation
  • Audio Detected by device connected to basestation
  • Motion Detected by device connected to camera
  • Audio Detected by device connected to camera

Donate

Help me buy a homey to create this and other apps on.

Notes

Please note that this app now only supports Homey v4.0 +

Its Highly recommended that you create a new Arlo user, and add the device to Homey using the new user. To ensure that you are not kicked from the Mobile app by Homey and required to re-log in.

Using

1. After installing, to add a new Device, click + (add) upon the devices tab select “Arlo Device”.
  2. Likely a the screen will open asking for you to log into your arlo account.
  3. The loading screen may stay for up to a minute, but once completed your arlo devices will be shown.
  4. Click on which devices you would like to add to Homey.

Possible Uses

TBA

Other

Otherwise everything else is as advertised in the post, hit me up on Slack (@jamie) if you have any questions or issues. Items show in this post (and only this post) are confirmed to work.

Status

Thanks

11 Likes

Hello Jamie,

I am a Arlo User (Pro Base, 1x ProCam, 3 Arlo Cams). I would be pleased to support your with feedback during your testings if you are in need of Alpha and Beta testers.

Regards
Andreas

1 Like

Hi Andreas,

I also want to point out that this is an alpha test - not early access to the app.

hello I would become aplha tester ,

i have
1x Arlo Pro VMC4030
1x Arlo Pro 2 VMC4030P
1x Arlo Pro Base

Thank you

Alex

Hi @alex_Tom welcome to the community

I would love to add you both as alpha testers, I am currently testing the VMC4030P.

But it is simply not possible for me to add you to the alpha program if I dont have the email address which you use to login into the app.athom.com store. Please have a read of the quoted text above and if your still interested just follow the instructions.

Thanks

P.S. @Seraphim, same applies, if that wasnt clear.

Thanks

Hi
I have the following Arlos and could try to test a lot

1x Arlo basestation VMB4000
2x Arlo Pro 2 VMC4030P

1st Arlo Smarthub VMB5000
2st Arlo Ultra VMC5040
1st Arlo Doorbell
1st Arlo Chime

also a Arlo GO VML4030

//Bobby

Hi @Bobbzy welcome to the community.

I really cant add anyone with the email address that you use to login to the app store.

Ok, but how can I send a direct message in here to you? can’t find how :slight_smile:

@Bobbzy Click on Jamies name and then on the envelope to send a private message.

Thanks

1.0.201 has been released, this is a minor release which allows non-owners accounts to be added.

If you have created another account, then you can now use it with Homey.

Thanks

5 Likes

1.1.100 has been released and add support for the VMC4030 - That is the Arlo Pro Camera.

This means currently supported are :

Arlo Pro
Arlo Pro 2

Next will be the Arlo original.

Thanks

1 Like

1.2.101 has been released it adds support for the VMC3030 - That is the Arlo (original).
It also fixes a bug where the VMC4030 icon was not being displayed correctly.

This means that currently supported are :

• Arlo (VMC3030)
  • Arlo Pro (VMC4030)
  • Arlo Pro 2 (VMC4030P)

I have neither a VMC4030 or a VMC3030 - so please if it works, or doesnt let me know.

Thanks

2 Likes

I don’t suppose there is anyone with a VMC3010, I believe it is similar to the VMC3030 - but with out night camera (IR) ?

Will there also be support for the Arlo Q? I’m happy to test.

1 Like

The Arlo Q is a different beast, as it is both a base station and a camera - support is possible, but it will be quite difficult with out access to a device.

I could help testing a VMB3010r2.

Any chance we could see a public alpha/beta of this app soon?

It is not possible to have a public alpha, once the app is stable and working we will look at releasing a beta.

2 Likes

How far away is a first beta release?