[APP][Pro] Amazon - Alexa

I do cycle my wifi every night. (I have my own setup and the driver for the Hostcard 2.4Ghz band leaks memory.) It is a: QWA-AC2600 | Turn your Ubuntu/Linux PC or QNAP NAS into a high-performance and secure wireless access point/base station | QNAP (US) but it is on a regular Linux PC and not any QNAP system.

The disconnect usually happens during the day though… I’ll try some of the error cards and see if I get any logs…

Thanks for the input.

There could be a bug in the app - or you didn’t create routing in alexa yet and the app has nothing to show/filter in this selection list.

hello,

what does mean “create routing in alexa” ?

i have already multiple active routines
and previous command is working

Me too. It happens every 2-3 weeks silently. And in comparison to the older version no workaround like enable/disable or restart or reconnect works anymore after the silent disconnection. I have to go throw the whole login process.

I will try the on error trigger card.

Works like a charm for months here.
No disconnects, triggering routines via flows, Activating and desactivating devices,Text to speech. No complaints.
Thx for the hard work!
Lets still hope the app will be updated to SDK3 :innocent:

2 Likes

Hi @Marc_Jurriens thank you for both your feedback here and also for leaving the 1 star reviews.

As I have mentioned else where - 1 star reviews are useful as the help me to determine when something is no longer worth maintaining and where I should focus my limited efforts.

This app works like a charm,no disconnect anymore and all features works!
Sometimes indeed i lost the app connection but only when i restart my wifi so it’s not Jamie’s fault!
5 stars😁

1 Like

I can also confirme that the App is now rock solid here, no more disconnects and working very well.
thank you @Jamie for your hard work, is is very much appriciated here in Copenhagen. Kind regards RepairGuyDK - Demarks biggest Tech Youtuber :wink:

Also here in Switzerland
Everything works fine
Thank you Jamie for your effort

@Marc_Jurriens thank you for explaining how complaining is actually beneficial to the entire community. It always eluded me why people do that, so thank you. While others waste hours and hours building stuff for everyone to enjoy, or help by testing and creating bug reports, requesting new features they came up with, they could have been contributing with one star reviews.
Your motivation, to help direct focus elsewhere is only just short of trolling. Thanks by all the people who are relying and loving this app.
Since me and Jamie asked for error reports if people still suffered from disconnects i assume we can locate many created by you… cause I need new error reports to find the remaining disconnects.

2 Likes

All working here @Jamie! So glad you managed to pull it off and well done, thankless task I know. One thing I would say in terms of feedback is please open source your code and you maybe will get people like me who could help fix issues :slight_smile: This will help reduce workload and help the app get better!

1 Like

Does anyone here know how to handle a response from an alexa device used in a flow?

Is it supported?

The reason I am asking is that I am asked a code from my car when I want to turn on the heater. It would be very useful just to be able to wait for a response from an alexa device and then just to send a payload.

Try using the “send command” with delays.
I think it should work

• would be great to hear back whether it does

Hello Jamie,
I don’t find something about echo dot gen5, sorry if I missed…

I have a Homey Pro early 2023, and I’ve bought today an echo dot gen5, I read just now that it’s not compatible :confused:
As we are finishing year 2022, I didn’t suppose that…

Would it possible please to add it ?
Thank you.

2 Likes

@Jamie,

Thanks for the suggestion. I’ll try that. I’ll report my progress back. I was considering doing “dead reckoning” just as you suggest, but I thought that it might not work.

Worth a try!

I tried it, with different delays. Sadly, it does not work.

It would be really nifty if there was some card that “interepted feedback” from Alexa and then issued a reply.

My guess is that internally in the API “send command” and “respond to question from alexa” are not one and the same.

Question is if there even is a “text-API” call to issue a response, or if Amazon has decided that it should be voice only… Hmm Hold on… I could try and do this with the prompt in the Alexa app…

I’ll try that out the next time I need to start the heater in the car and get back to you…

The app doesn’t work anymore, Echo shows now as “disconnected” in Homey.
It says to reconnect in the app settings, which I do, it searches forever then says “not found”…

1 Like

Hi @Pierre_Gi are you able to put some screenshots in?

1 Like

There you go :slight_smile: