[APP][Pro] Amazon - Alexa

I would recommend! I have one for my kitchen and use it for recipes, ideal for this. I don’t use much other things on it like the firetv stuff, but if I wanted I could watch something while making my food I guess. Anyway, thank you very much @Jamie

:sob:

I would definitely recommend it as well, I have 3 of them, 1 in my office, 1 in my kitchen and 1 in my bathroom. I absolutely love how you can have widgets with sticky notes reminders and calendars and also the fire tv function, its amazing.

Hi @Jamie!

I would like to ask for your help. I’m a newbie using your app and having trouble connecting to Amazon.

When I try to add a new dive (like Echo dot4) or simply just try to configure it from Settings>Apps>Amazon Alexa, I arrive at the connect page.
I enter my user details (tel number, pwd), getting the pin for MFA. After that I get an error message from the site: “Sorry we couldn’t find the page”.
I tried to connect using the iOS Homey app (v7.0.01197) and from my PC using the webapp (1.9.38), but always got the same error.
Note: the device server is “EU and India”, but I already tried with North America too. Also tried to setup amazon.com and amazon.co.uk as page.

Can you please help me resolve this issue?

1 Like

Hi Daniel, sorry that is a new one, im not even sure what page its attempting to redirect you to.

Perhaps try doing it then sending me a diagnostic report, ill see if there is anything in there (but I am not holding my breath).

@Jamie
I tried to connect again, it failed, so I’ve created the diagnostic report for you.
Here is the code: 89708ea6-c4be-4758-a992-a64f7a061d3b

I also opened the dev console in Chrome, and captured the following:

Thanks for the great app Jamie! I have 3 echo devices under the same account and this really adds some nice utility to Homey for me. I have no problem adding my older Echo Dot Gen 2 and Echo Gen 2, but for some Reason my Echo Dot Gen 4 with Clock can not be added. I was first thinking it was due to the model not being in the list but I read in the replies here that people have successfully added their Echo Dot v4 with clock :thinking: - Am I missing something or is this model simply not supported right now? The device shows up and responds just fine in the Alexa app like the other 2 Echo’s but it keeps saying it can’t find a device when I try to add the Echo Dot Gen 4.

I will try and answer, but I could be wrong. Jamie always mentions that even though “us” as a consumer see echo family as a simple product line, what happens underground is a messy mishmash. Firstly a echo dot v4 for instance may have various versions and sub versions but all act the same for us consumers. This makes keeping a app aligned with all these versions and sub version very difficult, even though to us they are all the same how we as humans interact with them. So I think what is happening here and I emphasise the think part, is your echo is ever so slightly different and the app doesn’t know about it. Jamie has to, using a app debug log, interview all devices to see what it is they need to then provide them with the right commands or what they present themselves as to discover them. So it maybe worth preemptively taking this as what is happening and submit a request for a new device, as show above. However, it could be just a simple bug with the app. Anyhow, hope this helps.

1 Like

@DanielLoczi I bumped into exactly the same situation but I managed to fix it.
My steps:

• Delete Amazon - Alexa Homey app
  • Shut down Homey and my Alexa devices
  • Powered them on again
  • Installed the app again
  • Logged in my Amazon.com account and went to “Manage content and devices”.
  • Had to login again - page wasn’t very useful but I didn’t close it
  • Went to My Homey again for another attempt to add my Echo Dot’s
  • Logged in and chose “Europe and India”

Succes!

I’m a complete noob but I hope this somehow helps…

Hi @JonathanS and @Jamie!

Finally, I managed to make it work!
@JonathanS: first, I followed the steps that you suggested but it still didn’t work. I tried the step from my laptop. Homey app was used from https://my.homey.app
And this was the problem! It seems this is not supported.
I changed to my iPhone. Logged in to amazon.com using Safari. Then I opened the Homey mobile app, and did another attempt to add my Echo Dot. At this time I didn’t get OTP in SMS, it just allowed me to login and the Echo Dot was added successfully.

So all good now! Thanks guys!

Summary:
if you face this “Sorry we couldn’t find the page” issue, then the key points are:

1. use your mobile,
  2. before trying to add your device to Homey, login to amazon.com using your browser (Safari in case of iOS)
  3. open Homey mobile app (not the WebApp!)
  4. add your Amazon device, that should work!
1 Like

Hey not only does it need to be the homey app but please also make sure your on the local network when you connect.

It won’t work (with out a bunch of config on your router) remotely.

Hey if I could jump on this thread, I have it all set up and running well, just there are some lights that it wont discover when I add devices they are in Alexa as lights and work in the Alexa app but it doesn’t find them.

One of two things things is happening

The lights your trying to add are not defined as lights in Alexa? What type are they?

It’s related to the bug in homey - where on the new app if there are too many devices simply don’t show any you just get a. White screen with no text

What type of light are you trying to add, and do you get any other results back, a message saying no new lights or a blank screen?

1 Like

I just want to say a big thanks (once again) to you @Jamie !
When I requested the Alexa TTS-functionality several years ago, you were quick to jump on it and start the work (and hopefully my monetary contribution provided you with something good to eat and drink. ;)).

Still use this app every day and more useful now than ever, so keep up the fantastic work!

3 Likes

I get results for other lights in Alexa, funny thing is that I was able to add one light from the same company (pixie plus) but not the others all interested to Alexa through the same hub supplied by the manufacture but just the one, very odd

Hi at all,
I have the recurring problem, that Alexa app always forgets that I am in Germany (India and Europe) and sets the server to North America. I do have to repair it then and it works again. But that’s annoying…

Hi all.
Is there a way to automate a flow so that homey triggers the start of an echo dot light ring (or night light mode)?
That would be interesting for my kids bedroom an also for some alerts.

Best regards

The Amazon login seems to be broken itself. At least if I try to login via Firefox before trying to connect the Homey App.

Any advice?

Edit: After talking to two Amazon reps (which were not helpful at all) disabling the “Open links in apps” prompt in Firefox for Android seems to have fixed the not found pages.

Edit 2: Still getting the not found page when trying to login via local network OAuth routine. The workarounds mentioned above didn’t work (Firefox on Android)

Edit 3: Also tested with Chrome on Android, still doesn’t work.

Edit 4: Tried logging in to amazon.com and then opening the Homey Apps OAuth flow via local lan IP on my Computer which also gave me a not found page.

Hi Jamie, once again thank you so much for this wonderful app :heart: After installing it on my new Homey Pro 23 its running even more smoothly, I don’t think I’ve had a crash once, its amazing :blush::+1:

I really want to donate to you as I’ve mentioned before, I just need to get my finances in order but I promise I will, you deserve to be paid for all this hard work :heart::kissing_heart:

Btw, is it possible, and only if and when you get time, that one can send an image to an Echo Show via a flow? I have not been able to do this through any means yet, I tried with the apps available out there but they only work with Google Nest. The thing is, I can send a command to Alexa and ask her to show me a certain photo and she will do it but its the confirmation command which is extremely annoying and which I can’t get rid off, its fine in general but during certain routines it simply don’t fit. So it would be really nice to be able to send a picture and not get a “here’s your picture” reply command and then continue forward with the routine.

hey @Jamie ,

Great app!

However, I have a question:
is it possible to integrate the Echo devices from the Bose 700/500 Soundbar and Lenovo SmartDock

thanks!
TK1